Which Bag did you sell recently? Let's Share!!

buonobi

Aug 29, 2014
I always search bags on pre-owned websites.
Many bags are on shelves.
I wonder why people sell their lovely bags, even the beautiful H!

Actually I just sold my Givenchy Pandora Wristlet & Medium.
They are super lovely and versatile, but sometimes just too casual for me and the shoulder strap of medium is quite long for me as I don't like bags hanging near my ***.
Also I need the fund to be part of my Fendi MTO Peekaboo.
:roflmfao:

Pandora Wristlet is cute but I tend to use my Vintage Fendi Baguette or Envelope Clutch.

Please share your thoughts & reasons too!

OMG! I've sold over 30 bags in the last year!

The main reason is my personal style radically changed. I updated my closet with fewer, higher quality, more fashionable bags v. a ton of haphazardly purchased bags that were often simply cheap or tacky. 😖

These are just a few of the ones I've sold:

• COACH Spotlight Sequin bags in red and blue (Too over the top since I don't live in a 70's disco)
• COACH leather bags - pink, black, burgundy (The evil bag snob in me won't allow me to carry Coach)
• DOONEY & BOURKE black tassel pebbled leather tote (Boring. Zzzzzz....)
• KATE SPADE black London Leather Sawyer tote (Very nice but too small)
• KATE SPADE tan/black Rumor Bow Satchel and black Beaumont Bridge (I'm over 12 so no more bags with bows)
• VALENTINO Pink Lacca Dome Bag (again - no more bows)
• ISABELLE FIORA Tied Up Harlow in pink and turquoise (what was it with me and the &$!#@ bows?!)
• PRADA shoulder bags in cream leather and black nylon (Bought these when I was tiptoeing into designer bags. I should have kept tipping past these tiny dated, "vintage" bags)
• GUESS red patent faux croc satchel (Mr. Tacky McYucky)
• RALPH LAUREN, MICHAEL KORS, etc. - several small crossbody bags (Unlike micro bag wearing starlets, I don't have an entourage. So I need a bag that can actually hold a wallet)
• JESSICA SIMPSON large orange faux croc (Gawd awful tacky!)
• KATHY VAN ZEALAND silver faux leather satchel with studs, metal plates and clear plastic hanging doodads (My mother in law gave it to me. She wears Chanel. So, you can guess how she feels about me from this bag choice.😕)
• FENDI B bags in pink & black/white (Sex in the City wanted its bags back)
• GUCCI green 1970 bag - (Beautiful bag but it felt like I was carrying a big, green monster)
• CHANEL dark grey classic flap (Gorgeous but I just didn't love it enough so I bought a different Chanel)

As you can see I bought bags like I was blind and had multiple personalities. No defined personal style and - very often - a questionable taste level. Just all over the place. 😩😱 I'll blame it on youth and being raised by a mother who only owns one beat up vinyl bag!

I'm happy to say my new bags are a careful reflection of the style I've developed and actully having an active fashion brain cell. LOL!!! I still like a fun bag but, it will fit my style - tailored and feminine with a touch of edge. I tend to like the more tailored offerings from Prada, Gucci, Chanel & YSL.

Can't wait to hear what others are selling and why!

LOL!
I love your descriptions. I think lots of us don't have a well defined personal style which can result in lots of random bag choices. I will look at a cute bag and say 'OMG I can wear this when I am doing XYZ and I will wear ABC!' Of course I never do XYZ and it seems like I always need to lose 10 pounds before I can wear ABC.

The main reason is my personal style radically changed. I updated my closet with fewer, higher quality, more fashionable bags v. a ton of haphazardly purchased bags that were often simply cheap or tacky. 😖

• COACH Spotlight Sequin bags in red and blue (Too over the top since I don't live in a 70's disco)
• COACH leather bags - pink, black, burgundy (The evil bag snob in me won't allow me to carry Coach)
• KATE SPADE tan/black Rumor Bow Satchel and black Beaumont Bridge (I'm over 12 so no more bags with bows)
• ISABELLE FIORA Tied Up Harlow in pink and turquoise (what was it with me and the &$!#@ bows?!)
• PRADA shoulder bags in cream leather and black nylon (Bought these when I was tiptoeing into designer bags. I should have kept tipping past these tiny dated, "vintage" bags)
• RALPH LAUREN, MICHAEL KORS, etc. - several small crossbody bags (Unlike micro bag wearing starlets, I don't have an entourage. So I need a bag that can actually hold a wallet)
• KATHY VAN ZEALAND silver faux leather satchel with studs, metal plates and clear plastic hanging doodads (My mother in law gave it to me. She wears Chanel. So, you can guess how she feels about me from this bag choice.😕)
• GUCCI green 1970 bag - (Beautiful bag but it felt like I was carrying a big, green monster)
• CHANEL dark grey classic flap (Gorgeous but I just didn't love it enough so I bought a different Chanel)

As you can see I bought bags like I was blind and had multiple personalities. No defined personal style and - very often - a questionable taste level. Just all over the place. 😩😱 I'll blame it on youth and being raised by a mother who only owns one beat up vinyl bag!

