What should be my milestone pieces?

May 3, 2020
I have a milestone coming up at the end of this month so want to get something for myself to celebrate.

I normally know what I am getting a year ahead and thought I had already decided on the VCA bracelet, but recently added some items and finally decided what I want my bracelet stack to be so need help deciding on what would be next.

I already own something from VCA, nothing from Cartier, so far so would be nice but it’s also more expensive.

Items I am deciding between on my next piece:
  1. Van Cleef gold and onyx 5 motif bracelet - my original milestone item
1693653767627.jpeg

2. Cartier Juste un clou diamond in white gold
View attachment 5851345
3. Diamond tennis bracelet, not decided on carat or look or anything just yet, but would look for something like this
View attachment 5851350

The Stack I’ve decided on so far to be my signature look.
Gold for summer:
  1. VCA black onyx 5 motif ring
  2. Cartier clash bracelet - have not added this just yet as I am still undecided on this
  3. Single gold solitaire diamond bracelet - already own

White gold/silver for winter:
  1. Cartier JUC
  2. White gold diamond tennis bracelet
  3. Single white gold diamond bracelet - already own

Reactions: Hurrem1001
have you thought about non designer pieces, less markup bigger diamonds!
Yes! Ive been looking for so long, most likely the tennis bracelet will be non designer. I’m also searching for independent jewelers as well to find interesting delicate/edgy bracelets but cannot find any. I can find lots of delicate necklaces or earrings bracelets is more tricky. I feel like the ones I chose has a good balance of feminine and edgy.

Yawn. I am so tired of seeing the same jewelry on almost everyone on TPF. There are thousands of talented jewelry designers out there. Choose something different. When jewelry/bags/shoes are so ubiquitous, they look like nothing. Choose something special—not trendy—for your milestone.
You’ve got no idea how badly Ive looked for something different. I can’t find anything that is that is feminine and edgy for me to spend money on and I would want to keep forever. Particularly with bracelets I find it tough, otherwise I have a few unique necklaces and earrings. If you have under the radar brands, let me know, I’ve been on this forum looking for new names regularly.

You’ve got no idea how badly Ive looked for something different. I can’t find anything that is that is feminine and edgy for me to spend money on and I would want to keep forever. Particularly with bracelets I find it tough, otherwise I have a few unique necklaces and earrings. If you have under the radar brands, let me know, I’ve been on this forum looking for new names regularly.
How do James Banks, Stephen Webster, Shaun Leane, Nouvel Heritage, Kloto, or Boochier rank for you?

Jewelry is highly personal. You should only buy when something LOUDLY calls to you. Do not force it. You may find it next week or 10 years from now. And you will probably find it when you least expect it. That said, I am confused. You repeatedly stated you want something “feminine and edgy.” There is nothing about the jewelry you have listed that is edgy. It is common and boring to the point of being virtually invisible. Those freaking Cartier Love and Just Un Clou bracelets need to die. Same with VCA Alhambra jewelry. I am old enough to remember when VCA was high end and did not sell tat to the masses. Pity that it’s all about the money now.

That said, I am confused. You repeatedly stated you want something “feminine and edgy.” There is nothing about the jewelry you have listed that is edgy. It is common and boring to the point of being virtually invisible. Those freaking Cartier Love and Just Un Clou bracelets need to die. Same with VCA Alhambra jewelry. I am old enough to remember when VCA was high end and did not sell tat to the masses. Pity that it’s all about the money now.
isn’t VCA feminine, Cartier clash a little edgy?
For the white gold stack, JUC is a little edgy and diamond tennis bracelet feminine.

Also in my stack you will notice that I‘ve only put one known/popular brand bracelet. The others are just classic, I have other very delicate unique bracelets that I can add and switch up. The excption is the VCA and clash, but don't think enough people don’t know about the clash.

I feel the same way about you as these popular brands, particularly if they’re all stacked together. I have been thoughtful that I don’t want multiples or stack the popular known brands together, e.g VCA with the JUC. I have never really been interested in the Cartier pieces until recently when I saw diamond tennis bracelet stacked next to JUC and thought the two balanced it out. VCA has always been a high end brand and on my wishlist since young, I don’t like it that it has gotten popular, just because it’s more known more recently I shouldn’t take an item off my wishlist for something.

These items are particularly popular on social media and this forum, I don’t see these pieces in everyday life and I live in a big city. I mostly see the Love and only ever seen the VCA once locally.
if you have suggestions I am open, please do share. I know jewellery collection takes time, at the same time my wrist feels so bare so eager to build, this is the only area lacking.

How do James Banks, Stephen Webster, Shaun Leane, Nouvel Heritage, Kloto, or Boochier rank for you?
Thank you for sharing. I went through and liked a piece from Shaun Leane that could have been a replacement for the Clash, but it’s vermeil gold. My experience with vermeil gold hasn’t been good, it’s faded over time so not willing to spend money on something that isn’t long lasting.

