What Jewelry Are You Wearing Today???

I did take them to my bricks and mortar jeweller in the end and they weren’t as described :sad: Luckily I was able to sell them for about 50% of what I originally paid.
oh no! How about your relationship with your family jeweler? Did you tell him or let him come up with a buy back price? I’m so glad you have the ones that are so gorgeous now! They are truly stunning!

I love both of these! Loved your Leen Heyne thread too! Thank you for introducing me to these new designers! I’m going to google julie Rofman immediately :biggrin:

after nine months in service, I got my GM’s wg watch (Girard Perrigeaux) back. The links are not flexible but rather stiffly structured like a bridge, and the design is etched into each rigid link. it’s a bit too fitted for my taste, but here it is.

And, as early as HS, I always dreamt of coco Chanel’s Verdura cuff (hers were white unmatched pairs) and I never ever thought I’d ever go to Verdura to see hers, or see others IRL, try on, much less own. DH for our thirtieth wedding anniversary got me the cuff in my avatar. (I wear my jewelry much much looser than most TPFers; and daily with t shirts and jeans or shorts; that’s my style and DH likes it too), I was so excited, I woke up at 2 am and put it back on :biggrin: I don’t normally sleep with any jewelry, so I’m sure this feeling will wear off eventually

View attachment 5073940 View attachment 5073941 View attachment 5073942 View attachment 5073943
thank you so much for your kind words below, @Cosmopolitan, @skyqueen, @JenJBS, @Canturi lover, and @NLVOEWITHLV, all! Hugs :biggrin:
Your cuff is exquisite! Your wear it so well, too! So happy it makes your heart sing!

I love both of these! Loved your Leen Heyne thread too! Thank you for introducing me to these new designers! I’m going to google julie Rofman immediately :biggrin:

after nine months in service, I got my GM’s wg watch (Girard Perrigeaux) back. The links are not flexible but rather stiffly structured like a bridge, and the design is etched into each rigid link. it’s a bit too fitted for my taste, but here it is.

And, as early as HS, I always dreamt of coco Chanel’s Verdura cuff (hers were white unmatched pairs) and I never ever thought I’d ever go to Verdura to see hers, or see others IRL, try on, much less own. DH for our thirtieth wedding anniversary got me the cuff in my avatar. (I wear my jewelry much much looser than most TPFers; and daily with t shirts and jeans or shorts; that’s my style and DH likes it too), I was so excited, I woke up at 2 am and put it back on :biggrin: I don’t normally sleep with any jewelry, so I’m sure this feeling will wear off eventually

View attachment 5073940 View attachment 5073941 View attachment 5073942 View attachment 5073943
thank you so much for your kind words below, @Cosmopolitan, @skyqueen, @JenJBS, @Canturi lover, and @NLVOEWITHLV, all! Hugs :biggrin:

Congrats! Wow, just wow for your cuff and watch! :love: Your watch is so thin! Truly amazing!

oh no! How about your relationship with your family jeweler? Did you tell him or let him come up with a buy back price? I’m so glad you have the ones that are so gorgeous now! They are truly stunning!

Thank you so much - I am so happy with them! :hugs:

I’ve been a coward and not said anything to the other jeweller :sad: I hate confrontation at the best of times and there’s nothing he can really say to mitigate the situation. I’m obviously not going to use him again. I do feel bad though as he’s very well known locally and people keep recommending him on the local social media group!

Luckily I sold them to the other local jeweller I use and didn’t get a bad price, so it could have been a lot worse!

Thank you so much! I feel very blessed (even before the cuff :biggrin:) the stones are periodot, amethyst, blue topaz, and diamond!
thank you for your kind words @JenJBS, @Cosmopolitan, @skyqueen, @Canturi lover, all! Hugs
I was so close, I almost said blue topaz but thought it was a little light which is why I went with aquamarine. Enjoy wearing it!

I did take them to my bricks and mortar jeweller in the end and they weren’t as described :sad: Luckily I was able to sell them for about 50% of what I originally paid.
Wow! Did you let your friend, the jeweler, know about that? I’ve heard that jewelers would rip you off without certs, but it’s scary to think a friend would too. My hubby has a jeweler friend he’s known for like 30 years and once I thought he swapped my diamond. Come to find out, he left jewelers lube under the setting which totally changed the appearance of my stone.

Wow! Did you let your friend, the jeweler, know about that? I’ve heard that jewelers would rip you off without certs, but it’s scary to think a friend would too. My hubby has a jeweler friend he’s known for like 30 years and once I thought he swapped my diamond. Come to find out, he left jewelers lube under the setting which totally changed the appearance of my stone.

We weren’t actually friends, luckily, I would have been devastated otherwise. However, I did think highly of him and trusted him - never again! From now onwards I’ll always get certs and not take anyone at their word.

WOW! Congratulations on 30 years and on that magnificent cuff!

IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU'D BETTER PUT A CUFF ON IT! WHOA OH OH OH OH OH OH OH!

We weren’t actually friends, luckily, I would have been devastated otherwise. However, I did think highly of him and trusted him - never again! From now onwards I’ll always get certs and not take anyone at their word.
When we purchased my current stone, they sourced in several certified stones that fit my exact parameters. We were then able to view them under a microscope and with the naked eye before deciding. They even let me go into natural light to view the stones. We really enjoyed it!

thank you so much for your kind words below, @Cosmopolitan, @skyqueen, @JenJBS, @Canturi lover, and @NLVOEWITHLV, @saligator — you made me laugh below thank you! all! Hugs :biggrin:
:girlsigh: :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: gwendo25 and 880