Where are you Purse Forum Gals?

I live in Central London and see lots of beautiful bags around. The biggest concentration for me is funnily enough, at Waterloo station (one of the main line commuter stations). I commute out from London every morning and while queuing for coffee or the paper, I often spot Balenciagas, Mulberrys (by far the most popular here), LVs, BVs, a couple of Birkins, lots of Longchamp (I suspect because of the Eurostar), Tanner Krolles and Chloes.

I live in the Village of Romeo, Michigan. Romeo is a quaint Victorian era town surrounded by fruit orchards, and is in many ways still fairly rural. My bags collection consists of Marc Jacobs, LV and Gryson. What I find interesting is that although it seems most of the local ladies have never even heard of Marc Jacobs:huh: much less Gryson, they recognize quality when they see it! I have been amazed at the number of admirers my bags attract. I am always delighted when a compliment comes my way, more than happy to explain who Marc Jacobs and Joy Gryson are, and to share the joy of appreciating something beautiful!!

I live in the US, and I'm not seeing them either. I see some Louis Vuitton bags, as well as some fake LVs and Chanel that the teens are carrying. Thats about all I see.

I'm an office worker in midtown Manhattan and I don't see that many bags, though there are many Chloe Ediths. When everyone was picking up their guccis, I saw lots of gucci shopping bags but since then I haven't seen the bags! The most variety I've seen in a single day was in line at the Botkier sample sale!

I started to pay extra attention to ladies' handbags since reading this thread yesterday, and I have to say my original thought still stands. I just don't see the designer bags around here. The one style of bag that about 80% of the women carry are the quilted fabric print kind. I know this sounds like a lot, but I think I'm pretty accurate!

In my lil corner of VA I have to drive 25 minutes to get to the closest mall which is a pretty low-rent one. I see D&B and occassionally Coach there. When I see LV or Chanel I assume it is fake, which is probably wrong of me. On the other hand there is a very upscale mall about an hour away where I see a lot of LV and Chanel which I always assume are real! Mainly because they sell LV and Chanel as well as other "high-end" bags at this mall. The Saks there has a small but eclectic collection for sale--Prada, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Burberry, etc., but I don't see them out on the streets so much.

i am from queens, NY and while i was away for college in upstate NY, i see basically no high end bags. i feel so alone with my appreciation for bags and people usually have no idea how much my bags cost. but when im back in Queens it's a different story. my hometown is infested with fake LVs, fake Burberry, and fake Coach. but when i go into the city, sometimes i get to see beautiful bags. i saw this girl with a chocolate paddington at bloomingdale's the other day and stared for a very long time until she noticed that i was staring at her purse and smiled. i think i see the nicest bags when im shopping on Fifth Ave or Soho, i get inspired by a lot of girls carrying terrific bags in Soho.

I don;t see a ton of TDF bags here. I'm in central NJ. I see a lot of coach...maybe half are real...sometimes i can't tell. I agree about buying fake coach...it is not that expensive. To some it is...i mean for me they make a slight dent but wait a few weeks or months if yuo have to and save up. My opinion.
I certainly almost never see anything outrageously decadent here. I don;t get to many fancier places either but i certainly am always bag watching. Maybe they leave their nicer bags at home to go grocery shopping? I never though ttwice to bring my coaches anywhere incl. the town pool but i don;t bring my LV to the food store,,,what if i got leaking meat juices on it lol

I live on the Central Coast (California) and see a lot of Coach, LV, Dooneys, Fendi bag(most are replicas). I carry my high end bags when I' m in the city (SF) or south bay (San Jose).

I work and play in the City of London (financial district) and it's definitely Mulberry central. It seems almost de rigueur for ladies in the area to be carrying a Bayswater. Also lots of Alexas, Del Rays etc. Quite a bit of Chanel (mostly flaps) and LV (mono, damier, epi, azur, vernis in descending order of regularity). I see a few Birkins around but am never quite sure whether they're real. Less often I would see Balenciaga (mostly the City), Givenchy (Pandora, Lucrezia, the occasional Antigona), Goyard, Alexander McQueen. I've often thought it was odd that one designer that I never see on the street is Proenza Schouler. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. :biggrin:

In the contemporary arena, I see a lot of MK (especially the Selma, in all colours of the rainbow), MBMJ (lots of Natashas, Ukitas, little pouches on chains), Coach and of course the ubiquitous Longchamp le Pliage/Planetes.

I live in LA. I see different bags in different areas...LA is so huge...so if you are on the west side, or Beverly Hills especially, the world is filled with YSL, Celine, Prada, Balenciaga, Givenchy and all the other designer labels. When you venture out, you see lots of Coach, Dooney and more of the mid tier bags. For sure, all over LA, it is a handbag haven...Women are into their bags!