Where are you Purse Forum Gals?

As you know ladies, I live in the jungle. So... I don't see many designer bags here. I do see Coach and LV fakes galore. Upscale ladies buy TOUS, which is from Spain and hasn't hit big yet in the U.S.

But, that doesn't stop me from carrying my LV, Celine, Tod's, Gucci, Hogan, Mulberry, and soon to be Gryson and Belen Echandia. Women do not look at my bags, because I live in a style void and they just have no idea a) that my bags are fabulous and b) what they cost. But I great enjoy my bags every single day. They boost my casual clothes lifestyle enormously and set me apart from the madding crowd. And when I travel to New York or Houston, or wherever, I'm totally in step and stylish.

In Missouri the Show-Me-FAKE-State, most bags I see are fake coach bags. I have seen the occasional MJ, IF, LV and Gucci but mostly it's fake coach bags!

tonij! You are hilarious! :lol:

I work in downtown San Francisco, and I see a lot of LV batignolles lately. I rotate my purses often, between my leather Longchamp, messenger Kate Spade or Prada backpack - depending on my mood and outfit. Just yesterday, while waiting for carpool, the lady in front of me was carrying an Anna Corinna mini city tote in blue. It's so pretty! And I patted myself in the back for recognizing it (I learned about this line here in tPF). :P

I live in the metro-Atlanta/North Fulton area-and I see LOTS of expensive bags! Some of them on teenage girls who have very wealthy parents! (And no, they are not fakes!) Which probably speaks to why they drive nicer cars than I do at 16...but that's a whole 'nother topic! :yes:
Since I've joined this forum I have gained so much knowledge about handbags and quality. Three years ago I bought a knock-off in Boston-an LV. Now I'd NEVER dream of using it-so I gave it away.
Plus I am aware of the handbags women carry now-in a way that I never was before!:rolleyes: But this leads to an open wallet...because I always want the next one! LOL!

Lots of great bags here in NYC. I'm not too sure if buying nice bags have all that much to do with financial status. In New York, there are girls who live on ramen noodles and have roommates, but they wear designer clothes and bags.

I used to see tons of coach and dooney back when I was living at home in New Jersey. some LV as well. when I was down in DC for college, I saw mostly coach and lv, and the occasional Chanel. Out here in Iowa, I see nothing! Maybe a Coach at times...

I live in Italy and I must say that here we are nuts for designer handbags....I would say that in Milan and sorroundings owning a Gucci or LV bag is the norm...people that want to differentiate themself buy Balenciaga, YSL, Marni

People have at least Furla or Coccinelle as everyday bags

Chanel & Dior are less common

i am from the DC suburbs...as a college student i see mostly coach and dooney and bourke and juciy on people my age...almost everyone has one so they don't really seem too special to me. a lot of people have fake coaches and dooneys too. most of the older people in my area don't have anything that i am jealous of...there is an occasional LV but almost everything is fake!! if i drive about 30 minutes north there is a mall and the people who shop there seem to have the better bags...i see a lot of fendi. NYC is the best place to bag watch for me!

I live in a suburb right in between Baltimore, MD and Wash., DC. It's interesting this topic came up, b/c I have often wondered the same thing: where are all the ladies with the nice handbags? I see women with nice LVs, but that's about it. Maybe if I spent more time in the city or if I went out to some of the fancy restaurants and night spots, I'd see some pretty bags. But just out and about around town, they're few and far between.

I was shopping in Chevy Chase on Saturday (home to Tiffany's Saks, NM, Cartier, VanCleef and Arpel, LV, Dior, etc.) and I honestly didn't see anyone carrying anything beautiful (except me and my Mark Jacobs)!

I'm in Rhode Island, not many gorgeous bags here at all and so many fakes it has really made me not want to carry my LVs as much. I can honestly say I have never seen a bag on anyone here that was stare-worthy. I have to go into NYC to buy my bags, which is okay with me.

I live a couple of hours away from Los Angeles, the only designer bags that women carry are mostly coach, dooney, some LVs, and once in a full moon... a chanel. I'd say my bags are the ones to see!!!!:blush: