Workplace What will you do if this happened to you??????

salsared

Jul 29, 2010
So I was at work yesterday and stepped out for a few minutes. I left my eva on a chair in the office. When I came back, I couldn't believe my eyes. My co-worker had unzipped my purse and was going through the stuff in my bag. She has all ten fingers inside my purse. When I demanded to know what was going on, she claimed that she was admiring it and opened it just to see what it looked like inside. Without my permission and in my absence too :confused1: It totally grossed me out and I was so :mad:
This is someone who has told me repeatedly that she does not like LV's and even if she had all the money in the world, that she would not WASTE it on LV. I let her know that I was upset and that her behavior was unacceptable and that she was totally banned from touching any of my personal belongings without my permission. She had no business being near my desk or my purse. I can't understand it when some people do not respect personal boundaries. I will not go near other people's purses in their absence not to talk about actually unzipping the purse and putting in my hands. :nono::nono:

Last edited:
That's not just rude, she may have been trying to steal your wallet or something. Make sure you keep an eye on her. Even if you do decide to forgive her later on, make sure you keep this incident in the back of your mind. It takes a lot for someone to dig in someone else's belongings when they're not there, you can't trust her.

Wow! Unbelievable! That's just rude and unacceptable! How can someone go through your stuff without any permission?? Good that you told her that she's banned on touching any of your belongings..:ghi5:

I will tell her off like what you did but not before getting half a minute to get over my shock. Do lock up all your things. Here in my office, we have a lockable cabinet each to lock up all our stuff.

That is so dodgy! I wouldn't buy her story! If she wouldn't even buy her own LV if she could, why would she be trying to have a closer look at it - especially when you're not around ! not good! I'd be keeping an eye on her!

Wow, how cheeky. I would find it very hard to now have to sit next to or even near her while working now - really uncomfortable and awkward (she should feel like this ... not you) still icky though..

Wow that is definitely soo rude of her! I once left my belongings at my fiancés office while I went shopping in one bag was a new fragrance of mine which was in the box but was opened. I had not sprayed it. When my fiancé finished work I got my belonging and opened up my fragrance to my surprise it was used. I can tell because I work in fragrance. I asked him of he had sprayed it and he was like no but my workmate did? I was so furious with him for not protecting my belongings. I don't even know this girl nor have I met her. He said she just wanted to see but then she sprayed it and he didn't know how to react. I mean it's only a bit of fragrance so I'm not angry about that but the fact that she was nosy and went wanted to snoop in my belongings let alone to use something without my permission or presence. I told my fiancé to be more cautious of my belongings next time.

Where I work there is a stated company policy that if you are caught going through someone's personal belongings (purse, wallet, coat pockets) it's cause for dismissal. This was put in place after we had a few thefts around the office.

If a person is really interested in what the inside of a bag looks like because they want to buy one, they should ask permission and look at it while you are present.

If I'd caught her I'd have made a big show of counting my money and cards and maybe even said something like 'wow, I thought I had a lot more cash in here'!