What Would You Do If..........

If this is what you want in your heart of hearts, then go for it. You can always personalize it with a charm or pockette/twilly. If you are seriously thinking of another neutral, raisin, ebene or red would be great!

I think you should have your lovely birkin, ;)
If your all meeting up, If i was in that situation I think I would grab my Chanel bag. rather that have the same bag.
But I would still buy the birkin that sings to me, for all the other times I am going out

BTW, you could add Cadenas etc, to make it look a little different
do let us know when she arrives

Ladies, again I thank you for all you advice. I think I will wait and see if any of them get theirs anytime soon...... If they do, then I'll consider another color. I will definitely let you know what I decide. I wish I lived in NY, it seems like the gold is always popping up there and not in LA!

I think if women are close friends they are bound to have the same tastes in some things. That's just something you have in common. I have a friend who has a 30 cm gold Birkin and I have the 35 cm. We also have red Kelly bags. It just coincided that we both like similar bags. I think its funny and when we do go out we coordinate what bags we bring. Either she'll bring her Kelly and I bring Birkin or vice versa. Our Kelly's are different hardware, size and shades of red so I wouldnt mind if next time we go out we are Kelly twins lol. Its not the exact bag. Get the color you really love.

I would get my favorite color combo .... let someone else make the sacrifice! :P

Seriously though, I just think it is a shame to forego what you love.

I have to agree w/ what Kelly said. If you want it, then get it. March to the beat of your own drum and don't look back. Who knows if they (your friends) will end up getting one at all?

Good luck.. and by the way, I :heart: gold. It is very versitile.
If you decide on another color, I would say etoupe or parchimin (sp?).

Get the bag that makes your heart sing and forget about everyone else. This much I've learned in 50 years. LOL!

As far as other good neutral colors.....I adore Etoupe, Ebene and Havane as wonderful neutrals that add a bit of spice. I reach for my Havane Birkin more than the black these days as I feel it give my outfits just a touch of polish.

hbr we all know you've been wanting gold.... I say keep the color, change the friends.....

Seriously, you should get what you want, we've been reading about you loving gold...You must ask yourself if you would still love the bag as much if some of your friends have the same one....would it's lose it 's appeal to you? If it doesn't bother you, stay with it....

If you want gold, you should get gold. That being said, there are so many leather options out there. A gold in togo leather looks slightly different that a gold in box leather, or in clemence, etc. Then there is also the hardware choices. Each bag is unique, and truthfully, I sincerely doubt all four will get teh same EXACT bag. Perhaps one of the other ladies will cave in to whatever is offered to her first! Good luck on your quest for your grail bag!

hbr, i had the same dilemma as I may be able to get an etoupe lindy whilst there are already 2 friends (whom I run into from time to time) got the same bag in same colour already!

I would say black, blue jean, gold and etoupe are the most popular colours for H bags (especially for those who can only have 1 or 2 H bags). There's no way to avoid the problem, probably the only thing we can do is to think about how to make your bag "pop" / more outstanding than others, like by matching or contrasting with the colour of your outfit, decorate the bag by keychains or twillys, just to make it special and very "you".