What is the best BBag to carry to work (fits files, books, laptops, etc)

a macbook will definitely fit, even my macbook pro fits, but the flap sits a little high. a regular macbook wouldn't be a problem at all, but definitely put it in one of those neoprene sleeves/laptop condoms because there's no padding in the bag to protect your compuer.

Thanks all! You are all so awesome!

The blue one on ebay was the one I was watching. I noticed it had a Barney's tag on it in the pictures, and I know Barneys in nyc had them marked down to around $500 or so at the warehouse sale, so the bag is probably real.

I heard about the Barney's markdown from a friend, but as stated above, I did not see any there myself. :sad:

I am going to buy the ebay one I think.

I can't wait to show it all to you! :jammin:

One more question for you all:

Diabro has it for $845 and ebay has it for $790. I would prefer to buy from Diabro, since I know it will be brand new.

Has anyone bought from them before? How was the experience?

I used my city as a book bag and I didn't worry about damaging the bag. I think bbags are really sturdy. I, though, don't mind streching out the handles. I think even if you went with a city, a smallish laptop would fit. The work would definitely fit a laptop with some room to spare but I would pad the laptop otherwise it might flop around in the work. I used my work, too, as a book bag and never worried about it.

There have been some threads about whether laptops fit in a City. I haven't seen pics of a laptop in a city yet so I took some. My laptop measures 33cm x 23 cm x 4 cm and is pictured inside my blue india city :wlae:. The color - for once, when I didn't try! - is quite accurate lol :rolleyes:.
Here you go (sorry for the flash):

attachment.php

Attachments

• BI-laptop.jpg
    BI-laptop.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 296
  • bi-laptop2.jpg
    bi-laptop2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 143
No need, there's still a lot of room for a wallet, phone, papers, pochette... I haven't used my city for laptop purposes yet, because it might get a bit heavy, but the essentials would fit in anyway. I would get a work but the handles seem too short to comfortably wear as a shoulder bag and the work has no strap.