Canvas or caviar

• Black canvas

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Blue canvas

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Black caviar

Votes: 34 30.1%

• Total voters
I am your height and got the medium black canvas with the handle. I really considered getting the small blue canvas, it’s a perfect size for petites. But then I saw the black and Also loved the black color + wanted the handle so I got the black one. But now every time I take it out to try it on, I feel like it’s WAY big for me. I was planning on using it for day trips and such, not as a daily bag... but still, the wide base is overwhelming to me. So definitely try them all on.

Side note- the black one pictured looks folded and creased?? And caviar seems like it would be heavy.

Reactions: honolulu168
I am your height and got the medium black canvas with the handle. I really considered getting the small blue canvas, it’s a perfect size for petites. But then I saw the black and Also loved the black color + wanted the handle so I got the black one. But now every time I take it out to try it on, I feel like it’s WAY big for me. I was planning on using it for day trips and such, not as a daily bag... but still, the wide base is overwhelming to me. So definitely try them all on.

Side note- the black one pictured looks folded and creased?? And caviar seems like it would be heavy.
Thank you, JoeyLouis! I was in the Chanel today, I tried Medium Black canvas one, it is too big on me. The Small canvas is perfect size, but I am not sure canvas for wear and tear. I wear dresses daily, so the caviar in black work with me. Thank yoU!

I just bought the blue canvas (A67001). Wanted black canvas but the boutique did not bring that in. The blue is a nice blue, easy-to-pair-with-anything kind of blue. Has a casual vibe to it. Seems lightweight (when unladen), but heavier than the Longchamp tote which I am used to. Very spacious, so I tend to fill the bag, which obviously adds on to the weight. I am abt 157cm, looks proportionate. One strap tends to drop off the shoulder, so you have to carry the bag in a certain manner. Overall, love the bag. Carried it the moment I left the boutique (no I did not bring home the gigantic Chanel box). It is my first non-leather Chanel bag, so I am not sure about wear and tear. Hope this helps! :smile:

Last edited:
I just bought the small blue canvas. Wanted small black canvas but the boutique did not bring that in. The blue is a nice blue, easy-to-pair-with-anything kind of blue. Has a casual vibe to it. Seems lightweight (when unladen), but heavier than the Longchamp tote which I am used to. Very spacious, so I tend to fill the bag, which obviously adds on to the weight. I am abt 157cm, looks proportionate. One strap tends to drop off the shoulder, so you have to carry the bag in a certain manner. Overall, love the bag. Carried it the moment I left the boutique (no I did not bring home the gigantic Chanel box). It is my first non-leather Chanel bag, so I am not sure about wear and tear. Hope this helps! :smile:
Thank you, Sweetpea 33! Congratulations to your new purchase!! I see, the blue canvas probably will go well with jean , which I don't wear lol...My SA told me that the black canvas will arrive about 1-2 weeks... I still need to decide which one to get canvas or caviar.

Hi! I would choose the canvas one if I had to choose between the canvas deauville and caviar deauville, simply because I personally don’t favour the studs on the caviar. Plus the caviar somehow looks too stiff to me.

I haven’t seen the 20P canvas deauville irl yet, based on the pics I would choose the blue, because black is just black...too common.

But I don’t know if a canvas bag could justify the price tag. :doh: Therefore maybe you don’t mind waiting for 4 months to see the Metier’s collection which will offer deauville tote in aged calfskin? Just my 2 cents :P

I prefer the canvas, caviar is too stiff and structured for me. When I tried it on, it looks humongous on my small frame. I like the navy, but I am holding out for the black to arrive. I like my bags understated and the logo on black, to me, seems less conspicuous - although I haven’t seen it irl yet. Can’t wait to see which one you choose!

I can't see any pictures of the black canvas, just the blue and the black leather.

Anyway, I really don't like the caviar version, at all, but I seem to be in minority. The canvas bags are pretty though, despite the large logos. I see it working as a cute, casual weekend "carry all", it would be really pretty with a simple daytime outfit. I'd choose the blue one, it gives me a bit of a "sailor" vibe, it would be the perfect bag to bring if you were going on a yacht cruise, haha.

Here are my Deauville’s in canvas and caviar. I like them both. I don’t find the caviar to be heavy. If I had to choose, I would get caviar. Whatever you decide, I encourage you to inspect the bag thoroughly before purchase. There were quality issues with my caviar shipped to my local store from another store. I had to exchange it. Also, if you choose caviar, please ensure they pack it in the appropriate sized box. I know someone who had her caviar ruined because the SA packed it in a box that was too small.

Attachments

• 6A379165-3DD8-4891-8A1F-11E6DACED568.jpeg
    6A379165-3DD8-4891-8A1F-11E6DACED568.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 286
  • C64A2699-EA46-4083-8A45-44F26012F12F.jpeg
    C64A2699-EA46-4083-8A45-44F26012F12F.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 290