What is Fashionphile smoking?

ahhhhh sarah T.T See your comments, make me remmeber the Louis vuitton Braided street shopper last week.... Oh gosh! I should have get it! Just because I hesitates >.< Now I really want that so bad!

We actually lose money on shipping. Let's take the Papillon 26 we have listed currently for an example. We only ship FedEx, as the tracking on USPS is not reliable or detailed enough for what we ship. So, we ship FedEx standard. We'll be shipping a 2 pound box that is 10 inches by 10 inches by 12 inches from Beverly Hills, CA 90210 to Cambridge, UK CB8, using our own box and using a self service drop off for the pick-up. We'll value the bag at $400 and check FedEx for yourself... the total is $135.18 http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/standalone?method=goToResultSummaryPage (I don't know if that link works... but enter the information in the rate calculator- and you'll come up with the same number I did). We'll only charge the buyer $75 (or roughly £37.50 to our British buyer).

We get a nice shipping discount from FedEx, since we ship so much, but still... we aren't making any money off shipping. I really wish we could get quality shipping/tracking for cheaper.

We lost 2 bags via USPS Global Express Mail, and could never track them down. We were insured, but making a claim is a nightmare, and that didn't make our buyers feel any better.

We have several regular international buyers who are fine with the added risk/ time/ lack of tracking with USPS, so we us it, and they get cheaper international mail.

Sarah

Oh, OK, thanks for replying! It's good to know that you aren't overcharging for shipping :biggrin: It's really nice to see you on here responding to the posts maturely and non-confrontationally.

I think I can explain this. Altho the prices may be over retail prices in the US. For other international locations, it is still cheaper and these international customers have no way of buying from LV directly in the US to get the actual retail price. So they buy from people like Fashionphile or ebay. You may feel they are ripping people in the US off, but for international customers especially in Asia, the bag is still cheaper. The customers in the US can buy from anywhere they want to, and shld do research before bidding and buying anyway.

I think I can explain this. Altho the prices may be over retail prices in the US. For other international locations, it is still cheaper and these international customers have no way of buying from LV directly in the US to get the actual retail price. So they buy from people like Fashionphile or ebay. You may feel they are ripping people in the US off, but for international customers especially in Asia, the bag is still cheaper. The customers in the US can buy from anywhere they want to, and shld do research before bidding and buying anyway.

I think this is a valid point. Here where I live in Australia, LV only opened a store locally 2-3 years ago. It's still a novelty. As for MJ, Chanel, Dior etc etc, forget it!! I can't even get access to the big department stores in the eastern states because they don't do online shopping! You guys are SO LUCKY in the US because you have access to so much.

Cheers
Julie:smile:

Obviously she wouldn't come onto this forum and be defensive, she is a smart business woman with a law degree, not someone who is undereducated. Even though she uses the correct words to help pursuade us to continue searching her store, we must consider that usually the bags are overpriced, even though authentic. I prefer to find smaller shops, other legit small sellers, and outlet stores to find my bags. Just my two cents.

I've read this thread from start to finish. In Fashionphile's defense, I must say I've bought from their website and their eBay auctions, with nary an issue. I only get items that are in good overall condition. That Neverfull the OP mentioned would not have passed my "good overall condition" test. This is a relatively old thread, the OP wrote this in February 2008, well before I became addicted to LV. In addition to getting items that are in good overall condition, I usually go for LEs, something that has been discontinued, or is very difficult to come by on eLuxury or louisvuitton.com. That is when using Fashionphile makes sense to me. I am comfortable with their authentication process. They've removed the "what if it's fake?" worry. Peace of mind, when purchasing online, is priceless. Happy shopping!

I stand by what I said on the other thread. I don't trust her. The fact that someone purports to be an expert in LV authentication and lists for sale fake bags is not someone I would ever purchase from, under any circumstances.

Sure - she speaks well. Attorneys do and I've heard the rumor that she is an attorney, which I don't know one way or the other if this is true. Attorneys also advertise and solicit their services and get criminals off. I think the bags are overpriced, but more importantly, I would always worry about authenticity. There is no excuse for fakes "sliding by," and not being caught.

As any attorney would know, ignorance is not a defense in any court of law and selling fakes is a criminal offense. Just because purportedly they were found by people on the forum or elsewhere before actually being sold, doesn't make it any more right to list as authentic bags that infringe on copyright and patent law. Despite someone being a good verbal or written orator, it doesn't negate the fact that she listed fakes for sale. If they hadn't been "found," they clearly would have been sold and someone would have been out hundreds of dollars for a cheap, counterfeit handbag. That's enough for me.

If an attorney has a paralegal working for them in their office and that paralegal commits legal malpractice, the attorney as supervisor is ethically and legally as responsible as if she had commited the malpractice herself under most state and federal laws in this country. If she is running a business founded partially on her claim of a reputation for authentic handbags, and doesn't monitor that business to the point where she is listing counterfeit bags for sale, it does not make me have any piece of mind whatsoever that it could or would not happen again. It's shoddy business at the least and borders on unethical. Indeed, if she was an attorney and sold a fake, knowingly or unknowningly, she could lose her license to practice or be suspended, depending on the state in which she practices.

I do not buy the lack of knowledge or the "people working under me did it," as any kind of defense, nor would it stand up in a court of law. I agree she has come on here in a non-defensive posture, but attorneys are good at that. It doesn't change the facts. She listed counterfeits.

To say, "only a few slid by me," - like "oops - missed those couple of really bad fakes," does not make me confident about purchasing from her, at any time, for any reason. But I do agree, she writes well.

Last edited:
I've read this thread from start to finish. In Fashionphile's defense, I must say I've bought from their website and their eBay auctions, with nary an issue. I only get items that are in good overall condition. That Neverfull the OP mentioned would not have passed my "good overall condition" test. This is a relatively old thread, the OP wrote this in February 2008, well before I became addicted to LV. In addition to getting items that are in good overall condition, I usually go for LEs, something that has been discontinued, or is very difficult to come by on eLuxury or louisvuitton.com. That is when using Fashionphile makes sense to me. I am comfortable with their authentication process. They've removed the "what if it's fake?" worry. Peace of mind, when purchasing online, is priceless. Happy shopping!

With all due respect, I completely disagree. Do a search and you will find that they have been caught selling fakes, as C-M stated above.

They're human and mistakes happen, but you simply cannot blindly trust anyone selling second-hand designer goods. You can't.

Points taken charleston-mom "I stand by what I said on the other thread. I don't trust her. The fact that someone purports to be an expert in LV authentication and lists for sale fake bags is not someone I would ever purchase from, under any circumstances.” and missbanff “With all due respect, I completely disagree. Do a search and you will find that they have been caught selling fakes, as C-M stated above. They're human and mistakes happen, but you simply cannot blindly trust anyone selling second-hand designer goods. You can't." I did a search well before I even saw this thread and saw that they were caught selling fakes. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions (that’s what makes the U.S. great). I will still continue to do business with Fashionphile, in spite of the “fakes issue” (I do believe the two were isolated incidents – the Fendi and MC Speedy) and I hope someone who has never done business with Fashionphile will not be swayed by this thread to make a snap judgment against them.

The issue for me, and it's just a personal decision for each of us, is that the wondering whether I had a Triple AAA fake (or even a not so good fake) would spoil the enjoyment of my bag.

I personally don't believe in giving second, third and fourth chances when people are listing counterfeit items, especially when they claim to be authentication experts. Once would be enough, but 2-3 times? Then I have a real issue.

I agree we all have to make our own decisions who we purchase from. This is just one seller I wouldn't personally purchase from. I think the first time it happened should have been enough that it should never have happened again. When it did, and more than once, then you have at the least poor management at one of the spectrum, and at the other end of the spectrum - - selling fakes and hoping not to be caught.

I am glad that perhaps people will see this and at least go into it with their eyes wide open. I certainly would get double and triple authentication for anything I considered for her.

Personally, it's the ethics of it for me, so even if something was authenticated, I wouldn't purchase a bag from her on principal. Listing counterfeit bags, multiple times, just really bothers me.

^^(Meant for paradise_valley)I respect your opinion, totally. Were all adults here (well, mostly) and I would never expect us all to have the same thoughts on everything LV. How boring!

Personally, I have never bought from them (I think I mentioned this way earlier in this thread?) BUT: I would give them a chance, for sure- if they had a bag I wanted and thought the price was fair. Hopefully, anyone who has NOT done business with them would be smart enough to conduct their own research, and then decide. I know I have. I'm not trying to change your mind, you have made your decision and if YOU are comfortable with it, that's all that matters.

The point we have to remember is that anyone who is considering a purchase of a used bag (LV or otherwise) is taking a gamble- and should ALWAYS seek opinions, whether it's from the experts here or paying the likes of Caroldiva, BEFORE the purchase. It's just an extra precaution- there is no such thing as an absolute "trustworthy" re-seller, IMO. Sure, a buyer's comfort level is probably higher with someone like Fashionphile, but mistakes happen, and purchases should definitely be checked.

Just an FYI- they also had a fake LV Pap listed within the last 6 months or so and literally just a few DAYS ago had a fake Dior gaucho listed (per the gals in CD forum).

Last edited:
they are obviously hoping someone who knows nothing about LV pricing and not having physical access to the stores to purchase the item? and we all know that there are Louis fanatics out there who are willing to pay premium for something they got to have :graucho:

I am not an expert when it comes to LV prices, but in my opinion, most of their items are sold for a bit too much. and without checking, I do believe that she is not making a profit from postage, but she IS obviously trying to sell items at a preimum price to others because they are a business and trying to make a profit?!!

bottom of the story is, if the price is good, i will buy from them, same goes for every other Ebay purchase :smile:

charleston-mom, “I am glad that perhaps people will see this and at least go into it with their eyes wide open.” Eyes wide open is all I hope for.

missbanff, “Just an FYI- they also had a fake LV Pap listed within the last 6 months or so and literally just a few DAYS ago had a fake Dior gaucho listed (per the gals in CD forum).” I pm’d Fashionphile about this.

I think John will be pleased to see that we are playing nice.