What should be my milestone pieces?

Yes! Ive been looking for so long, most likely the tennis bracelet will be non designer. I’m also searching for independent jewelers as well to find interesting delicate/edgy bracelets but cannot find any. I can find lots of delicate necklaces or earrings bracelets is more tricky. I feel like the ones I chose has a good balance of feminine and edgy.
Catbird does very delicate pieces. Maybe worth a look. I also like Kimai's bracelets, but they are lab diamonds.

But overall I agree with the chorus of "buy what you love". You can mix one iconoclastic piece into a stack of classics and still have something unique. Or, have something with personal meaning created for you.

If the VCA Alhambra 5 bracelet has been on your mind for a year, it's a good indication that you'll really enjoy it
Agree with this

also, I find that it’s how one wears the jewelry that makes it feminine or edgy.

I might suggest Briony Raymond or Foundrae as both feminine or edgy, but all this is very personal
Regarding Foundrae, I think looking at the founders own jewelry inspirations may be equally as productive
as perusing the items for sale

have fun deciding and congrats on your milestone achievements :smile:

Last edited:
You’ve got no idea how badly Ive looked for something different. I can’t find anything that is that is feminine and edgy for me to spend money on and I would want to keep forever. Particularly with bracelets I find it tough, otherwise I have a few unique necklaces and earrings. If you have under the radar brands, let me know, I’ve been on this forum looking for new names regularly.

You should definitely have a look at Jessica McCormack

The stack combinations you mentioned will work fine. I will admit to loving a more feminine stack verse edgy however with right base pieces you can always add additional piece to give some versatility to either stack. IMO the WG stack should overall be shiny and refined vs edgy. I would consider VCA 5 motif or Perlee paired with a tennis bracelet over the plain JUC. The YG stack pieces you mentioned will give bit of edge and by interchanging Clash/tennis bracelet within that stack you will gain versatility.

I‘ve gone through every single suggested brands posted, nothing yet that sings to me as much as the stack I’ve decided on. Keep on posting your suggestions!

I‘ve tried on the VCA bracelet already when I last brought something from them. Also tried on the tennis bracelet as well, already decided on the carat as well.
I need to try the JUC on, will visit the store this weekend and see if it suits me.

I would go for what the heart wants, cliché as that may sound. Which piece makes your heart sing? What can you see yourself wearing in your daily life?

The only person wearing the piece is you, so choose what you love most. Like you, I live in a large densely populated area, and I don't see Cartier and VCA often in my daily life. As another tpf'r mentioned above, Cartier and VCA prices will continue to increase, so I'd take that into consideration but not let it completely drive your decision. I would also HIGHLY recommend trying things on if you can.

Happy shopping! Hope you find something you love!
I want all of it, just deciding which one to get first. I wear both gold and silver equally as I switch out my jewellery between the two seasons, worn daily.
Yes, I think it will be branded one first if I end up sticking with either VCA or Cartier, the rest will be acquired slowly.

Jewelry is highly personal. You should only buy when something LOUDLY calls to you. Do not force it. You may find it next week or 10 years from now. And you will probably find it when you least expect it. That said, I am confused. You repeatedly stated you want something “feminine and edgy.” There is nothing about the jewelry you have listed that is edgy. It is common and boring to the point of being virtually invisible. Those freaking Cartier Love and Just Un Clou bracelets need to die. Same with VCA Alhambra jewelry. I am old enough to remember when VCA was high end and did not sell tat to the masses. Pity that it’s all about the money now.
I generally agree with your sentiment about these types of jewelry being ubiquitous, but OP's really just trying to explore. It would be more helpful if you gave her examples of your own jewelry style and why it works for you / how you worked it out.

I personally think classic pieces that don’t go out of style are the best way to go. Having said that, maybe you find that boring?
A few years ago I wanted a charm bracelet, but I didn’t want one I saw other people wearing, and I didn’t want one I had to wear with charms. I looked everywhere for one that was within my budget, and finally found one I loved. I found a small, independent jeweller, and purchased from him.
At the end of the day, it is YOU that will be wearing the piece, so it is YOU who must be happy with it. Congratulations on your milestone!

Last edited:
I am old enough to remember when VCA was high end and did not sell tat to the masses. Pity that it’s all about the money now.
1) It’s always been about the money.
2) So the common plebs aren’t supposed to wear jewellery that people like yourself (who apparently levitate above the rest of us) would buy? A piece of jewellery we might’ve saved years to buy, because it’s only for you special, privileged people, is that it? God forbid that a common piece of muck like me (and bloody proud of it, I might add!) be seen wearing the same piece of jewellery as you. My God, when you see a plebeian wearing a piece of jewellery that’s meant for you it must be so distressing and traumatizing. I can’t imagine the horror you must feel seeing commoners wearing jewellery that’s really meant for the privileged few!

Last edited:
1) It’s always been about the money.
2) So the common plebs aren’t supposed to wear jewellery that people like yourself (who apparently levitate above the rest of us) would buy? A piece of jewellery we might’ve saved years to buy, because it’s only for you special, privileged people, is that it? God forbid that a common piece of muck like me (and bloody proud of it, I might add!) be seen wearing the same piece of jewellery as you. My God, when you see a plebeian wearing a piece of jewellery that’s meant for you it must be so distressing and traumatizing. I can’t imagine the horror you must feel seeing commoners wearing jewellery that’s really meant for the privileged few!
Just chipping in because it’s hard to pass this without a comment. Are you arguing with the fact Kabuki stated or don’t like the tone? If someone’s pretending that the world is not divided in rich people and poor people/masses/the-rest-of-us, rich people’s toys and poor people’s toys, rich people’s jewellery brands, mass appealing jewellery brands I just don’t know how else it could be put out to you, other than in plain language. Facts are facts, the society we live in is what it is. We tried various revolutions in the past to shake up the Order, well…none worked. No offence meant by my comment.

• Wow
Reactions: QuelleFromage
Just chipping in because it’s hard to pass this without a comment. Are you arguing with the fact Kabuki stated or don’t like the tone? If someone’s pretending that the world is not divided in rich people and poor people/masses/the-rest-of-us, rich people’s toys and poor people’s toys, rich people’s jewellery brands, mass appealing jewellery brands I just don’t know how else it could be put out to you, other than in plain language. Facts are facts, the society we live in is what it is. We tried various revolutions in the past to shake up the Order, well…none worked. No offence meant by my comment.
Quote “ I’m old enough to remember when VCA was high end and did not sell tat to the masses.”
I didn’t see a fact - I must have missed it. What I saw was a snobby, arrogant comment. I hated the tone and the comment.
I’m not going to stand by whilst someone insinuates that ‘the masses’ are worth ‘less than’. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Quote “ I’m old enough to remember when VCA was high end and did not sell tat to the masses.”
I didn’t see a fact - I must have missed it. What I saw was a snobby, arrogant comment. I hated the tone and the comment.
I’m not going to stand by whilst someone insinuates that ‘the masses’ are worth ‘less than’. Simple as that.
It’s not that. I think, if I’m understanding, you’re arguing with the fact that there are snobs and they have their “brands” - like VCA - and don’t like when us - the rest - also wear them. You could say this about many things snobs think belong to them, high tea, ball gowns, Graff, Delvaux … the jet set lifestyle…it is what it is. I don’t defend Kabuki, just the right to state one’s opinion or a fact. In this case I consider she stated a fact, it’s a whole different argument whether one agrees with that fact or if that fact is politically correct. That’s all I’m trying to stay.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880