What is the best BBag to carry to work (fits files, books, laptops, etc)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I may trade up and get a Work instead of a City for fall, so I was wondering...does anyone carry a laptop in their Work? Mine is a Mac PowerBook G4, 15"...not huge or terribly heavy, and I would only need to carry it one evening a week back and forth to a class. And the laptop would be in a neoprene case inside for cushioning. What does everyone think? :huh:

2. ET, i don't carry a laptop in my work... but the stuff that i carry could be equivalent to carrying a laptop. the work would be perfect for a laptop... especially with the thick leather this season. go for it!

3. i would not put my laptop in a balenciaga... :P
    my laptop is ibook 12" and it's still quite heavy if u carried it for hours. i let my chole edith for this weight :P

4. seahorse, my laptop is about 1" too wide for my Edith! I would not be carrying it for long...just from the car to class and back (maybe 5 minutes each way) one day a week for the semester. I don't think I would want to use a b-bag for everyday carrying of the laptop, but would it hurt just for ten minutes once a week?

5. Hi ETenebris, I personally carry my laptop in my work and weekender often. I have not noticed any unusual stretching but admittedly I don't baby my bags. My laptop works great in the work especially cuz it moves around less than the weekender.

6. my edith is the big one, so it can fits.
    i think ur b-bag can carry it if only 10 mins/week, consider it as exercise :P
    g luckkkk :smile:

7. I wonder, does putting a laptop in the Work stretch the leather at all?

8. i'm sure it will. i notice the handles are stretching a tad on mine, which is a good thing. it fits better on my shoulders.

9. Ok - yes, that makes sense. Thanks.

10. I think if you don't mind stretching it, it would be okay. I don't put my
    laptop in my work because I hate to see it stretching....I feel like I'm torturing it or something :shocked: I don't think 10 minutes a week would do any harm...and if you don't mind the stretching it wouldn't be a problem
    at all :smile:

11. Go get that work ET! you will loooove it!

12. I carry my laptop in my city, so I think a work would be a great choice for you!

13. emila, is that a pic of you in your avatar? If so, I must know where you got that hat!

14. gosh, if so, she looks alot like that cutie drew barrymore ;)

15. Dumb question here- if i carry my laptop with me alot, will the handle break? I'm just very scared!!

What is the advantage of using a neoprene case ? Thanks!