What LV items have you lost, got stolen or ruined beyond repair?

this is quite a long story/comment but i really was heart broken especially to be told my authentic louis was a fake by a louis vuitton store. i'm going to complain....should i?

i'm never actually lost a bag or anything but my class mates did steal my very first piece of louis (a wee cute pochette accessoires) which i saved for with all my pocket money. i was only about 14 or 15 years old at the time, so it was my pride and joy. i started crying in the middle of class and i told them i was going to take them to court for stealing it after an hour they finally gave me it back.it was in somebody's smelly school bag.

i also have a theda bag in monogram multicolour white. i always wanted a white bag and my parents finally gave in and bought me one from louis vuitton in manchester a few christmases ago.i also cried when i recieved it on christmas morning i was so happy. when i first took it out shopping with me i lost one of the louis vuitton studs which connects the handles to the bag.i was so sad and i didn't tell my parents to recently as i didn't want them to be mad. i finally told my parents and i enquired at a lv store to ask if they could fix it they said yes just bring it to the nearest store and they'll fix it.my dad travels quite often to manchester to watch manchester united and he took it back to louis vuitton in manchester earlier this week. the man in lv manchester couldn't find a serial number or date code and told my dad it was a fake because my dad didn't have any documents with him to prove it was real. my dad was very angry at this as he knew he had bought it from the store. my dad brought it back home so i started searching the net to prove the man at louis vuitton was wrong. after 5 hours searching on the net and finding this amazing website i found the serial number of my theda which is VI0018. i was so happy. so my baby louis theda is going back to manchester with a letter of complaint. could anyone tell me where and when my bag was made?

this website is amazing and thanks to everyone who helped me find the code.

Are you sure that's the correct date code?

Londonholly...... that was soooooo sweet about your dad!!!! made me think about mine and all the little things he does for me and how I will miss him when he is gone....made me get all mushy at work.........ok......my mind is back on a Louie that fast......Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!! thanks for all the posts and pictures....I would love to leave some pics of my bags but.....NO TIME........patients come first........cya

Black figari PM with a mono agenda PM, mono mini-pochette, cellphone, wallet, car keys, house keys which I put on a chair beside me so it wouldnt get soiled while I was eating!! A WOMAN got it from right beside me when I looked the other way. There was a family near my table who pointed her out so I ran after the woman but there was no bag with her, just a small clutch that wouldn't fit the figari!!! She must have switched it with the group of women she was talking to. :cursing::hysteric:And it all happened in about 3 minutes!! :shocked: :crybaby::crybaby::hysteric:

I've never put any bag beside me ever again!! They always stay on my lap.. Hope this doesnt happen to anybody else...

Sorry to hear about what happened to you, luvin_aul_louis! Luckily you got your Pochette back. For a moment I thought they weren't gonna return it to you.

And sorry to hear about your Alma, Coldplaylover!

bagaddict503, I always put my bag on the chair next to mine and it gets quite stressful as I don't want to spill any food on it (if it were sitting in my lap) and I have to keep a lookout for snatch thieves! I will be more alert from now onwards... thanks for the heads up!

Thanks, gacats! That happened more than a year ago before Christmas but still couldnt get over the loss in $$$!!! I would have gladly given it to charity, instead of those thieving women!!

Thanks to you, too, Shopaholic Isis! That was indeed a VERY EXPENSIVE way to learn a lesson! But I'd rather have a soiled bag now than lose the bag and everything in it!! :smile::smile::smile:

One time i went to Bed bath and beyond with my damier pocket agenda and by accident left it on one of the shelves and when i ran to the lost and found service to have an announcement made the person was tryiong to scan the agenda so i had to explain to them that bed bath and beyond didnt sell louis vuitton agendas and that is infact mine.

another time i went on a cruise and kept my agenda in the safe at all times cause thats where it was the safest so when we got off the ship and headed off to the airport to go home i realize i forgot it in the safe so we had to go all the way back to the ship and i had to basically beg some woman to let me to go back on and get it

I lost my Monogram Canvas Snapped Billfold and Coin Purse wallet. It was my very first authentic Louis Vuitton piece. My boyfriend bought it for me! He knew how much I'd been dying for a real Louis Vuitton ANYTHING and about 2 years ago he bought it for me. We're no longer together - my boyfriend and I. I'm sort of dating this new guy now. This puts my ex in a whole new light because I doubt this new guy that I'm dating would do something that sweet for me - at least not now. That makes me miss my ex-boyfriend. What a good guy! :shame:

One time i went to Bed bath and beyond with my damier pocket agenda and by accident left it on one of the shelves and when i ran to the lost and found service to have an announcement made the person was tryiong to scan the agenda so i had to explain to them that bed bath and beyond didnt sell louis vuitton agendas and that is infact mine.

That BB &B story is the funniest thing I have ever heard! At least you got it back! lol