Which bags have you gotten your money's worth?

YSL‘s Shopping Saint Laurent Toy bag bought in sales. Like it carried crossbody and I can choose not to show the brand name so it doesn’t make me a target. Really simple and very lightweight. Best of all, it’s a “Chuck as much as it can hold” bag.
A few years of use and I still prefer to take it out on daily outings compared to my other bags.

Calculated cost over the years in use = around 180 bucks a year and will lessen next year again.
The metal strap holders didn’t give way like those of the Coach tote did in 2 years (both carried similar items). Not even a dent on the strap holders even though they are tiny and don’t look that thick.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolmelondew
Bumb bag, fendi baguette in zucca, Prada reedition , and fendi mon Tresor. I bought the ysl Loulou in medium and I struggle to wear her. She’s too big for my frame so she just sits on her little stand. I also have a Chanel 19- I love her but she’s my baby!! She’s gorgeous , these are by far my faves!!

If getting one's money worth is about cost per wear, it's hard to beat a decently made contemporary bag. Even if it breaks down in a couple years, they're often 1/7 - 1/10 the cost of luxury items, so the luxury item would have to last 10 times as long. I'm middle aged, so half my life is already gone, and the oldest bag I have is only 4 years old, so I'm not sure how much thinking of it in those terms makes a lot of sense for me, lol. I paid $200 for a Dooney and Bourke I wore probably 500+ times before it broke. I paid $2300 for a Gucci bag that, to get equivalent cost per wear, I'd have to wear it ... 5,750 times, and it's pretty much a guarantee that, since I have other bags to wear too, I'd die before I reached that point. Actually, probably my best cost per wear is a $20 coated canvas crossbody I bought about a year and a half ago, which I use for physical kinds of outings all the time.

So I guess, almost all my bags I'd say I got my money's worth, because as long as I was okay with the price and I use it somewhat regularly, which I do for pretty much everything I have, I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. If I think of getting my money's worth as bang for the buck more generally, including price, beauty, utility, everything, then my best is my Coach Swagger 27 even though I've only had it for about 15 months. Holds a lot without being too big, is black so goes with everything, but has mixed metal rivets and quilting so it's not boring to me, and goes well day to night, I think. And I just love the way it looks. Bought it used for about $300.

Reactions: Jktgal and whateve
I’m still shocked as I bought this one a whim. My YSL Camera bag is absolutely the best CPW. I bought it just before Covid hit. With changes in lifestyle since, it’s become my most used bag. I’ve probably worn it over 100 times! Happily it still looks almost new!

I’d love to find another camera bag to add to my collection. Perhaps in navy or cream.

IMG_3254.jpeg

My Jimmy Choo matte navy crocodile bag bought new, I don’t know how many years ago.
Used year round , never babied, loved above all other bags..I’d never part with it..I’m looking for a similar bag but can’t yet find anything I’d get a similar cost per wear..

Reactions: Taylor_elle