What Percentage of Hot Celebrity Handbags do You Think They Actually Purchase

Feb 15, 2006
392
12
I am sure we can all agree that celebrity get a lot of stuff for free. I wonder how many of those pricey handbags celebrity carry are actually purchased. I believe the majority of handbags celebrities carry are sent to them free of charge. I would say 80% of their bags are free. I know that's a bit high. What are your thoughts?
 

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
86,364
6,363
I think they pay for V E R Y few of anything they own - handbags included. I could agree that they receive 99% of whatthey want for free. Meaning, they ask and it's sent.
 
Oct 24, 2005
2,715
97
UK
What Percentage of Hot Celebrity Handbags do You Think They Actually Purchase?

Anywhere between 0 and 75%. I think it depends on the celebrity though.
 

Perja

Well & truly Plumed
O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
2,723
13
In an Orange box
I think 50/50 and upwards, depending on the calibre of the celeb. Of course, the bigger the star, the less they pay. Which designer wouldn't like to see their designs on Gwyneth P. or Reese R.?

If you're that Hilton trash bag, you pay.
 

bagnshoofetish

resist.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
33,572
2,987
earth
superstars pay zilch.
up and comers get a few free things.
B and D listers maybe get a discount.

oh crap! my soap is on! gotta go ladies!
 

hatikuh

Just 1 more, I swear...
O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
2,161
0
san francisco
bagnshoofetish said:
superstars pay zilch.
up and comers get a few free things.
B and D listers maybe get a discount.
SOOOOO not fair! Esp. considering those are the people who can actually afford them! :sad:
 
Feb 15, 2006
392
12
Perja said:
I think 50/50 and upwards, depending on the calibre of the celeb. Of course, the bigger the star, the less they pay. Which designer wouldn't like to see their designs on Gwyneth P. or Reese R.?

If you're that Hilton trash bag, you pay.
Sad to say, although Hilton is not even a Z list star, she still receives lots of perks/freebies. She probably pays for very few handbags. She may pay for the fakes, but nothing else (LOL).
 

addicted

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
3,684
37
I agree...I think most of what they own is free. But it would depend, I guess. If celebrities are seen with their stuff (i.e. Nicole Richie with Balenciaga), I bet she gets all of them free because she keeps wearing them. Great advertisement for them!
 

killerlife

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
3,044
300
Designerbagcarrier said:
Sad to say, although Hilton is not even a Z list star, she still receives lots of perks/freebies. She probably pays for very few handbags. She may pay for the fakes, but nothing else (LOL).
I'm beginning to think, that since LV is known for NOT giving their bags free to celebs, that maybe she purchases those fakes out of spite.
Probably ever other designer gives her free swag and it pisses her off that LV won't do the same.
 
Feb 15, 2006
392
12
killerlife said:
I'm beginning to think, that since LV is known for NOT giving their bags free to celebs, that maybe she purchases those fakes out of spite.
Probably ever other designer gives her free swag and it pisses her off that LV won't do the same.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Marc Jacobs sent Oprah a bag for free at the request of Naomi Campell who most likely receives free bags as well.
 

shu

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
1,287
0
Paris Hilton gets SO much for free. She gets PAID TO PARTY!

And I think celebs get most if not all of their stuff for free..
 

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
12,532
49
Chicago
Jane Magazine just did an article on this. Yeah, pretty much everything is free if they ask for it, or else very heavily discounted.