What Would You Do If..........

Get what you love!! Besides you can all play "Charlie's Birkins!" (a play on Charlie's Angels...). JUST Kidding!! :P

Seriously, I wouldn't give up the bag/color of my choice....not if it's what my heart is set on.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide.

EVERYONE.... Thank you so much for your words of encouragment and advice. I was talking to a friend about this last night and she also thinks that I shouldn't sacrifice what I love because others may have the same thing. I thought about it more and I realized that the reason that I was upset was because of one particular girl who has told us she wants the bag also. It bugs me because she has EVERYTHING and I know she wants this bag because it's "the" bag to have. I genuinely love Hermes and appreciate it for what it is. She just wants the bag so she can show it off. YUCK. Anyway I think that's what bothered me about the whole thing.

I say, go for your dream Birkin- get gold if that's what you really want. It's such a neutral color, IMO. Would you think it was strange if all of your friends carried black purses? Probably not. You will carry this Birkin many times when you are not with your friends, and you should think of those times too. When you're with them, tie a scarf on your bag to distinguish it if you really feel weird about it. Of course, I've never been one to think about what other people are wearing when I'm getting dressed, I just wear what I want. Good luck on your Birkin hunt- can't wait to see what you get!

EVERYONE.... Thank you so much for your words of encouragment and advice. I was talking to a friend about this last night and she also thinks that I shouldn't sacrifice what I love because others may have the same thing. I thought about it more and I realized that the reason that I was upset was because of one particular girl who has told us she wants the bag also. It bugs me because she has EVERYTHING and I know she wants this bag because it's "the" bag to have. I genuinely love Hermes and appreciate it for what it is. She just wants the bag so she can show it off. YUCK. Anyway I think that's what bothered me about the whole thing.

I totally, totally know how you feel.
Get what you want, don't let others affect that. These bags are too costly to "settle" for something other than exactly what you want.
That said, if the others end up with the same bag, I would simply avoid carrying it when you plan to get together with them. Hopefully you still will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the bag, even if you have to handle things that way.

Pepper : That is exactly how I feel!! I was just frustrated at one person in particular and I let it effect my judgement..... No one should influence such a major purchase. Anyway, I will let you know what happens. Thanks to everyone for all your advice :smile:

....well then all the more reason not to worry about her...she will be off chasing the next IT bag in no time...she will also likely not have the patience to persist in her quest for Hermes anyway!

ITA with the others, get what YOU love, and the twilly, pochette, cadenas, and fluffy balls that I forgot the name of will make it YOUR baby!!!

good luck to you...!~:heart:

....well then all the more reason not to worry about her...she will be off chasing the next IT bag in no time...she will also likely not have the patience to persist in her quest for Hermes anyway!

ITA with the others, get what YOU love, and the twilly, pochette, cadenas, and fluffy balls that I forgot the name of will make it YOUR baby!!!

good luck to you...!~:heart:

Cobalt : That's what I thought..... I figured she'll maybe get sick of waiting and just move on..... Let's keep our fingers crossed!! Thanks for your advice;).

Dear Ms. Hbr:

If only 1 bag, open-up your options and don't narrow it into just 1 color!!!

Wait til you see it in person than decide!!!

I do agree gold is harder to find in LA and although it's neautral color, there still are certain shade of clothing that I can NOT wear with this color; like pink/fuchia....

So your wardrobe should be a considering factor to the color of bag you buy!!!

Hope this info helps....

Morganng : Thanks!! I actually wear mostly neutrals/brown/black/white, so I thought Gold would be the best color. But, I'm definitely open to other options. I'll see what I can find in LA.... things are so limited here :sad:

buy what you always wanted. like others said they may get either a different combination of leather and harware or a different color all together.
i am sure if they got offered a different color they could reconsider. the bags look great an many colors and it is hard to turn one down once you have your hands on it.

thanks everyone, i think i''ll hold on to my "gold" dream and see what happens. i'll keep you posted (sorry about the typos, I have two three year old boys sitting on my lap right now!!!)

Cobalt : That's what I thought..... I figured she'll maybe get sick of waiting and just move on..... Let's keep our fingers crossed!! Thanks for your advice;).

Did someone say "fingers crossed"???

YAY!!! Another chance to use my favorite photo....

attachment.php

Attachments

• fingers crossed.jpg
    fingers crossed.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 5,066