What's your unpopular jewelry opinion?

That Tiffany > Cartier. I adore Tiffany’s variety, so many diff pieces within a line if you look closely. And so many lines too! When I was in the market for a milestone piece, I walked into Cartier and walked right out - basically 5 or 6 diff lines with just a few variations within them. (I do own a Love bangle and Trinity hoops which I love though.) Tiffany pieces scream art and design and creativity and craftsmanship more than Cartier to me.

I don’t understand women who don’t wear any jewelry. Everyone looks 100% better and more interesting when wearing jewelry! I doesn’t have to be a lot of jewelry, but something on brings interest and personality.
Of course I’m not saying one cannot be interesting of full of personality if you don’t wear jewelry, bu aside from any allergies or on certain occasions why wouldn’t one wear something that makes you look a lot better? It doesn’t have to be anything expensive.
Perhaps my opinion is based on really liking to see other people’s jewelry and being nosey and women who don’t wear jewelry don’t satisfy my need of seeing pretty things :P
I won’ judge you or anything if you don’t wear jewelry, it’s just a bit disappointing from an entertainment point of view. I have an aunt that loooves jewelry and is always wearing something interesting, and it’s always nice to check her jewelry out (and seeing her of course).

I don’t understand women who don’t wear any jewelry. Everyone looks 100% better and more interesting when wearing jewelry! I doesn’t have to be a lot of jewelry, but something on brings interest and personality.
Of course I’m not saying one cannot be interesting of full of personality if you don’t wear jewelry, bu aside from any allergies or on certain occasions why wouldn’t one wear something that makes you look a lot better? It doesn’t have to be anything expensive.
Perhaps my opinion is based on really liking to see other people’s jewelry and being nosey and women who don’t wear jewelry don’t satisfy my need of seeing pretty things :P
I won’ judge you or anything if you don’t wear jewelry, it’s just a bit disappointing from an entertainment point of view. I have an aunt that loooves jewelry and is always wearing something interesting, and it’s always nice to check her jewelry out (and seeing her of course).
Some people have tactile sensitivities that make it difficult to wear jewelry and even many types of clothing. I have gotten over this for the most part for jewelry, but it still bothers me. Another equivalent for me would be wearing heels. With many outfits, heels simply look better, but I do not find them comfortable, and at this stage of my life I just can’t be bothered. I am guessing people who don’t wear jewelry feel the same way. My husband cannot stand jewelry and can only bear to wear a nice watch or even his wedding ring for a couple of hours at a time.

That Tiffany > Cartier. I adore Tiffany’s variety, so many diff pieces within a line if you look closely. And so many lines too! When I was in the market for a milestone piece, I walked into Cartier and walked right out - basically 5 or 6 diff lines with just a few variations within them. (I do own a Love bangle and Trinity hoops which I love though.) Tiffany pieces scream art and design and creativity and craftsmanship more than Cartier to me.

This reminds me. I don’t understand how basically everybody’s cross-brand bracelet stack only features Cartier and VCA. Those are such opposite aesthetics to pair. I find Tiffany to be a much more natural intermediary if we’re talking about cohesiveness.

My sister has Cartier and Tiffany. I have Van Cleef and Tiffany. It’s a very intuitive match, considering that Tiffany has so many different lines and collections — ranging from naturalistic to vintage to unisex to postmodern. There really is something to accommodate everyone’s tastes.

It’s also funny how the people today who refuse to consider or even explore Tiffany’s offerings were probably the same people who caused my local Cartier store to shut down in the early 2000s.

WG/plat is the perfect neutral and can be mixed with either RG or YG, but RG and YG should never be mixed together - they clash!

Having a couple of recognisable big brand jewellery pieces is fine and can elevate a look, but too many of them gets really boring to look at.

Large stacks of bracelets are unwieldy, look messy, and can damage the individual pieces and should be avoided.

Watch should be worn alone, not paired with a bracelet on the same wrist!

I wear Pandora. I know it has fallen out of favor, but I love my charm bracelets as well as some of their non charm bracelets. I like their celestial themes like stars and moons, not a fan of the hearts, travel, family or the Muranos.
I also like their lab created diamond line. I recently picked up a silver bangle with a lab diamond and I am planning on getting another bangle with a lab diamond in gold.
I stack it with my other designer pieces and it looks pretty good.

Beaded semi-precious gemstone necklaces (a la Irene Neuwirth) are insanely overpriced.
This is true. The knotted gradient ones take a lot of time to create (I tried making a couple) so i can understand why most aren’t like, $75. The one I purchased from EncirkledJewelry was wayyyy less expensive than Irene’s… I guess she’s capitalizing (majorly) off the trend, lol.

This is exactly how I feel! A fun story about the Love bracelet.. Several years ago when I first discovered the Love bracelet, I wanted to understand more about why it was designed to be unremovable except with the help of a a screwdriver and another person. I found an article that said that the Love bracelet was inspired by chastity belts!!!! GASP!! So you basically have to shackle a person to celebrate your love for them??!!! That may have cured me of any interest in the love bracelet!!! Lol!!
When I was little, my friend's mother, who was a wonderful woman and very, very religious, wore a bracelet that wasn't removeable, it was soldered on apparently (it was a religious bracelet with a charm) and that fascinated me, and creeped me out too. Whenever I was around her I would just stare at that bracelet thinking "she can't ever take it off!" :shocked:

The things kids focus on, I guess.

Tiffany is not worth the money. I feel that Tiffany is widely liked because of its history rather than quality, I learned this from the price of the t-wire compared to the quality. It was absolutely awful!
I returned a wire bracelet I bought from Tiffany. It’s hollow and very light/flimsy. The material is a bit too malleable for me. I stay away from wire bracelets now.

I've realised recently that I'm starting to prefer stainless steel watches in my collection, especially as they balance out my 2 classic-size Loves (YG and RG) worn on the opposite wrist. I know the trend these days is all about all-gold watches, but I just think that stainless steel looks clean, modern and fresh.

Two-tone and gold watches can look a bit OTT with my mini wrist stack, but my two-tone Tank Francaise has very minimal yellow gold that I would consider it an exception to the rule. (photo for reference)

1701581556556.png

However, my two-tone Lady Datejust can look a bit much at times, which is why I save it for special occasions. (photo for reference)

1701581791512.png

Curious to know how everyone feels about stainless steel vs two-tone vs gold watches these days.

Tiffany is not worth the money. I feel that Tiffany is widely liked because of its history rather than quality, I learned this from the price of the t-wire compared to the quality. It was absolutely awful!
Agree. When I decided to upgrade my diamond ring for my 15th anniversary, I went to Harry Winston to find what ring I wanted. When I figured out what I wanted, I started searching the NYC diamond district myself. I knew exactly what I wanted and it was hard to find so after about 6 months, I jumped on my stone. I got the exact same ring with a much better quality diamond for 1/3 the price HW wanted. Same goes for Tiffany. Often their stones are lower colors. They look great in the Tiffany lighting but you can get soooo much more for your money not buying a branded item. Now if it was a piece unique to Tiffany, I could understand it.