Which Bag did you sell recently? Let's Share!!

@Sartorialista. How do you recommend selling bags? And what do you usually get for them roughly? I'm new to selling but not to buying and Ebay scares me!
Thank you kindly![emoji4][emoji173]
Hi there
I'm in the same boat as you. See post above^^^ I want to get started, but am reluctant to start off with eBay. I've bought and sold 1 or 2 items via Craigslist before, but that was when I lived in a relatively small town. Other posters have suggested Tradesy is good for contemporary designers. Yoogi and Fashiophile for luxury goods. I also just bought an app called Stylebook that will help me start to inventory my clothes/shoes/purses...2017 will be my "year of the purge". Hth and good luck!

Impressive! I need to begin downsizing my collection (contemporary and designer). I've never sold a handbag (just donated or gifted). Can you provide some tips and/where you've sold your items?

Many thanks!
* I just remembered 3 more bags that I sold. The Alma PM in Rose Ballerine Epi Leather, Michael Kors Hamilton Tote, and Tory Burch Ella Nylon Tote... plus I sold a bunch of SLGs, so I would say the total number of designer bags/slgs sold is about 35!!!

Ebay is definitely the best place to sell because you will get the highest percentage of the profit- Ebay takes 9%, paypal takes 3%, so you walk away with 88%. I used Tradesy a few times but they have dramatically increased their fees, now they charge a total of 15% + 3% for paypal so you only receive about 82%. I have heard some horror stories about Ebay but I've honestly never had a bad experience. I always take clear pictures to document any imperfections and include pictures of everything that the bag comes with (dust bag, authenticity card, etc.), and write everything in the description. I do not accept returns because I am always very clear up front. If you cover your bases by providing all of that information than Ebay will side with you if the buyer tries to cheat you out of money. No one has ever tried to cheat me and everyone has been pleasant to transact with. A lot of my friends like Poshmark but Poshmark takes 20%..

After months of no bites, I finally sold five bags. My good friend snatched up three of them right out of my closet so that saved me on selling fees.
Vince Camuto tan pebbled leather,
black edge-paint Coach Bleecker Preston,
vintage Dooney bucket in white,
Dooney Logo Lock in Bordeaux,
B. Makowsky Pewter hobo

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I just attempted to sell a MbMJ Hillier black ghw through Kijiji, but it's disheartening when you meet someone and they lowball you in person. I find that I have to set a lowest acceptable price in my head before meeting people since this is becoming so common!

I'll revive this thread. :smile: I'm on the tail end of my collection overhaul and had a busy selling year so far in 2016 as I cleared out more bags that just didn't work or weren't getting worn. I was still refining and upgrading. I have 6 more bags up for sale and hope they sell soon. After that, I think I'm completely done with selling for at least a couple of years.

Gucci Black Patent Mini Soho
• Dooney & Bourke Orange Tote
• DFV Pink Suede Harper
Coach Gold Sequin Bucket
• DVF Green Suede Harper
Prada Black Calf Satchel
• Kate Spade Small Coal Tote
• Dooney & Bourke Ivory Small Florentine
• YSL Pony Hair Easy Way
• Dolce & Gabanna Silver Pewter
• Dior Soft Tote in Black Patent
• DVF Grey Voyage Tote

And one wallet
• Versace Teal Wallet

Famous last words. :doh: I had hoped I was near the end of selling but I continued to refine my closet. Since I made the comment above in October I've sold:

• Gucci Red Soho Shoulder Bag
• Dior Gold Rendez Vous
• Coach Rose Gold Crosstown
• Badgley Mishka White Shoulder Bag
• Chanel Fuchsia Wallet

I also gave several bags not worth selling to charity.

I'm upgrading DD's starter collection so we're clearing her closet of several bags. These are the first to go:

• Michael Kors Orange Mini Hamilton
• Coach Blue Mini Willis

I've cut to the bone. In my 26 bag collection, I have bags that will eventually need to go but I'm keeping them til I buy replacements. In my bag "purgatory" (no longer in me collection and waiting for their new homes) I have 8 of my bags and at least 2 of DD's to sell.

I'm reeaaaally sick of selling. It's made me very careful about new purchases.

Reactions: Mariapia
OMG! I've sold over 30 bags in the last year!

