Which Chanel purchase(s) did you regret?

I have had mixed feelings for my old medium boy...It was my first pucahse from Chanel and it is in the most beautiful dark pink (very close to red but with a hint of pink) and I love the shiny silverhardware. The only thing is that it is made in perforated Lambskin which is very delicate and yet not as luxurious as real lambskin due to the small holes perforated on the leather.

IMG_2964.JPG

I have been babying it as much as I can and only use it occassionaly (most of the times I just adore it at home) yet the corners are showing wear and I get really frustrated as I always take so good care of my bags.

Was considering selling it but where I live people are only into black handbags so it will not be easy, plus I do have a bit sentimental feeling about it as it was my first Chanel bag :sad:

Ever since I am scared of lambskin and will definitely not purchase lamb again...

Big sigh.

New medium Boy bag for me. I'm definitely more a classic flap kinda gal. Love my jumbos and maxi.
I feel the same way!! My husband always wants to get me the Boy and I tell him no way I love the classic Jumbo and Maxi!! for some reason men really like the boy bag a lot more than the classic flap.. I have witnessed it in the boutique too many times lol

I have had mixed feelings for my old medium boy...It was my first pucahse from Chanel and it is in the most beautiful dark pink (very close to red but with a hint of pink) and I love the shiny silverhardware. The only thing is that it is made in perforated Lambskin which is very delicate and yet not as luxurious as real lambskin due to the small holes perforated on the leather.

View attachment 3467070

I have been babying it as much as I can and only use it occassionaly (most of the times I just adore it at home) yet the corners are showing wear and I get really frustrated as I always take so good care of my bags.

Was considering selling it but where I live people are only into black handbags so it will not be easy, plus I do have a bit sentimental feeling about it as it was my first Chanel bag :sad:

Ever since I am scared of lambskin and will definitely not purchase lamb again...

Big sigh.

I have had a number of lambskin bags and I have 'regretted' all of them, a few years down the road. They were very beautiful in the beginning but like you, despite taking great care of them, their beauty don't last. I ended up with great heartache and lotsa $$$ down the drain.

My caviar bags and wallets have worn well over the years and actually got more beautiful over time.

The vintage lambskin flap I bought online from a Japanese reseller ...very regret.
When I received the bag, the leather inside the chain was broken / ripped off.
I brought it to the Chanel boutique for repair. However, they refused to repair unless I bought the card with the serial number matched with the bag. I am not sure if it’s authenticity issue. Sadly this bag doesn’t come with the card.
I spent HK$1200 to change the leather inside the chain and HK $800 polish/wash the bag at a professional branded bag repair shop.
But I have never been used the bag afterwards. When ever I thought about the bag, I feel sad.
It’s stopped me to buy vintage Chanel again.

Cruise 2015 small messenger bag in very light pink/almost beige. It was a treat from my mom and I chose it. 'Not only did I choose it, I went there desperately hoping to find it. I really regret that now. I hate the shape and color and the quality isn't that good either. I am so tempted to just sell it, but as I said it was a treat from my mom and I was the one to choose it :sad:

"Have no RAGRETS" :biggrin:
Okay, I do have one...I bought a light blush pink patent cardholder, and I can say...it is definitely not blush pink anymore. Leaning towards the brown side. I brought it to Chanel and asked if it could be cleaned, and...R.I.P., NOPE! :yucky::yucky:

...since then, I have banned myself from buying light colored patent goodies.

Reactions: ironic568
"Have no RAGRETS" :biggrin:
Okay, I do have one...I bought a light blush pink patent cardholder, and I can say...it is definitely not blush pink anymore. Leaning towards the brown side. I brought it to Chanel and asked if it could be cleaned, and...R.I.P., NOPE! :yucky::yucky:

...since then, I have banned myself from buying light colored patent goodies.

Patent and light-coloured for me, since having accidents on light-coloured bag and colour transfer for patent bag .... [emoji22]

Definitely would be the classic crystal CC earrings. They are a present from my dad and hold a sentimental value so I wouldn't sell them but every second time I wear them, crystals would fall out. I have sent them already 3 times to the boutique... such a shame as they are so sparkly :heart:

Reactions: C45S10P3LL4
I have regretted almost all my Chanel purchases. I always "settle".
1. (Not a classic) flap shoulder bag. This was my first chanel bag and bought it just to own Chanel. Sold it within a year.
2. Large Tan Cavier Boy with Silver Hardware. It wasn't my style at all and I sold it within 6 months.
3. Classic Black Single Maxi Flap with gold hardware. For me, the CCs in gold is too flashy for me.

I do NOT regret the Purple Cavier Boy WOC with gold hardware.. somehow I adore this bag.
I am debating a black cavier Reissue 226... I have one on hold from my favorite reseller. I think the more discreet hardware on the bigger bag and option of crossbody wear will suit me best!

Reactions: Arlene619
I have momentary regrets sometimes. Style? Leather? Hardware? Color? I always second-guess myself and worry that I made a wrong choice.
(Black caviar pst: too open, short strap, should have got lamb )
(Black lamb m/l: too small)
(Red patent jumbo: too loud)

But as I force myself to start using my bags, I really start to love them all over again.
(Blk pst: great size for iPad mini, easy to use, great for snow)
(Black m/l: perfect day to night. Still love)
(Red jumbo: perfect travel size, perfect shade of red. Zillion compliments. No wonder DH got it for me )

I may never have a minimal bag collection, but I am having fun.

Only true regret-- selling bags. I lost so much $$$. I'm better off using the bags one way or another or giving it to my daughter, mom, or mom-in-law.