What's the first handbag you ever had?

Contemporary: a lime green patent Coach wristlet.... I was probably 13-14 when I bought it. I felt so faaaahncy
Designer: Louis Vuitton Alma. My boyfriend-now-husband bought it for me when we were 24

I do not remember my very first purse, but I remember my first designer bag was a small black Coach leather bag. My mom bought for my first real job out of college. I actually still own that bag and most of the Coach bags I purchased after that one.

My first premier bag was a small Fendi all leather bag.

Ooh, honestly I'm not too sure.
My mom buys a lot of purses for me because of her shopping addiction, but I do remember the first *real* purse that she bought me (of importance, that I remember) was a Botkier bag. My favourite out of all the bags she bought me (one of my first, as well) was an older Marc by Marc Jacobs hobo bag that I loved the hell out of. It aged so well too.
The first bag that I remember buying myself was a Linea Pelle Dylan Zip Tote... I just bought my first "premier" bag recently, and it's a pre-loved Proenza Schouler PS1 bag.

Hi, need advice from you girls~~~
I just received this pretty BB in vernis leather as online order. And you can see the patent leather is not even between two sides! Shall I return this and ask for exchange or is it just a normal problem with vernis leather?
1.pic.jpg 2.pic.jpg

Hi, need advice from you girls~~~
I just received this pretty BB in vernis leather as online order. And you can see the patent leather is not even between two sides! Shall I return this and ask for exchange or is it just a normal problem with vernis leather?
View attachment 3425267 View attachment 3425268
Try posting this in the LV subforum, hopefully someone there can help you!

My first bag was a black leather hobo style with fringes, very 1970s. Bought new with my allowance. I was 10. (This was in the 70s!) My first "nice" bag was a Furla hobo Elisabeth bag. I gave it to a friend and wish I could have it back. It won't happen!

Reactions: Hrach1
I had lots of random Target bags when I was a kid, I was always "into" bags but didn't spend money on them, or know about designers. I remember being 16 and spending my first paycheck from waitressing at Macy's, where I got a Baby Phat bag as well as a Kathy Van Zeeland bag. They were probably $80 each but it got me started picking out nicer bags from TJ Maxx, etc. My designer handbag obsession didn't begin until probably 2010, when my aunt very generously gifted me a LV Noe in Epi leather, that she rarely used. I still have it to this day, and won't ever sell it, it's sentimental to me. Of course, now I'm spoiled and obsessed, and can't go back to Target bags :P

When I was 10, my first designer handbag was a Coach black leather pochette :smile: And to this day I still have it, a classic piece with such durable leather that to this day, is a stunner.

Reactions: Shawna O
It was a small plastic bag.....
I was two years old!:smile:

Ha, mine too :smile: Transparent, shaped like a watermelon slice :P and another one made of textile shaped like a hamburger :biggrin: (I don't know what was with that food theme, lol)..

My first designer bag was a red satin Moschino evening bag I think (and a black Guess bag a little before that but I'm not sure if that counts) :smile:

My first handbag was Coach. I was a teenager, it was the 80s, and their pieces were divine back then.
I had some nice bags over the years, including some from Heltmut Lang sample sales, but didn't really invest in bags until maybe 2007?
I popped into Bergdorf Goodman and "splurged" on a YSL tribute in a deep eggplant patent. I think it was $865. Hahaha.
I mean, yes, it's a lot of money but nothing compared to premier bags these days.