What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

What do you all think of stacking a RG hammered 5 motif with the Tiffany bead bracelet? I'm thinking about the Tiffany bracelet in lieu of the Pearls of Gold bangle.
View attachment 5974165
Hmm, I think a bracelet it’s more comfortable than a bangle and easy to leave on. I don’t love the little dangling heart though. But I think visually the two bracelets would look fine next to each other. It’s a cute and casual look.

I have the rose gold RTT bracelet with the thicker chain, and the heart is so scratched. The charm dangles and hits the table all the time. So I don’t wear it a lot. But the heart on that bracelet is also a lot bigger, ergo a bit more annoying. It also naturally rotates to the bottom of the wrist.

I feel that if I wanted a stacking bracelet, I would do hardwear. It is a bit more designed. I like how the clasp is integrated. And I like that the bracelet is radially symmetrical.

My mother would also say that hearts are not everyone’s cup of tea all the time. So if you want something maybe a bit more versatile for all occasions, I think the hardwear would do a better job.

But I think, generally, that there’s nothing off about stacking the RTT bead bracelet with Alhambra, since they both have a kind of “rounded” aesthetic.

Reactions: piosavsfan
What do you all think of stacking a RG hammered 5 motif with the Tiffany bead bracelet? I'm thinking about the Tiffany bracelet in lieu of the Pearls of Gold bangle.
View attachment 5974165
This picture is from a while back and of my daughter going through my jewelry box, mixing her jewelry with mine. It obviously is not beautifully styled like a lot of these posts but may give you a visual until someone has a better picture

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 141
Hmm, I think a bracelet it’s more comfortable than a bangle and easy to leave on. I don’t love the little dangling heart though. But I think visually the two bracelets would look fine next to each other. It’s a cute and casual look.

I have the rose gold RTT bracelet with the thicker chain, and the heart is so scratched. The charm dangles and hits the table all the time. So I don’t wear it a lot. But the heart on that bracelet is also a lot bigger, ergo a bit more annoying. It also naturally rotates to the bottom of the wrist.

I feel that if I wanted a stacking bracelet, I would do hardwear. It is a bit more designed. I like how the clasp is integrated. And I like that the bracelet is radially symmetrical.

My mother would also say that hearts are not everyone’s cup of tea all the time. So if you want something maybe a bit more versatile for all occasions, I think the hardwear would do a better job.

But I think, generally, that there’s nothing off about stacking the RTT bead bracelet with Alhambra, since they both have a kind of “rounded” aesthetic.
I'm not a huge fan of the heart itself, but I like the fact that the bracelet is more comfortable than a bangle and that it can be resized if needed. I don't like the hardware collection personally, it looks very phallic to me. :lol:🙈

• Haha
Reactions: sosauce
View attachment 5974165
Hi! To share my thoughts...

First, I am not a fan of stacking a hard bangle with a link chain bracelet. For me, the aesthetic is off. That's just me of course.

That said...
Of your two choices, I would get the Tiffany Heart Tag.
I think it gives off a more consistent flow on the wrist. When staring at your wrist with Heart Tag and hammered gold bracelets, the eye wants to keep moving in a nice, smooth flow. The Perlee bangle is too stiff; it's just a big round metal circle that will just stick out away from your skin vs the soft hammered clovers laying softly on your skin.

Take the VCA brand name out of the bracelets and imagine a generic mall jewelry bangle and link bracelet. Think if you would wear a plain round bangle together with a link bracelet. That might help you decide yay or nay on the Perlee (I vote nay).

However, what would I really do if I were you?
It seems you want to create a bigger presence on your wrist, which is the whole point of why people stack. However, you don't want it to be too bold. It also seems you want to stay with all metal pieces (e.g. no stones nor diamonds).

Assuming these assumptions are correct...
I would get the Sweet Alhambra 6 motif to stack. It would be a nice look, a bit more presence, but not too much, coordinated, and kind of a Mini-me bracelet set.

If you like a bolder look, I would get a second VCA VA RG hammered gold bracelet. Two of the same bracelet worn together will make it look like a multi-row bracelet (e.g. the fabulous Grace Kelly Rear Window airy-but-bold pearl bracelet look).

I do this a lot. I buy two of the exact same bracelets to give my wrist a bolder look. In the VCA jewelry world, I have two WG MOP 5 motif bracelets that I always wear together. I never wear one solo as I like jewelry that has a bit more presence.

It's whatever you prefer as jewelry is 100% preference. I do think wearing two bracelets of the same theme, whether the size is Sweets or Vintage, would be striking!

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Hi! To share my thoughts...

First, I am not a fan of stacking a hard bangle with a link chain bracelet. For me, the aesthetic is off. That's just me of course.

That said...
Of your two choices, I would get the Tiffany Heart Tag.
I think it gives off a more consistent flow on the wrist. When staring at your wrist with Heart Tag and hammered gold bracelets, the eye wants to keep moving in a nice, smooth flow. The Perlee bangle is too stiff; it's just a big round metal circle that will just stick out away from your skin vs the soft hammered clovers laying softly on your skin.

Take the VCA brand name out of the bracelets and imagine a generic mall jewelry bangle and link bracelet. Think if you would wear a plain round bangle together with a link bracelet. That might help you decide yay or nay on the Perlee (I vote nay).

However, what would I really do if I were you?
It seems you want to create a bigger presence on your wrist, which is the whole point of why people stack. However, you don't want it to be too bold. It also seems you want to stay with all metal pieces (e.g. no stones nor diamonds).

Assuming these assumptions are correct...
I would get the Sweet Alhambra 6 motif to stack. It would be a nice look, a bit more presence, but not too much, coordinated, and kind of a Mini-me bracelet set.

If you like a bolder look, I would get a second VCA VA RG hammered gold bracelet. Two of the same bracelet worn together will make it look like a multi-row bracelet (e.g. the fabulous Grace Kelly Rear Window airy-but-bold pearl bracelet look).

I do this a lot. I buy two of the exact same bracelets to give my wrist a bolder look. In the VCA jewelry world, I have two WG MOP 5 motif bracelets that I always wear together. I never wear one solo as I like jewelry that has a bit more presence.

It's whatever you prefer as jewelry is 100% preference. I do think wearing two bracelets of the same theme, whether the size is Sweets or Vintage, would be striking!

Hope this helps, and good luck!
In my ideal world, I would love a second 5 motif bracelet, not necessarily another hammered, but another in RG (like onyx or MOP). Unfortunately, options are very limited in RG and I can't do MTO yet. I like the pave & GMOP 5 motif but I don't like the price. :lol:

Reactions: BigAkoya
I went to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and went antique jewelry shopping in the Quarter. Visited MS Rau. It’s a must see place. Their jewelry is eye popping. Truly museum pieces.

This is not from there, but from another venerable (3rd or 4th generation) dealer.

The sardonyx cameo and chain are from England in the 1860s-1870s. The enamel work is exquisite.
ETA: It’s a locket too.

Attachments

• IMG_6167.jpeg
    IMG_6167.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 50
Picked up my first buccellati piece today - yg amazonite earrings. I was planning to get the rg onyx but fell in love with the green in the store and thought I would get them first. Trying to decide if I want onyx ones with or without diamonds. These earrings are so beautiful and go perfectly with my malachite bracelet. I mostly wear larger earrings without a necklace so I love that these have detail to them vs the Alhambra pairs.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 45
I am excited to add another ring to my collection. Just purchased the serpenti ring from Bulgari. The store service was excellent. The SAs made my family feel very comfortable in the store and I did not were not feel pressured to make decisions (SA brought multiple sizes in for me to try).
The SA also gave me a snake dish and a snake stuffed animal. My daughter put the toy on my arm and claimed I now have a matching bracelet haha. Annoyed I did not buy the wg diamond serpenti bracelet 2 years ago when I tried it. It is now double the price. Bulgari is also having a price increase here in April.
I will wear this ring with my noeud on other hand and with my matching Rolex. Thought I would share pics as I have not seen this ring often.
Absolutely beautiful

• Love
Reactions: lynne_ross
Picked up my first buccellati piece today - yg amazonite earrings. I was planning to get the rg onyx but fell in love with the green in the store and thought I would get them first. Trying to decide if I want onyx ones with or without diamonds. These earrings are so beautiful and go perfectly with my malachite bracelet. I mostly wear larger earrings without a necklace so I love that these have detail to them vs the Alhambra pairs.
Really beautiful, the sophisticated and delicate design adds a dimention to the Alhambra. Congrats!

Reactions: lynne_ross