What is the "It" bag for Fall 2018?

I can see this becoming the it bag for the spring - or at least Valentino really seems to be pushing for it to be!

Yes, this ladylike, top handle, Kelly-ish look seems to be done by everyone for spring. But I hate when men design these bags...they make no practical functional sense. With only a shoulder length strap, how are you supposed to open the flap, reaching under your arm and getting the flap stuck in your armpit?? Take the bag off and hold it in your hand, so the whole thing flops forward when you release the clasp? No thanks.

For sure a design crisis. I know you follow LV...and I do as well...so you know how polarizing LV can be among bag lovers due to the love/hate folks have with the monogram print.

Anyway, Ghesquiere's aesthetic is not for me. The only LV bags I have purchased under his tenure are the classics in Monogram print--Neverfull, Speedy, Alma. I wish I could fall in love with some of his leather designs but I don't feel like the price point is warranted. For $4K I'd rather add $$ and buy a Chanel.
Oh my, I couldn’t have said it better. These are my thoughts exactly! I’ve been a LV devotee since the mid 90’s without fail, and very “ loyal” to the brand as it meshed with my style perfectly. The bags were beautiful, functional and dare I say “ classic” in design. For the past three years, I can’t find a single “ new” LV that I’d want to own. I, too, have only purchased the “ classics” in canvas during the NG years. I don’t even like the SLG’s that have been released in recent years. I’ve purchased more from Chanel and Dior and now I am really liking Loewe designs, so likely I’ll buy something Loewe next. Fendi Peekaboo has always been on my short list as well and The Essentially lone is quite nice. Personally, I feel NG is “ damaging” the brand and has alienated a certain Clientele.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
Farfetch's it-bag contenders, received in e-mail today:
View attachment 4194463 View attachment 4194464
Not a bag in the bunch that I’d want to own.
I’m so fed up with this logomania that I’m specifically looking for unrecognisable non-logo items.
Once a trend becomes a mass market trend it gets too obvious and boring, so it’s too late to get onboard
i completely agree. But, then I’ve never been a big logo fan.
I want something special and not so in your face.
The standard package LV/VCA//Rolex is boring
Thank you for saying what has been in my head! I don’t want to follow the crowd or look like everyone else. Sometimes I wonder if people who get the standard issue really like the items or just want to be part of the club / prove they belong.

So taking this back to “it bags... I actually would avoid one because I don’t want to look like everyone else and I don’t want an obviously dated bag a few years after.

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa