Where does b-bag $money$ come from ?

as i kind of implied in your thread about the fake bbag, its all about saving for the good stuff. when i was younger and had to work really hard for my money, i was a little more carefree with my purchases. it wasn't until my 30's that i realized its about quality, not quantity. although we live quite comfortably, i have one bbag, and for now, that will have to do. when i decide i would like another one, there will be some trade-offs. rather than coming home with something everytime i go shopping, i'd ask myself " do i really love this/these whatever eventhough they only cost $ 35.00. overtime, purchases like these ( as well as nights out, dinners with friends etc.) add up and before you know it, you've spent $ 500 that you could have put towards your new bbag. not sure if this really answers your question but hope it helps - good luck!:hrmm:

i live at home - still a student and really lucky to have parents who support me, so car, bills and daily expenses are taken care of. plus i have a fiance who spoils me from time to time :shame: but i try not to take advantage of that too much - i do casual waitressing at a 5 star hotel and supplement that by selling stuff passed to me by an older cousin who works in the fashion industry. im pretty lucky i must say! although in a few years time when i start work, my priorities will have to change.

I agree with amberley--it's about making choices.

I too would rather have one nice handbag than a bunch of other stuff, so I decide what I want, and do without other things I could be spending money on. My husband and I don't drink, smoke or go out much, so instead we spend on special things and on our wonderful puppy children!

It's all about pacing yourself. :smile: I just bought my first B-bag at the ripe old age of 32. (well, ripe compared to you young 'uns who've had the luxury of having a B-bag since a much younger age!) And now I'm hooked. I'm jonesing for an ink city or twiggy and floated the idea to my husband, who promptly shot me down. He made a good point that I agree with....it's not that he doesn't want me to buy another B-bag (we can actually afford it, although it'd be a bit of a squeeze), but rather that we should space out our indulgent purchases over time instead of all at once. It just makes more sense to spend money *after* we've had enough time to build up a cushy surplus.

(plus, I'm dying to see the fall '06 colors and would be okay with waiting til then!)

Thanks everyone, this helps sooo much. I mean I just need to get the priorities straight. I am in the process of starting a business (with 2 others) and I should really look at the end result if success comes our way... then I'll be able to buy a Bbag in EVERY color haha!

Although.. I wish I would have read the recent posts last night (I just bought another LV bag)... but after this.. yes, I will save and perhaps go without certain things I need just to buy what I really want a BBAG!

I can't thank you all enough.. I was scared for a while there thinking everyone in the world was rich.. and I wasn't :sad:
Great insight.

this was an interesting post, i was wondering how everyone afforded their bags! I'm a student, so I'll wait til I get a job and stuff afterwards, so then i will be able to afford a bbag eventually :smile:

slowlyfading said:
this was an interesting post, i was wondering how everyone afforded their bags! I'm a student, so I'll wait til I get a job and stuff afterwards, so then i will be able to afford a bbag eventually :smile:

I know... I was looking at some of these gigantic collections that people have accumulated and I was a) Extremely jealous b) wondering how the heck they bought all of them.

But I'm glad people are posting, good to know good ol' fashion saving plays a part... that's what I'm doing.

Probably doesn't help that I just bought another Louis.