Where's the love for GH Hobos?

I just wanted to thank all you ladies for this thread; it's very helpful. I'm considering a SGH Hobo in either Sky Blue or Magenta. May I ask if any of you are shortish? I'm 4'11" and have never gotten to try this style in person. I'm interested to know if it will look too big on me because of the long handle drop.

And another question for you Hobo experts: I generally carry an iPod, digital camera, keys, small cell phone, bag with various makeup and pills, Mini Compagnon wallet and sunglasses. Will that be enough to make the Hobo look overly bulky, or should it fit nicely?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer ladies! :flowers:

I'm 5'3". Love the hobo.
I'm also NOT a size 2, and live in the NE where we wear bulky sweaters to keep warm. The Bal Hobo fits on my shoulder as the others do not.

I think you will look fine!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture049.jpg
    Picture049.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Picture050.jpg
    Picture050.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 225
I just wanted to thank all you ladies for this thread; it's very helpful. I'm considering a SGH Hobo in either Sky Blue or Magenta. May I ask if any of you are shortish? I'm 4'11" and have never gotten to try this style in person. I'm interested to know if it will look too big on me because of the long handle drop.

And another question for you Hobo experts: I generally carry an iPod, digital camera, keys, small cell phone, bag with various makeup and pills, Mini Compagnon wallet and sunglasses. Will that be enough to make the Hobo look overly bulky, or should it fit nicely?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer ladies! :flowers:

Hi Cheshire,

I'm roughly your height (5’-93 lbs) and was also worried that the Hobo would look weird on such a little frame, especially with the 'low centre of gravity' going on with this style, but I took a chance and was really pleasantly surprised when I received it about a month ago; it does not look big on me at all (well, not TOO big anyway..!).

I believe Fayden has already posted photos carrying hers (Aquamarine GGH – I think they’re in the Aqua club). If you can't find them let me know and I'll take some modelling pics of mine.

Actually, hers and your photos modelling the Day convinced me that it is a great style for shorties and the Day is now my absolute favourite. A late thank you for that! :yes:

As for the roominess of the Hobo, I should think that the items you describe would fit easily with room to spare (unless of course your 'bag with various makeup and pills' is a veritable drugstore to go! :supacool:).

^Thanks so much for the response! I actually took things into my own hands and went to Barneys this afternoon on a break. They had the navy suede with white leather Hobo and it was actually quite nice on me. I could fit all my stuff in there without a problem, even though my pills ARE a little out of hand. :rolleyes: I can see how if you really carry a ton this isn't the bag for you, though.

I had seen fayden's fabulous picture but I forgot that she's my height!

^Haha! Good for you!

And yeah, I agree, it's not a huge bag; it holds my essentials and then some, but not bulky articles of clothing on top of that, like the Day for instance. :P

You could smuggle a newborn in the Day! It's pretty incredible - the bag holds a TON. I haven't sold mine yet because there are some days when I need that much crap with me... but not many of them.

By the way, I'm glad my pictures were useful! I'm trying to get better about taking them, because as a short girl I know how helpful it is to see how things look on other short girls... and many of our fellow B-ladies are graced with height. :shame:

Here's some love for the hobo. I mentioned in another thread that while we were at BalNY, my daughter saw a Sahara GH hobo, and she fell in love with it. The only other Bal bag that she has been crazy about is the light pink metallic city - she had never seen the hobo size before - neither had I - at least IRL. A wonderful PF member helped me find the perfect GH hobo for DD - here is a photo of her wearing it yesterday. Isn't she darling? I love this girl so much - she is such a great person....

blackGGHhobo.jpg

She was leaving to go meet her girlfriends, and I insisted that she let me take a photo of her and Ms. Black GGH Hobo. She thinks I am just so funny with TPF Balenciaga group. BTW, a little sharing here, as slinks knows, she is my granddaughter, but I have raised her almost all of her life. She is my son's daughter - he was 17 when she was born. My husband and I only had boys, so what I thought was a terrible occurrence (my son having a baby at 17), has turned out to be one of the absolute joys of my life! :heart:

^^OMG Kay she is absolutely gorgeous and that GGH Black Hobo looks fab on her. :nuts:I am so happy that she loves it.:yahoo: What a sweet and wonderful mom you are. Give her a big hug for me.:heart:

Here's some love for the hobo. I mentioned in another thread that while we were at BalNY, my daughter saw a Sahara GH hobo, and she fell in love with it. The only other Bal bag that she has been crazy about is the light pink metallic city - she had never seen the hobo size before - neither had I - at least IRL. A wonderful PF member helped me find the perfect GH hobo for DD - here is a photo of her wearing it yesterday. Isn't she darling? I love this girl so much - she is such a great person....

blackGGHhobo.jpg

She was leaving to go meet her girlfriends, and I insisted that she let me take a photo of her and Ms. Black GGH Hobo. She thinks I am just so funny with TPF Balenciaga group. BTW, a little sharing here, as slinks knows, she is my granddaughter, but I have raised her almost all of her life. She is my son's daughter - he was 17 when she was born. My husband and I only had boys, so what I thought was a terrible occurrence (my son having a baby at 17), has turned out to be one of the absolute joys of my life! :heart:

Aw lovely, what a wonderful blessing to share with us!! that really touched me. Plus, this pic makes me want to get a black hobo!!!!

Thanks Nanaz & Sunny07! Sunny07 - isn't it funny how life is? But anyway, back to the topic of Balenciagas, I think the hobo is a really underrated bag after seeing this thread and then seeing it IRL. :smile: