Where has all the Tano gone?

I was really surprised to see that they still had their site up, considering all my old faves from 2010-2014 when my collection was just getting started have gone away or closed.

Does anyone know if they are sticking around? Has anyone purchased one lately? Their bucket bags are so reasonable, were they always this way?

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.07.26 PM.png One of their current offerings :smile:

I'm here because I visited their site today and rrreally love a couple they have and my main concern is that they're going out of business so I've messaged them about it and hopefully they can elaborate a little on what they feel to be the future of their brand. I know they've been around for quite a while ( I haven't done my full research so I'm not sure quite how long) but maybe they're just struggling to sell what they have hence why they don't have new and jazzy collections/ seasons of stuff coming out. I think I want to get a couple of the hobos during Christmastime because I just love the colors and the prices are beyond fair. I just have been wondering why the hobos are only $99 considering how everything has gone up, and they're having some generous sales too.

Hopefully they're not going out, maybe it's just much harder for them to get the business they used to so they've maybe short sold themselves with their prices.

I'm sad the sub got deleted, but I haven't heard or seen anyone much getting tano bags brand new in ages, so I guess I can see why.

I guess they just don't have the momentum they used to or maybe just a select few of us are after what they offer?

I'm here because I visited their site today and rrreally love a couple they have and my main concern is that they're going out of business so I've messaged them about it and hopefully they can elaborate a little on what they feel to be the future of their brand. I know they've been around for quite a while ( I haven't done my full research so I'm not sure quite how long) but maybe they're just struggling to sell what they have hence why they don't have new and jazzy collections/ seasons of stuff coming out. I think I want to get a couple of the hobos during Christmastime because I just love the colors and the prices are beyond fair. I just have been wondering why the hobos are only $99 considering how everything has gone up, and they're having some generous sales too.

Hopefully they're not going out, maybe it's just much harder for them to get the business they used to so they've maybe short sold themselves with their prices.

I'm sad the sub got deleted, but I haven't heard or seen anyone much getting tano bags brand new in ages, so I guess I can see why.

I guess they just don't have the momentum they used to or maybe just a select few of us are after what they offer?
I am curious as well. I loved their style and leather back in the day! Now I am revisiting their site and may pick up something new

Came back here on a whim! I've always had Tano on the back on my mind when it comes to getting a new bag, but the styles don't reach out to me these days. Now I'm more into the Sak and Latico, but boy I'd love for a resurgence in popularity and a return to more of their old styles! Their hobos couldn't be beat, and their crossbody bags were always so heavy with high quality leather, or vibrant with their Lux style leather. I too hope that they do not disappear, and I want to support their business, and yet...

Reactions: beeb
Does anyone know if they are sticking around? Has anyone purchased one lately? Their bucket bags are so reasonable, were they always this way?
Thanks!!
I don't know if they are sticking around and I was really late to the Tano game, but really loved the style. So I bought the bag pictured in December 2018, I wasn't totally in love with it so I returned it. The leather felt like washed lamb, but slightly "grungy." It did remind me of some of the Liebeskind leather. But ordering and returning were pretty easy, just in case anyone was curious.

Attachments

• Tano Bag.jpg
    Tano Bag.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: ChickosMom
Some of their leathers remind me of Liebeskind as well! It's too bad they've stopped selling US-side. I can also second returning an item: last I bought a bag was also in 2018 and I found the crossbody strap far too short, and the bag as a whole didn't wow me. I'm still looking for the one to win me over again!

Reviving a very old thread, but in case anyone else comes across this thread like I did, I have been hunting for Tano petite larceny crossbody bags in any color I can find--especially green and blue! If anyone has any leads, I would be ecstatic :heart:

Reviving a very old thread, but in case anyone else comes across this thread like I did, I have been hunting for Tano petite larceny crossbody bags in any color I can find--especially green and blue! If anyone has any leads, I would be ecstatic :heart:
I see one on Poshmark, but it's beige, not green or blue...the Tano Handbags site is still alive it seems...but sparse offerings...

Reactions: hotwheels
I see one on Poshmark, but it's beige, not green or blue...the Tano Handbags site is still alive it seems...but sparse offerings...
Thank you!! I have bought two from poshmark -- most recently a tan color!! I need a way to get alerts when there are new Tanos posted on there..

Yes, the Tano site is so sparse these days. I was considering a bucket bag when I posted this earlier because they have a sale right now, but I probably won't go for it -- I miss the 2000s styles!

What fun to come across this thread. I even recognized a few names from the heyday of Tano here on TPF.

I had over 20 Tanos years ago, and have sold more than half of them over time but I still have a few faves (Boogies, Biker Babe, etc.)

I picked up a new to me one on eBay a couple years ago and haven't been able to find any info about it.

Does anyone know what the bag name and leather of this might be? The colour is more of a navy in better light; a bit like the Celeste colour in Enzo.20230914_004346.jpg