I'm happy to say my new bags are a careful reflection of the style I've developed and actully having an active fashion brain cell. LOL!!! I still like a fun bag but, it will fit my style - tailored and feminine with a touch of edge. I tend to like the more tailored offerings from Prada, Gucci, Chanel & YSL.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I've sold the following bags this year:

LV Speedy 30 black Epileather
LV Damier Ebene Nolita
Marc Jacobs Big Apple Nomad in chocolate brown suede
Marc Jacobs Grand Metropolitan Atlantic blue with snakeskin trim (Lamb/Goat)
Marc Jacobs Grand Metropolitan Flame Red (Lamb/Goat)
Marc Jacobs Waxed Calf Leather Grand Metropolitan in Luggage brown
Gucci Pelham hobo in brown Guccissima leather

I've sold the following bags this year:

LV Speedy 30 black Epileather
LV Damier Ebene Nolita
Marc Jacobs Big Apple Nomad in chocolate brown suede
Marc Jacobs Grand Metropolitan Atlantic blue with snakeskin trim (Lamb/Goat)
Marc Jacobs Grand Metropolitan Flame Red (Lamb/Goat)
Marc Jacobs Waxed Calf Leather Grand Metropolitan in Luggage brown
Gucci Pelham hobo in brown Guccissima leather

Oh and I sold them because I'm having a baby and they won't get carried at least for the next 3-4 years. With the exception of the Gucci, these are all hand/arm totes. I need shoulder bags that zip closed. I've bought two bags that will work better with a baby/toddler. A Gucci Miss GG hobo in granite leather and a LV Trevi PM with the shoulder strap.

I would love to start but the ones I am willing to part with are kind of abused and probably too old / from my tastes in my younger years (e.g. Juicy), so I doubt I can get much money from them... I can always try...

I have sold quite a few bags and given away more. The last few I sold:

LV Epi Alma, Black - I bought an Hermes Bolide and the shape was really similar, but the Bolide is brown. I miss my Alma a lot and wish I hadn't let it go :shame: but the new owner just adooes it! So that is a good feeling.

LV Haut Popincourt : Monogram was no longer for me, but the new pwner loves it SO much that it makes me really happy! The monogram I won't sell is my Speedy - my first ever designer bag!

Marc Jacobs Venetia: sold to a friend. A present from a boyfriend a looooong time ago. Too much hardware for me, and not so fond memories of the guy :P

Hermès black box calf Kelly 28 - being sold as we "speak". It's a perfect, perfect, perfect bag,, and it's recent so in great condition, but I can't wear gold hardware, so it will go to a new home and I will get a silver HW Kelly.

Chanel "Batman" black on black WOC: Also being sold. It's stunning and was hard to get, but I need more room in my evening bags, so I want a mini flap :love:

I've sold a couple of bags including a Mulberry and a Versace but at the moment I'm considering selling a Chanel which I never thought I would! But I've only worn it twice and it's too big for me and not practical :sad:

I did a huge clearout to fund two of my Chanel bags I bought this year.

Sold half of my Balenciaga collection.... Truffle Gh City, Nuage work, Popure City, Amethyst City, Papyrus Gh City, Castanga Gh work, Coqelicot Gh part time, Ardoise money wallet.. Sold all these as I had a total of 17 bals, too excessive from 1brand.

Also sold a Chloe paddinton, Alma pm mono, Gucci tote, Mulberry alexa, Prada saffiano black lux tote. All these didn't work out for me..

So far sold 12 bags and a wallet.

Now Thinking of selling... Ps11 mini silver patent, Chloe Paraty, Prada Cameo lux tote, Bal Blue lavender Gh velo. Only cos they've all not been used much this year!

I've sold some of my lesser vintage pieces just because I had too many all together. I've been collecting a long time, from a very young age and some of them I've had a long time, I used to decorate my room with them and it's been a bit like selling old friends :sad: Had to be done though ;)

Sounds fabulous!

Well done for your clear-out (except I would have loved a 1970, just couldn't justify it, not even in green, one of fave bag colours) and I could never sell any of my Chanels even though I hardly use them.

As for your MIL :sunnies

I would love to start but the ones I am willing to part with are kind of abused and probably too old / from my tastes in my younger years (e.g. Juicy), so I doubt I can get much money from them... I can always try...

Give it a go, you never know, someone may be looking for just that particular bag