What would you do? Dot on new lambskin mini...

Without seeing the dot from distance I can't say how bad it is

I'm usually happy with bags I get and most of the time when I look at "defects" or "is it normal" threads...those "defects" are pretty normal to me.

However, I have a pink lamb rectangular mini and the first one from store came with a very tiny blue pen mark. At first I thought it was dot but I can't wipe it off. I'm usually bad about noticing these things BUT on light color bags they can be extremely obvious. So store shipped me a replacement and I returned the first one. And I can totally relate to you.

I know lots of TPFers love her. Personally I never have good responses from this famous PS on IG for items I ask her to look and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Last time I used a PS it was with a Celine nano. It came with store defect and this very PS (not the same you dealt with) was able to send it back to Celine Germany as its defect.

So I don't buy that "France custom" and "in Europe we don't do this" crap!!!!

But this is really true! SAs can get really sticky in Europe and also Asia and Australia on return polices. Consumers in these countries simply don't have the clout of US customers when it comes to return and exchanges.

Complaining to management hardly works as they hold the same stance, no returns and exchanges, unless absolutely necessary.

The seller could put it across more politely though.

Hi everyone,

I purchased a lambskin light pink mini through a personal shopper. When I got the bag, I noticed that there was a small black/dark green dot on one of the center quilts on the front flap. I tried to take some photos, but they didn't come out very well. I know the dot is small, but to me, it looks pretty noticeable because the bag is so light, and the dot is right in the middle of the front of the bag :cry: I tried using a little Meltonian on the dot, but it didn't budge at all.

Would you keep the bag, or try sending it back to the personal shopper to have them exchange it?

Unfortunately, Chanel boutiques in the US aren't carrying this color so there's no way for me to exchange myself. Does anyone know if it's possible to receive a refund from a receipt if the name listed isn't my name?

Thanks for your help!

Wow, i'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the PS.
About the bag, I honestly can't see the dot even when you circled it, haha.. But of course if you're uncomfortable, definitely do what you feel is right.
About the PS, i'm so glad I read about your email exchange with her and everyone's opinions on here. I tried contacting her last week about the mini she posted but she didn't respond. I'm kind of glad I haven't followed through. I will definitely try a different PS now.
Good luck with your decision on the bag!

But this is really true! SAs can get really sticky in Europe and also Asia and Australia on return polices. Consumers in these countries simply don't have the clout of US customers when it comes to return and exchanges.

Complaining to management hardly works as they hold the same stance, no returns and exchanges, unless absolutely necessary.

The seller could put it across more politely though.

I have to disagree. For change of mind it's hard to exchange/return in Europe and Asia. Defects are different. That's why my PS was able to exchange in Germany.

OP notified the PS within 14 day window. Keep in mind these PS are all VIPs in their countries and able to bend
store policies to waive restrictions of 2 bags per month.

Oh my, I have learned several things after being directed to this thread. 🤔 I ordered a mini from a different PS about 2 weeks ago. Not the PS that OP bought from, although I started following her on insta as another TPF member had mentioned a good experience buying from her.

It's a scary process as the customer is relying on a stranger who is hopefully professional and honest to send their money through. This will be my first time and I will let you all know if all goes well. 😶

I will advise that PayPal seems to be the safest way to buy from a PS. They advised me not to use friends and family as you have no recourse if things don't go well. Whatever the discount is, is not worth the risk!! Hope many others read this thread before going through a PS so they know what to expect more than what they know otherwise. 🙃

Last edited:
I exchanged items in Paris with no issues. I was after a classic necklace and settled with a different one at Rue Cambon. I found the perfect one at Montaigne and exchanged it with no issues or qualms. And they let me keep the white box =). I saw another client exchanging a bag with no issues at Rue Cambon too (and it was busy). No attitudes. They combine all your items purchased on a new receipt for vat refund purposes.

Any personal shopper should have a return policy or something in place to address defects. If you trust them to source a bag for you, it is not your responsibility until you open it and use it. Whether US Customs put it there etc, it is not your fault. I'm not sure whose fault it is, but surely these kinds of things happen when you sell overseas etc. The way this PS reacted, tells me she has nothing in writing to address these issues. It could be a problem.

Also, most defects should be viewed from a 'normal' distance-something that the avg person could see from a reasonable angle. My eye sight is not that great anymore, and I would not have seen it. And after using the bag a few times, I'd probably have more dots just like it.

It's really weird, I'm one of those people who almost never notice any faults or defects... but I can see the green dot clearly and I think this would drive me crazy as well, especially since it's on the front of the bag. It is tiny, but it's clearly there and I wouldn't be able to *unsee* it, if you know what I mean. So I totally emphasize with you, OP. And I'm so sorry that the PS is not being helpful. I really hope she will change her attitude and be more cooperative...

Short of that, I would bring it to a Chanel boutique anyway and see what they say- what do you have to lose, right? And if nothing works out... perhaps contact Leather Surgeon and ask if there's anything that can be done? I mean, I can't even figure out what it could be, but it wouldn't hurt, right?

Take it into Chanel boutique and they can repair or replace it. If local boutique can't do the job, they will send to Paris. It should be global warranty so even if you bought overseas, you can take to any store.
The dot is small but if that was the first thing you saw, then you will never Unsee it.

Without seeing the dot from distance I can't say how bad it is

I'm usually happy with bags I get and most of the time when I look at "defects" or "is it normal" threads...those "defects" are pretty normal to me.

However, I have a pink lamb rectangular mini and the first one from store came with a very tiny blue pen mark. At first I thought it was dot but I can't wipe it off. I'm usually bad about noticing these things BUT on light color bags they can be extremely obvious. So store shipped me a replacement and I returned the first one. And I can totally relate to you.

I know lots of TPFers love her. Personally I never have good responses from this famous PS on IG for items I ask her to look and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Last time I used a PS it was with a Celine nano. It came with store defect and this very PS (not the same you dealt with) was able to send it back to Celine Germany as its defect.

So I don't buy that "France custom" and "in Europe we don't do this" crap!!!!

I have to agree with this. I have found this particular personal shopper quite unhelpful and quite rude as well. I asked her for a particular item in black caviar with gold hardware specifically - at the time silver hardware was easy to find but gold very hard. She came back with the item in black with silver hardware and was very rude when I said that it wasn't what I was looking for. Then she started going on about the fact that it doesn't exist with gold hardware when it definitely did as I later purchased it from a Chanel boutique.