what is this chicken skin under my eyes?

Retinoids can only be prescribed by doctors - preferably, dermatologists. Please see your dermatologist. No over-the-counter formulations compare.

The bumps look like blocked eccrine ducts vs. milia vs. syringomas. Again please see your dermatologist.

I had them before. And It took me about six months to get rid of.
My skintherapist says the most normal way to get them is caused by using undereyeconcealer.
I used mac and ysl before. No more!!

I had them before. And It took me about six months to get rid of.
My skintherapist says the most normal way to get them is caused by using undereyeconcealer.
I used mac and ysl before. No more!!

I have to say I agree with this. I never used under-eye anything before and was fine. After a Xmas trip where the makeup was piled on - and tha tlead to me using concealer everyday i can say the non-makeup undereye area is MUCH worse now. For sure Urban Decay's made it worse after just 2-3 uses.

I know the answer! It is from using any non-specific eye cream product on the delicate skin under your eyes. It can be from anything from moisturizer to make-up. The only way to treat it is to prevent it from happening further with a really good eye cream. Some brands make a cream specifically for these spots.

I know the answer! It is from using any non-specific eye cream product on the delicate skin under your eyes. It can be from anything from moisturizer to make-up. The only way to treat it is to prevent it from happening further with a really good eye cream. Some brands make a cream specifically for these spots.

Which ones?

Kiehl's eye creame fixed mine!

Which Kiehl's eye product did you use?

I had gotten them from using Shisedo Future Solution eye cream that was super rich. A bit too rich, I was told. I made the switch to Skyn Iceland eye cream/gel and within 6 months they were pretty much gone. I had never been a concealer user until just recently, so I know that wasn't the cause for me.

Hi! I just turned 40, started noticing these bumps abt 5 yrs ago, I just covered it up with concealer, Cle de Peau. I asked my Dermatologist about it during my last check up, she said that there are times in the year when it is more pronounced and when it sorta lessens. Not really sure what she meant but will ask again. Anyways she gave me an eye cream which I used for 6mos, but saw no noticeable improvement. Last week, i bought some regenerist Olay eye cream, used it consistently for a week now, and its practically gone.

Tried more expensive eye creams before, I'm really pleased that the drugstore variety did the job. BTW, am still using my concealer. Might be worth it for you girls to try the regenerist olay, wont break the bank.

I 3rd Kiehls (but the Midnight Recovery one) and quitting too creamy concealers!

I was using Chanel concealer and thick Clarins "for dry skin" eye balm and I've been experiencing chicken skin issues.

I've switched to Cle de Peau and Kiehls eye cream and the area is MUCHHHHHHH smoother. I think it has to do more with Clarins though since I don't use concealer everyday.

missD said:
I 3rd Kiehls (but the Midnight Recovery one) and quitting too creamy concealers!

I was using Chanel concealer and thick Clarins "for dry skin" eye balm and I've been experiencing chicken skin issues.

I've switched to Cle de Peau and Kiehls eye cream and the area is MUCHHHHHHH smoother. I think it has to do more with Clarins though since I don't use concealer everyday.

Hi missd - why do you suggest quitting creamy concealers? I've never liked them but I was considering them for winter since I don't use creams...