What LV bags would you never buy and why?

I forgot to mention: I don't like the way the Coussin GM looks. I just don't get it. I would never buy any of the denim line, but it's weird; I love the way the denim bags look on other people. But I'd never want one for myself. :wacko: :lol:

I don't like the Monogram Perforation line at all. The bags look like old radios with no antennas. I just don't get it. :shame:

Some of the Suhali bags look scary to me, like they're S&M bags or something. Epi leather is nice, but the styles look so stiff. I wish they'd do something a little different with the Epi line...something new and unexpected, but more appealing.

• Antigua
  • Charms
  • The new line about to come out where some of the bags look like bibs
  • I'm back and forth on perforated line (I wouldnt buy it but I'd carry it if someone gave it to me he he :P )
  • Same for the Ambre
  • Same for Epi

The only lines I like are the Mono, Damier and Epi, and of the latter, I'm not fond of things that are too stiff.

Most of the LV line wouldn't work for me because the bags are too small, too large, too wide, too narrow...or the straps are too long or too short.

Right now, the only ones I'd consider getting are the Recital for when a small purse would work, the Boulogne or Drouot for everyday, and for something different, a Mono or Damier Alma. A Keepall would be nice but not really needed.

I don't like the backpack styles like the Montsouris, the bucket styles, and the messenger styles except for the Sologne and Musette Salsa. I also don't like any of the following lines:

Damier
Perfo
Suede
Charms
Denim (the pink and green ones; i can't stand them)

Any kind of "exotic" skin. I am an animal rights person. I know I know they all have leather, but there is a difference in using leather that came from something people ate the rest of and just using sad little animals like mink and others like ostrich, crocs, etc. It just grosses me out.

i will not buy charms, denim, mini mono, mat, antigua, or MC (although I do admire them).
I just like the regular mono, damier,suhali, vernis and epi (love epi but wish the styles weren't so rigid looking).

I totally agree. I would never buy a monogram Speedy ... or anything monogram for myself (expect maybe the trunks :love:). I've been overexposed to LV ... I see them everywhere. I prefer the Epi or Suhali lines.

They are beautiful bags, but in general I'm not a big fan of logo-a-gogo handbags for myself. I may buy one for my mom though....

clanalois said:
I will probably never buy the monogram Speedy because everybody and their mom has it :smile:. It's a beautiful bag, don't get me wrong, but very common. I like to stand out. Especially with Suhali. :smile:

Aside from the beautiful trunks, I'd never buy LV luggage or a Keepall. I think those pieces are still pretty, but I would constantly worry about them getting banged around or stolen. Dooney kind of killed the Mini Monogram line for me too - I know if I got a Mini Mono bag people here would stop me and ask if it were a fake Dooney and Bourke! :wacko: