what is this chicken skin under my eyes?

This is NOT milia. It has been so frustrating to see that reply over and over. And like everyone else I find that concealers and heavy foundations make it MORE noticeable.

It appears that the only treatment is ablative laser therapy.

Hello everyone! I read through all the threads a few weeks ago about this mysterious chicken skin that we all seem to be experiencing. Well I went to a cosmetic dermatologist today and she said that these bumps are tiny syringoma (growths from overactive oil glands?) which can enlargen over time. She also said that the only treatment for them really is electrodessication (a pen-like instrument with a metal tip is placed on the chicken skin, or growths, sending an electric current through them. After this treament, the chicken skin will scab over and fall off within a period of two weeks. However, multiple treatments may be needed.) At this doctor's office, this treatment is 300/session. Hope this post helps!

I have had that problem and it has gotten better over time. My advice is to EXFOLIATE like crazy. I use Unwrinkle Peel Pads or Ocean Salt exfoliating wash (by Lush) once a day (sometimes I use the Clarisonic). I also use a retinol/retin-A at night. Avoid heavy moisturizers so your skin can breathe. A lightweight moisturizer is fine if needed, just avoid those real heavy-duty ones.

Bringing Up This Thread.

I have this issue (as well as dark undereye circles and wrinkles) and I'd like some help.

I'm not sure if my undereye circles are due to allergies or heredity (or both), but my eyes do become very itchy and I rub it a lot (have lots of wrinkles in the eye area, whereas otherwise I can pass off as a teenager).

I don't wear any eye creams...

Hello, I know it has been years since someone last posted, but I have the same thing. I just had procedure done that should help break the milia up. It's called microneedling. It helps with other skin conditions as well.

I'm 35-years old and am begining to notice real changes in the area under my eyes. Wrinkles, dark(er) circles, etc....

One thing has really been bothering me recently - this "chicken skin" under my eyes! It starts in the inside corner of my eyes and follows the hollow of my eye (right in the dark spot area).

I don't think it's milia - I've seen pictures of that! It doesn't look like that IMHO. It looks like chicken skin to me. That's the only way I can describe it. Mine is faint - but there. I've searched the web 100x over and can't find anything like that. Is this just aging skin?

Here's some pics I swipped of the web that best reflect what I'm talking about, though both this pics are more "servere" than my case. I tried to take pictures of my eyes but they didn't come out well.

What do you galls think?

(Got this pics from the web)

Blhernandez, I'll be interested to see how you go with the avocado cream. I'm going to try the regenerist olay eye cream first and if not successful try kiehl's avocado eye cream. Once I get a bit more time I'll book in to see a dermatologist as I've had this condition for as long as I can remember but starting to get worse with time (now 47). Good luck!

I joined this site to specifically join this thread. I have had this "chicken skin" for almost a year now and seemed to happen out of no where. I always had dark circles and started working longer hours( I'm 35) I decided to try an eye cream and all of a sudden had major wrinkles. So I tried a concealer and that only made it worse. Now here I am trying to figure out a way to stop this. I'm going to try the an avocado eye cream as mentioned in this thread. I hope it works. I will try to update
You probably have a vitamin deficiency. Get to GNC and ask them what to do.

Reactions: LoveeLy0301
Bringing Up This Thread.

I have this issue (as well as dark undereye circles and wrinkles) and I'd like some help.

I'm not sure if my undereye circles are due to allergies or heredity (or both), but my eyes do become very itchy and I rub it a lot (have lots of wrinkles in the eye area, whereas otherwise I can pass off as a teenager).

I don't wear any eye creams...

If they are itchy it is an allergy (can be pollen, product, food), but the reason you are getting the wrinkles is because you are rubbing your eyes so much! The skin under and around the eyes is so sensitive that if you pull and rub it will cause wrinkles. So you need to start using an eye cream (make sure it’s clean meaning no chemicals that can cause irritation or an oil which works wonders) and pat it on lightly. As far as the itching goes stop rubbing your eyes! I know it’s hard but you will just get more wrinkles if you don’t stop. Hope this helps!

Reactions: J_L33 and Yumigumi
Blhernandez, I'll be interested to see how you go with the avocado cream. I'm going to try the regenerist olay eye cream first and if not successful try kiehl's avocado eye cream. Once I get a bit more time I'll book in to see a dermatologist as I've had this condition for as long as I can remember but starting to get worse with time (now 47). Good luck!
For anyone that has the chicken skin, use an eye cream with retinol in it. They make them over the counter and they will help tremendously. Another reason we get this is if you use your face cream in your eye area, you need to use the cream specific for the eyes as they are not as heavy. There is A reason they make cream’s for the eyes and the face separately. Also, often times we forget to exfoliate In that area so thats years of make-up/sweat that have blocked the pores/glands in that area, and now they are clogged and never properly cleaned out. Start mildly exfoliating (retinol will help do this) or a gentle scrub. There are also laser treatments you can get done at the dermatologist but of course these are more pricey. Retinal will work the fastest, mine disappeared after about two months of using an over-the-counter I cream with retinol. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Yumigumi
If they are itchy it is an allergy (can be pollen, product, food), but the reason you are getting the wrinkles is because you are rubbing your eyes so much! The skin under and around the eyes is so sensitive that if you pull and rub it will cause wrinkles. So you need to start using an eye cream (make sure it’s clean meaning no chemicals that can cause irritation or an oil which works wonders) and pat it on lightly. As far as the itching goes stop rubbing your eyes! I know it’s hard but you will just get more wrinkles if you don’t stop. Hope this helps!
Thanks! Good to know :smile:

For anyone that has the chicken skin, use an eye cream with retinol in it. They make them over the counter and they will help tremendously. Another reason we get this is if you use your face cream in your eye area, you need to use the cream specific for the eyes as they are not as heavy. There is A reason they make cream’s for the eyes and the face separately. Also, often times we forget to exfoliate In that area so thats years of make-up/sweat that have blocked the pores/glands in that area, and now they are clogged and never properly cleaned out. Start mildly exfoliating (retinol will help do this) or a gentle scrub. There are also laser treatments you can get done at the dermatologist but of course these are more pricey. Retinal will work the fastest, mine disappeared after about two months of using an over-the-counter I cream with retinol. Hope this helps!

I know im late to the party but i know with using retinol , you need sunscreen to protects your skin from further damage. oes anyone by chance know a good eyecreme with spf??

Reactions: Yumigumi
This is called kiratosis pilaris...on the face it's usually skin color...I got mine from dermablend body cover up...I'm so stupid I used it on my face because the cover up was very good...but it was Soo thick I got this condition...7 years later and still have it....if I go on a juicing diet it's less...but makeup shows it even worse...

This is called kiratosis pilaris...on the face it's usually skin color...I got mine from dermablend body cover up...I'm so stupid I used it on my face because the cover up was very good...but it was Soo thick I got this condition...7 years later and still have it....if I go on a juicing diet it's less...but makeup shows it even worse...

So many you have mentioned retinol..reason it works because lack of vitamin A...watch the video....