I also liked a couple pieces from Boochier, really pretty. My only hesitation is that there isn’t a store in London and the online purchase states items cannot be returned as they’re custom made. For me especially with that money I need to try on and see how it all goes. Ive brought a necklace once online and even that was a huge risk but I loved the design so much that I was willing to pay. Although the jeweler sent with tracking delivery there was a problem with my delivery and I almost lost £1K. Never again!

Yawn. I am so tired of seeing the same jewelry on almost everyone on TPF.

There is nothing about the jewelry you have listed that is edgy. It is common and boring to the point of being virtually invisible. Those freaking Cartier Love and Just Un Clou bracelets need to die.

I can't say I agree with your responses. tPF is not the real world. You said it yourself, jewellery is highly personal. OP has stated some non designer options in her original post.

I have a milestone coming up at the end of this month so want to get something for myself to celebrate.

I normally know what I am getting a year ahead and thought I had already decided on the VCA bracelet, but recently added some items and finally decided what I want my bracelet stack to be so need help deciding on what would be next.

I already own something from VCA, nothing from Cartier, so far so would be nice but it’s also more expensive.

View attachment 5851356

View attachment 5851345
3. Diamond tennis bracelet, not decided on carat or look or anything just yet, but would look for something like this
View attachment 5851350

Gold for summer:
  2. Cartier clash bracelet - have not added this just yet as I am still undecided on this

1. Cartier JUC
Tennis bracelets are always classic and a good idea.

You mentioned you had some VCA already, perhaps you could consider a complimenting piece? (unless #1 the above is).

JUC wg with diamonds is less common that the yg without. That can be a good option too which you can wear for a long time. It will be perfect with a tennis bracelet down the line.

I assume you have gone to try these all on? I think prices will just go up with Cartier and VCA. You can target those first then the tennis bracelet later. All the best and have fun choosing.

Thank you for sharing. I went through and liked a piece from Shaun Leane that could have been a replacement for the Clash, but it’s vermeil gold. My experience with vermeil gold hasn’t been good, it’s faded over time so not willing to spend money on something that isn’t long lasting.

I also liked a couple pieces from Boochier, really pretty. My only hesitation is that there isn’t a store in London and the online purchase states items cannot be returned as they’re custom made. For me especially with that money I need to try on and see how it all goes. Ive brought a necklace once online and even that was a huge risk but I loved the design so much that I was willing to pay. Although the jeweler sent with tracking delivery there was a problem with my delivery and I almost lost £1K. Never again!
I don't blame you for not wanting vermeil.

Buying something sight unseen is challenging too. For things that are UK based, how about Boodles? They definitely skew more feminine than edgy IMO, but they have some interesting designs. Or Bobby White maybe? I love his motion line.

@Minimalist_Chic it sounds like you really have put a lot of thought and research into this, and I totally hear you about how difficult it is to find the perfect items to create a signature stack….I’ve been on the same hunt.

Other jewellers to consider might be Dinh Van and Messika - both make stunning stackable bracelet designs.

So, thinking about what you already own (the white and yellow single diamonds), what color gold is the rest of your jewelry and what do you think you’ll wear most until you can complete your two full “dream” stacks? Then at least this will help you narrow down which color item you want to add next year for your milestone bday. And what would best complement your single diamond bracelet best until you can add your third piece.

I’m thinking the JUC would best fit this bill out of the options you’re considering. Or have you seen the Messika’s Move Romane? Since you want to add a tennis bracelet eventually, its design is like a bangle and tennis bracelet in one and would look great with your single diamond bracelet. It comes in all 3 gold colors.

216B9DBE-13FA-4EA6-A40F-7C87D07A7A2D.jpeg

@Kabuki - I hear you about Cartier and VCA being so ubiquitous. But as pointed out, just because something is commonplace on IG and tPF, it’s not necessarily common all over the world. And there are reasons why certain designs stand the test of time. Looks like you haven’t posted much on tPF, so as an OG I’m going to offer some gentle advice that there is no need to rant at a poster without providing any constructive suggestions.

View attachment 5851356

View attachment 5851345
View attachment 5851350

Gold for summer:

1. Cartier JUC
I would go for what the heart wants, cliché as that may sound. Which piece makes your heart sing? What can you see yourself wearing in your daily life?

The only person wearing the piece is you, so choose what you love most. Like you, I live in a large densely populated area, and I don't see Cartier and VCA often in my daily life. As another tpf'r mentioned above, Cartier and VCA prices will continue to increase, so I'd take that into consideration but not let it completely drive your decision. I would also HIGHLY recommend trying things on if you can.

Happy shopping! Hope you find something you love!

• Love
Edgy and feminine is subjective imo, there's no definition of either that will appease all of us. I agree that jewelry preferences are highly personal, and I don't think there's anything wrong with being attracted to highly popular pieces right now if they sing to you. Get what YOU love, and don't settle, keep trying things on until you know it's the right piece. You'll know it when you find it :smile:
Also, I agree that what you see on IG and here isn't normal, just because we have lots of Cartier fans and shares doesn't mean they're common, they're not lol. I only have a friend or 2 with a Cartier piece, A CARTIER piece, not several; and no friends with VCA or Bvlgari for example and my circle is affluent.