The main reason is my personal style radically changed. I updated my closet with fewer, higher quality, more fashionable bags v. a ton of haphazardly purchased bags that were often simply cheap or tacky. 😖

These are just a few of the ones I've sold:

• COACH Spotlight Sequin bags in red and blue (Too over the top since I don't live in a 70's disco)
• COACH leather bags - pink, black, burgundy (The evil bag snob in me won't allow me to carry Coach)
• DOONEY & BOURKE black tassel pebbled leather tote (Boring. Zzzzzz....)
• KATE SPADE black London Leather Sawyer tote (Very nice but too small)
• KATE SPADE tan/black Rumor Bow Satchel and black Beaumont Bridge (I'm over 12 so no more bags with bows)
• VALENTINO Pink Lacca Dome Bag (again - no more bows)
• ISABELLE FIORA Tied Up Harlow in pink and turquoise (what was it with me and the &$!#@ bows?!)
• PRADA shoulder bags in cream leather and black nylon (Bought these when I was tiptoeing into designer bags. I should have kept tipping past these tiny dated, "vintage" bags)
• GUESS red patent faux croc satchel (Mr. Tacky McYucky)
• RALPH LAUREN, MICHAEL KORS, etc. - several small crossbody bags (Unlike micro bag wearing starlets, I don't have an entourage. So I need a bag that can actually hold a wallet)
• JESSICA SIMPSON large orange faux croc (Gawd awful tacky!)
• KATHY VAN ZEALAND silver faux leather satchel with studs, metal plates and clear plastic hanging doodads (My mother in law gave it to me. She wears Chanel. So, you can guess how she feels about me from this bag choice.😕)
• FENDI B bags in pink & black/white (Sex in the City wanted its bags back)
• GUCCI green 1970 bag - (Beautiful bag but it felt like I was carrying a big, green monster)
• CHANEL dark grey classic flap (Gorgeous but I just didn't love it enough so I bought a different Chanel)

As you can see I bought bags like I was blind and had multiple personalities. No defined personal style and - very often - a questionable taste level. Just all over the place. 😩😱 I'll blame it on youth and being raised by a mother who only owns one beat up vinyl bag!

I'm happy to say my new bags are a careful reflection of the style I've developed and actully having an active fashion brain cell. LOL!!! I still like a fun bag but, it will fit my style - tailored and feminine with a touch of edge. I tend to like the more tailored offerings from Prada, Gucci, Chanel & YSL.

Can't wait to hear what others are selling and why!

I know, old post but: Monsters, in-laws, bows, disco living, Sex in the City... HILARIOUS! :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkletastic
OMG! I've sold over 30 bags in the last year!

The main reason is my personal style radically changed. I updated my closet with fewer, higher quality, more fashionable bags v. a ton of haphazardly purchased bags that were often simply cheap or tacky. 😖

These are just a few of the ones I've sold:

• COACH Spotlight Sequin bags in red and blue (Too over the top since I don't live in a 70's disco)
• COACH leather bags - pink, black, burgundy (The evil bag snob in me won't allow me to carry Coach)
• DOONEY & BOURKE black tassel pebbled leather tote (Boring. Zzzzzz....)
• KATE SPADE black London Leather Sawyer tote (Very nice but too small)
• KATE SPADE tan/black Rumor Bow Satchel and black Beaumont Bridge (I'm over 12 so no more bags with bows)
• VALENTINO Pink Lacca Dome Bag (again - no more bows)
• ISABELLE FIORA Tied Up Harlow in pink and turquoise (what was it with me and the &$!#@ bows?!)
• PRADA shoulder bags in cream leather and black nylon (Bought these when I was tiptoeing into designer bags. I should have kept tipping past these tiny dated, "vintage" bags)
• GUESS red patent faux croc satchel (Mr. Tacky McYucky)
• RALPH LAUREN, MICHAEL KORS, etc. - several small crossbody bags (Unlike micro bag wearing starlets, I don't have an entourage. So I need a bag that can actually hold a wallet)
• JESSICA SIMPSON large orange faux croc (Gawd awful tacky!)
• KATHY VAN ZEALAND silver faux leather satchel with studs, metal plates and clear plastic hanging doodads (My mother in law gave it to me. She wears Chanel. So, you can guess how she feels about me from this bag choice.😕)
• FENDI B bags in pink & black/white (Sex in the City wanted its bags back)
• GUCCI green 1970 bag - (Beautiful bag but it felt like I was carrying a big, green monster)
• CHANEL dark grey classic flap (Gorgeous but I just didn't love it enough so I bought a different Chanel)

As you can see I bought bags like I was blind and had multiple personalities. No defined personal style and - very often - a questionable taste level. Just all over the place. 😩😱 I'll blame it on youth and being raised by a mother who only owns one beat up vinyl bag!

I'm happy to say my new bags are a careful reflection of the style I've developed and actully having an active fashion brain cell. LOL!!! I still like a fun bag but, it will fit my style - tailored and feminine with a touch of edge. I tend to like the more tailored offerings from Prada, Gucci, Chanel & YSL.

Can't wait to hear what others are selling and why!
Evil bag snob won't let you wear Coach??!!

The most recent bag I have sold is my Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 in Damier Azur. Loved that bag to bits since 2011 but I decided it was time to part ways with it becauss I needed a smaller purse (I bought a Dior Saddle Bag) better suited to my current lifestyle.