What Percentage of Hot Celebrity Handbags do You Think They Actually Purchase

Designerbagcarrier said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Marc Jacobs sent Oprah a bag for free at the request of Naomi Campell who most likely receives free bags as well.
I thought that Marc gave Oprah the bag on her show. I don't think LV directly gave her the bag (if you know what I mean).
And didn't LV refuse to give J.Lo the bags that she posed with during their photoshoot?

killerlife said:
I thought that Marc gave Oprah the bag on her show. I don't think LV directly gave her the bag (if you know what I mean).
And didn't LV refuse to give J.Lo the bags that she posed with during their photoshoot?

Gotcha, so Marc gave Oprah the bag. I think Louis Vuitton decided not to do business with JLo anymore because she and her people were greedy. If I remember the story correctly, LV told JLo she could have want ever she wanted and she (and/or "her people") tried to clean them out.

It wouldn't make sense for designers to force A list stars to pay retail, or at all for items.. since they'd be providing free advertising by carrying them around. I doubt they actually pay very much, if anything.

Designerbagcarrier said:
Gotcha, so Marc gave Oprah the bag. I think Louis Vuitton decided not to do business with JLo anymore because she and her people were greedy. If I remember the story correctly, LV told JLo she could have want ever she wanted and she (and/or "her people") tried to clean them out.

Oh I remember that story ! I heard that JLo cleaned them out, and then she sent an assistant back since she forgot a pair of socks ! :Push: So greedy !

killerlife said:

I think it was delivered to her... because I remember Oprah saying something like that the guy that delivered the bag to her told her "That's a really nice bag..." Oprah just popped the bag from the side of her chair... I think... and the camera kept focusing on the bag... :biggrin:

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I think they pay for V E R Y few of anything they own - handbags included. I could agree that they receive 99% of whatthey want for free. Meaning, they ask and it's sent.

I agree. The more famous you are, the more you'll get because if the paparozzi takes lots of pictures of you, you're practically a walking billboard. Look at all the "it" bags of late. It's a great return on investment if you ask me.