Where has all the Tano gone?

GoStanford

O.G.
Jun 28, 2012
I see that Must Have Bags has moved to a flash sale model...I miss the site and hope the flash sales go well.

I've had two Tano bags, including a gorgeous yellow bucket bag a couple of seasons ago from MHB.

I have a question on Athene leather - is this waxed leather? I'm finding a few bags from Tano in Athene leather in online sales and would like to know how to care for it.

ETA: I found a website called Cortina Leathers that seems to be a leather supplier. It describes Athene leather nicely, and it does sound like a type of treated/waxed leather. For those who are interested (I can't be the only Tano fan out there), Jigsaw London carries Tano bags and is having a sale. I ordered a New Nook in Jungle. I will try to remember to report on how it works.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the update. Yeah, I think Athane is rather similar to the Lux glazed leather Tano also uses.

I've been trying to find other distributors for Tano that are online too. Dillard's selection has waned a bit, but their offerings have never been stellar to begin with. I'm curious to see what Jigsaw London has to offer.

Are there still Tano fans around?
Like everyone else (almost...haha) I HAD to have one because of Sara from prison break. I won one JUST NOW on eBay. Paid a little more than I would have liked ($85) but I HAD to have it. I liquidated my bags on Posh to pay for this bag.
It's going to be my main staple bag. Actually it has to be since I sold all my others.
I almost lost out too, I was going to bid $75 and changed it at the last second to $85. If I would have left it at $75, I would have lost because the ending bid was $75.41.
I lost out on one a few weeks ago that went for $30. I was out in the backwoods going to yard sales and my phone lost service. I was devastated. I've never wanted a bag so badly.
Anyway I'm rambling and super excited! I think it's the old style minilisa (analisa?) because it has the white Tano tag.

I miss the MHB site too, and it's hard to find new Tanos and see what's new for a season. I still love their bags and wish I could find them for a decent price other than eBay.

Joan

I just bought a boogie bucket off of ebay. It's gorgeous and in great condition (looks brand new). Tanos are consistently my favorite bags in my collection. Glad to know there are still Tano fans out there. :smile:

I love Tano handbags and have owned a few over the past 5 years or so. I feel so disappointed that the Tano web site hasn't had a new collection since last fall and there is no explanation of any kind as to whether they are done or just taking an extra long break.

They made good leather bags that were tough enough to wear day after day, if that is what you like to wear. I never felt like fainting when my Tano's got a mark of some kind, they were easily cleaned plus I had not spent a fortune on the handbag. I could buy a new one often, if I wanted to and their easy-going style fit me perfectly.

Amazon has about 30 bags presently. I'm sure other web sites do as well but I don't enjoy spending my small amount off free time searching for Tanos.

I just did some searching and only a couple of websites seem to have Tano left.

Irv's Luggage has two designs. Country Outfitter doesn't have any left. Jigsaw London doesn't have any left. I miss Must Have Bags as well.

Please post an update if you find a good source of these bags online.

I wonder if MHB is even around anymore. That notice about the flash sales they were supposedly going to have were announced all the way in May, and there's been nothing but silence.

Dillards has two Tano bags available, which has slimmed down from what they used to carry. Same for Irv's. I have yet to find more online retailers that sells Tanos...Google turns up nothing :sad: eBay is the only bet these days.

Here are my 2 bags. I think I'm going to dye the white one. I had to take a screen shot because I deleted the pics from my phone.
I'm almost certain the white one is an analisa. It's humongous!!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1445413974.896132.jpg