What's your unpopular jewelry opinion?

Agree. When I decided to upgrade my diamond ring for my 15th anniversary, I went to Harry Winston to find what ring I wanted. When I figured out what I wanted, I started searching the NYC diamond district myself. I knew exactly what I wanted and it was hard to find so after about 6 months, I jumped on my stone. I got the exact same ring with a much better quality diamond for 1/3 the price HW wanted. Same goes for Tiffany. Often their stones are lower colors. They look great in the Tiffany lighting but you can get soooo much more for your money not buying a branded item. Now if it was a piece unique to Tiffany, I could understand it.
Pics please!!!

I don’t understand women who don’t wear any jewelry. Everyone looks 100% better and more interesting when wearing jewelry! I doesn’t have to be a lot of jewelry, but something on brings interest and personality.
Of course I’m not saying one cannot be interesting of full of personality if you don’t wear jewelry, bu aside from any allergies or on certain occasions why wouldn’t one wear something that makes you look a lot better? It doesn’t have to be anything expensive.
Perhaps my opinion is based on really liking to see other people’s jewelry and being nosey and women who don’t wear jewelry don’t satisfy my need of seeing pretty things :P
I won’ judge you or anything if you don’t wear jewelry, it’s just a bit disappointing from an entertainment point of view. I have an aunt that loooves jewelry and is always wearing something interesting, and it’s always nice to check her jewelry out (and seeing her of course).
I am the same! I am always eyeballing other people’s jewelry. I know I am jewelry obsessed and I am usually decked out while wearing leggings and sneakers, but I feel it’s a way of expressing oneself

Arm stacks are the best thing in the world.
Bracelets are the royalty of jewelry.
I would wear bracelets up my armpits, both arms, if I could.
Unfortunately, the bizarre "gold" colour of the Apple Milanese band makes it hard to match metals.
Mined diamonds are the scam of the century. Should I go for an anniversary band, I'll go full lab or even moissanite.
My wet dream is to spend a day in a gold souk with unlimited budget and clean house!

I’m all for buying yourself stuff but I wish they’d let up with this obvious consumerism is feminism lite crap.

I was reading about a brand only the other day and it actually said ‘in 2013, women started buying themselves jewels rather than waiting for men.’ This alone was so ludicrous I instantly got turned off their products. Please stop trying to sell me trinkets under the guise there’s something political about it especially with such a blatant ignorance of social history - it’s so annoying.

Sorry, this is old. But I am currently reading this thread and I am pretty sure that I read this in an interview with somebody from Pomellato. I can remember the quote, because I found that ridiculous too.

The tan lines you get from necklaces aren't worth it, so now I wear no necklaces regularly (yes I wear sunscreen every day)
I actually prefer quirky old mine cut diamonds to brilliant cut new stones. I have a over 3 ct one with a little chip (integrity is fine) and didn't want the chip polished out when reset. I tried on my dream emerald cut diamond engagement ring and hated it on me
This may be a bold claim, but the JUC/LOVE/VCA stack is only over done because of social media
I had my first love gifted to me 15ish years ago and wore it alone. I thought about getting a JUC/VCA, but didn't because I was sick of seeing them on social media. In that time, many custom/unique/high jewelry pieces have come into my life. I spent a few years away from fashion social media and don't see the "stack" in real life often (yes I see quite a few fakes). This year I realized I actually love the combo on me and bought both a VCA carnelian/rose gold guilloche and a reg JUC with diamonds - so now I am THE MOST basic and laugh about it. :lol:
Maybe an even bolder claim, I don't care if my jewelry looks all beat up and if my VCA becomes horrible looking I'll just replace the stones.

The tan lines you get from necklaces aren't worth it, so now I wear no necklaces regularly (yes I wear sunscreen every day)
I actually prefer quirky old mine cut diamonds to brilliant cut new stones. I have a over 3 ct one with a little chip (integrity is fine) and didn't want the chip polished out when reset. I tried on my dream emerald cut diamond engagement ring and hated it on me
This may be a bold claim, but the JUC/LOVE/VCA stack is only over done because of social media
I had my first love gifted to me 15ish years ago and wore it alone. I thought about getting a JUC/VCA, but didn't because I was sick of seeing them on social media. In that time, many custom/unique/high jewelry pieces have come into my life. I spent a few years away from fashion social media and don't see the "stack" in real life often (yes I see quite a few fakes). This year I realized I actually love the combo on me and bought both a VCA carnelian/rose gold guilloche and a reg JUC with diamonds - so now I am THE MOST basic and laugh about it. :lol:
Maybe an even bolder claim, I don't care if my jewelry looks all beat up and if my VCA becomes horrible looking I'll just replace the stones.
How big are your necklaces that you are getting tan lines?!!! :smile:

I second the older-cut diamonds and jewelry often being more interesting.

Wow. I was also influenced to get those VCA bracelets too and end up getting three. Maximalist all the ways. Like you I wear them 24/7.
Beach, shower you name it.
I figured by the time, they are beat up, something else would be my thing. The most beat up right now is the green one. Those bracelets have lived!
As far as the neck situation? Tan lines are part of the charm.:blah:

How big are your necklaces that you are getting tan lines?!!! :smile:

I second the older-cut diamonds and jewelry often being more interesting.
I live in the North East and this summer I wore a medium sized paperclip necklace and a herringbone choker for a week on vacation in California (not tanning just out and about), after I had two clear lighter lines on my neck for over a month. I was so embarrassed haha.

Wow. I was also influenced to get those VCA bracelets too and end up getting three. Maximalist all the ways. Like you I wear them 24/7.
Beach, shower you name it.
I figured by the time, they are beat up, something else would be my thing. The most beat up right now is the green one. Those bracelets have lived!
As far as the neck situation? Tan lines are part of the charm.:blah:
You're right I should have embraced the tan lines. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: limom