What would you do? Dot on new lambskin mini...

Can you please post the picture? I'm curious what it looks like.

The pic is in the link at the bottom of my post, here it is again: https://i.imgur.com/IScs2gK.jpg

I'm sorry this happened to you. It is a good example of something that should be discussed before buying from a personal shopper. I know in Europe, exchanges are more difficult than in the US, but she should have this addressed with her buying partners. It would be good to share this shoppers name so no one else goes down this path.

As others have suggested, I would take it to a boutique and see what can be done. It might easily be removed.

I guess you have to ask yourself what the dot is worth to you if you need to return and incur shipping expense etc etc. It also depends if there is another bag available.

Wow, her attitude would make me want to return the bag completely - I'm so sorry that happened!

I second what other posters have said and try bringing it into a boutique and say it was a gift - see what they can do for you and take it from there.

Perhaps bring it into your local Chanel and say it was a gift (or call/contact an SA in advance)? It is brand new and you do have the receipt so maybe they can remove the dot somehow.

I'm sorry this personal shopper is being so rude, especially when you weren't accusing her of anything.

Thanks everyone! I think I will try to bring into a local Chanel boutique and see how it goes...

Oh wow. I can't believe she's being so rude :/ I'm really angry that she has the nerve to treat a customer that way. I've been in contact with her and almost purchased through her but opted not to because I didn't feel that she had a very warm personality that would make purchasing a Chanel bag a special moment. And she's kind of been on a rampage lately on Instagram [emoji28] Maybe try bringing it to your local Chanel and see if they can clean it off?

She actually posted a light pink mini that her customer from the US is selling. Is it yours? There's no mention of the dot you mentioned. If it's your bag I'd hope she'd be clear about what she's selling

Good call, I know what you mean....and yeah, that is my bag :hrmm: I'm assuming she would disclose when a potential buyer emails though? eek..

That dot is tiny - I don't even know how you found it.
Just enjoy your bag!

Haha, to be honest I usually don't even inspect my bags much...but this is on a center quilt on the front flap, and it was the first thing I saw when I took the bag out of the box :nogood:

Dot looks really tiny and I hope chanel can do something about it;but if it were me I don't think it would bother me that much but it's your bag so hope chanel can take care of it. GL Hun!

Hi everyone,

I purchased a lambskin light pink mini through a personal shopper. When I got the bag, I noticed that there was a small black/dark green dot on one of the center quilts on the front flap. I tried to take some photos, but they didn't come out very well. I know the dot is small, but to me, it looks pretty noticeable because the bag is so light, and the dot is right in the middle of the front of the bag :cry: I tried using a little Meltonian on the dot, but it didn't budge at all.

Would you keep the bag, or try sending it back to the personal shopper to have them exchange it?

Unfortunately, Chanel boutiques in the US aren't carrying this color so there's no way for me to exchange myself. Does anyone know if it's possible to receive a refund from a receipt if the name listed isn't my name?

Thanks for your help!
So sorry about this! Hope all goes well and keep us updated. I totally understand how you feel buying a brand new bag. Especially at this price tag! It should be perfect without any flaws. I did see her posting your bag but no mention of the flaw. Could you post more pics of it from afar?

Oh wow. I can't believe she's being so rude :/ I'm really angry that she has the nerve to treat a customer that way. I've been in contact with her and almost purchased through her but opted not to because I didn't feel that she had a very warm personality that would make purchasing a Chanel bag a special moment. And she's kind of been on a rampage lately on Instagram [emoji28] Maybe try bringing it to your local Chanel and see if they can clean it off?

+1 I didn't get a good vibe after seeing those posts about no returns and the fee!

To be entirely honest, I cannot even see the dot and I have 20/20 vision! That's one of the reasons I don't dare sell my older bags as it's impossible to know other people's expectations. That is not a visible dot or a flaw by my standards.

That dot is not noticeable at all I probably wouldn't think anything of it and I'm pretty anal myself.

I Think you should keep it and enjoy it, I don't think it's worth going through all the trouble and being left with a bad taste in your mouth.

Without seeing the dot from distance I can't say how bad it is

I'm usually happy with bags I get and most of the time when I look at "defects" or "is it normal" threads...those "defects" are pretty normal to me.

However, I have a pink lamb rectangular mini and the first one from store came with a very tiny blue pen mark. At first I thought it was dot but I can't wipe it off. I'm usually bad about noticing these things BUT on light color bags they can be extremely obvious. So store shipped me a replacement and I returned the first one. And I can totally relate to you.

I know lots of TPFers love her. Personally I never have good responses from this famous PS on IG for items I ask her to look and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Last time I used a PS it was with a Celine nano. It came with store defect and this very PS (not the same you dealt with) was able to send it back to Celine Germany as its defect.

So I don't buy that "France custom" and "in Europe we don't do this" crap!!!!

Last edited: