What is the best BBag to carry to work (fits files, books, laptops, etc)

I use a work for mine, I dont know if anyone mentioned this, but when you lay your empty work on a table and slip in your laptop and lay your wallet and junk on top of the laptop, it stays pretty much straight up when you lift up your bag slowly haha.

I'm not very familiar with all the bbag styles, so perhaps you all can give me a hand. I'm thinking of getting a nice black/anthracite bbag for when I start my first real (post-residency) job next summer. What style though? It'll obviously have to be on the larger side to schlep all my crap, including lunch and water bottle and whatnot. I'm leaning away from overtly slouchy for work, but I don't love super structured bags. I like the Work style for size but it doesn't appear to have a shoulder strap, which would probably be useful. Ideas????

I got a SGH Black brief and carry it NON-STOP! It's not necessarily my fave, but most practical for work. I don't know how much you need to carry, but I put my lunch, shoes (for walking from metro), book, wallet - and it fits nice. And it looks nice and sturdy. I really love it. I would like a black sgh city - but this one really fits a lot and I didn't like how the work looked on me as much.

I got a SGH Black brief and carry it NON-STOP! It's not necessarily my fave, but most practical for work. I don't know how much you need to carry, but I put my lunch, shoes (for walking from metro), book, wallet - and it fits nice. And it looks nice and sturdy. I really love it. I would like a black sgh city - but this one really fits a lot and I didn't like how the work looked on me as much.

ITA, the Brief is my fave style for work...Check out the "show us your briefs" thread...

Someone on another forum recommended Balenciaga. I am not real firmiliar with the styles so I am kind of at a loss as to where to start. If you could give me a general idea of cost that would be great. Oh, and the laptop is the macbook pro.

I need the advice of all you b-bag experts...

I'm looking for a bag that I can fit a laptop, some books, and stuff like a wallet, makeup clutch, etc. into comfortably. I know I can do that with the weekender, but have any of you tried this with the work? I'll probably eventually end up buying both bags, but I'm about to go back to school, and I'd rather be able to spend a little less at the moment buying the work instead of the weekender.

I'm looking to find a few different bags to rotate out (if there are any other designers you can suggest, please do), but one HAS to be a b-bag because I've been in love with them forever. So if the weekender is my only option, I'll happily spend the big bucks to have a bag I freaking adore.

Shoot. I really can't decide. The Work looks big enough, but no shoulder strap. The part time has the shoulder strap, but doesn't look all that big. I won't be carrying a laptop so that's not a concern. I'm beginning to wonder if I should look beyond bbags.... I didn't want something big and logo-y for work but wasn't about to go buy a Coach either.

Shoot. I really can't decide. The Work looks big enough, but no shoulder strap. The part time has the shoulder strap, but doesn't look all that big. I won't be carrying a laptop so that's not a concern. I'm beginning to wonder if I should look beyond bbags.... I didn't want something big and logo-y for work but wasn't about to go buy a Coach either.

Maybe try a Brief?

I totally can't decide between a Work and the Weekender. I like big bags a lot and the Work seems "small" to me. It will need to hold a Macbook Pro, a couple magazines, small wallet or card case, cell phone and iPod. I definitely want one of the two. I just can't figure out which will look better. I do want to be able to wear it on my shoulder and I've heard the weekender is better for that. Such a tough choice! I'm just shy of 5'9" and a size 8.