What was Dooney thinking?

Yikes. A long time ago, I was into Dooney (and Coach), before I graduated to premium designers. I realize that Dooney has been catering to younger customers in recent years, but this is over the top BAD! They've really gotten away from their roots, haven't they?

i painfully disagree. the first dooney i bought was yesterday, and it is timeless. i will attach a picture. the other Dooney i bought today is delecious, but the picture i found isn't of the exact color so i dont' want to throw anyone off. i've seen horrendous purses on every line.

Attachments

• MyNewDooney!.jpg
    MyNewDooney!.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 103
I buy Dooney. And I like Dooney. And I wear Dooney. In fact the area where I live many women in their twenties and thirties carry the very nice looking AWL /Pebble Grain or Alto purses. Even their signature and quilted lines are cute.

I like Dooney because I live in the Northeast and Dooney can be carried anywhere regardless of the weather - something you might not do with more expensive bags - and the leather bags look stylish. So I'm not looking to put down the brand name or anything, but find this style rather garish compared to the more classic ones.

I have this one

314399104_a9020deb52.jpg

and
ec9b_1_b.JPG

I used to carry Dooney but have recently sold off my entire collection. Most of Dooney's current bags are geared towards teens and tweens and I don't want to carry anything my 13 year old sister could also carry. I guess Dooney just seems too "young" for me any more.

Merika I like your bags! Especially the AWL :heart: ETA I agree they are low maintenance and very durable! My grandma in law has several vintage leathers that look like new. She admits being rough with them, too.

Merika I like your bags! Especially the AWL :heart:

I got the AWL off ebay as an experiment to see if I could carry a hand-bag as opposed to a shoulder bag. It didn't work out so well, but I still love it. I think AWL bags are a little heavy as opposed to coated canvas or coated cotton fabric.

I got the AWL off ebay as an experiment to see if I could carry a hand-bag as opposed to a shoulder bag. It didn't work out so well, but I still love it. I think AWL bags are a little heavy as opposed to coated canvas or coated cotton fabric.

I think AWL is quite heavy! This isn't a bad thing though. That's why it can take so much abuse. I have and AWL backpack I use when I'm on vacation (because it's AWL lol) and it takes me a day or two to get used to the weight. But it's worth it because it won't get ruined getting wet or being out in the sun all day.

This one was a true classic. I esp. miss the tooled leather duck.

ec9b_1_b.JPG

Those were the days, I remember my Mom had one that lasted at least 10 years, and never wore down. I think she still has it today. The quality was unbelievably good back then.