What image does LV send VS Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I find all puffing and posturing very amusing. People who have style and class don't tell you they have it-you can see it for yourself. They are people of quality and integrity and that is something that can't be bought. There are plenty of trashy people who buy expensive possessions and there are people who live in poverty who have the dignity of royalty. Some of us need to grow up and realize that reality. Things like handbags are accessories-their value is in the pleasure they give us. They don't make us better people. They don't make us better than other people. Choose the brand and style that makes you happy and don't worry about the rest. I consider my Coach Miranda a luxurious bag. The Atlantic color makes me smile! :smile: That's all that matters to me.
ITA!!! Hands down!!! Been using LV for 15 years but for someone to say that LV is only made for beautiful people?!?!?!?:cursing:. Carrying a coach doesnt make a person any less. I would love to own a coach sometime!!!

It seems like where I live, no one ever has authentic LV, Coach or ANYTHING. There are fakes galore :throwup:. I would say that Coach is a huge step up from Guess or Nine West or something, but it is not "designer" if that makes sense.

Coach is affordable luxury as, Dooney & Bourke and Kate Spade are, even Marc by Marc Jacobs. Each one of these lines contain bags that are designed of good quality. I read somewhere a comparison to Guess bags. NOPE. Those are in a separate league. Guess bags are along the lines of Baby Phat, JLO, etc I call those starter luxe, younger trendsetters.

All these bags are in a league of their own. What makes any of these purses stylish is the person carrying them.

Mixing it up is the way to go!

Cant compare bags from different designers. Only that our LV bags never go on sale!

I have to say I find all puffing and posturing very amusing. People who have style and class don't tell you they have it-you can see it for yourself. They are people of quality and integrity and that is something that can't be bought. There are plenty of trashy people who buy expensive possessions and there are people who live in poverty who have the dignity of royalty. Some of us need to grow up and realize that reality. Things like handbags are accessories-their value is in the pleasure they give us. They don't make us better people. They don't make us better than other people. Choose the brand and style that makes you happy and don't worry about the rest. I consider my Coach Miranda a luxurious bag. The Atlantic color makes me smile! :smile: That's all that matters to me.

:woohoo::okay:

There's always going to be this "handbag hierarchy", at the top is Hermes, then Chanel, then LV, then Coach, then, I don't know...maybe Guess? Liz Claiborne?..whatever. It's sad that those who own the upper end handbags feel they have to put down those who carry the lower end bags.

I have one Coach tote that I use for football games so I don't worry if beer is spilled on it or someone steps on it! Otherwise, I see it at the mall and just can't find anything I like. HOWEVER, I LOVE their purse charms :smile:

So for image, I think they are appealing to a younger crowd that can afford $100-200 on a bag (teenagers, young 20s). And are probably appealing more to the middle-class.
I think the case in point.....I live in an area of about 500,000 people. The average income in this entire area is about 30,000 (wide variation...one suburb the average income is more than double that). Very diverse ethnicities, etc. The mall that it is located in houses your typical mall stores like Forever21, Gap, etc. The most 'high end' store in the mall is Banana Republic. This mall is no SCP or anything. So if Coach was 'luxury' they wouldn't be in this mall!

"TIffanys are coming to malls near you"

"The company plans to open 70 such stores at a pace of three to five per year, with the first one opening in 2008."

Does that no longer make tiffany a luxury brand

Coach opened at the Queens mall in NY. I believe its very high end for that mall. Yeah theirs BR, AEXCH, this is something quite different for the mall.

Hermes and Chanel addicts can attack LV. In the end all of us here in the forum are a brand whore of some kind.

I love LV but there is no need to brand hate. Cant we all get along in this purse world! :tender:

There's always going to be this "handbag hierarchy", at the top is Hermes, then Chanel, then LV, then Coach, then, I don't know...maybe Guess? Liz Claiborne?..whatever. It's sad that those who own the upper end handbags feel they have to put down those who carry the lower end bags.
I second that! Owning an LV isnt a status symbol. I know people who own LVs but are in serious debt! They live frm paycheck to paycheck but think that having an LV bag would dismiss any assumptions about their current financial troubles. How sad. To me, a bag is a bag. It serves a purpose.......to carry our daily essentials! It must be a horrible feeling to have an LV when you aint got nothing in your bank account and have massive bills to pay!!! Lets just love our bags and stop making them rule our being. There are millions of starving people in this world who can hardly eat 3x a day and here we are getting catty about who's who! We are all in here to shallowly obssess about LV but lets not get too serious to the point of looking down those who dont own one. We are here to admire bags and own them because we love them but not to prove our worth!

When you go into Louis Vuitton, you see sophisticated men and women that appreciate style. As a represenative of Louis Vuitton at the Oslo boutique opening, Louis Vuitton is made only for beautiful people. Nothing else.

Ok, that is really, really ignorant. Everyone is beautiful so everyone deserves to buy what they want, especially if that's a Louis Vuitton bag.

Coach is definitely not a luxury brand. There's too many running around, and where I live it's like a dime a dozen and there's a big difference with the type of people that carry coach vs. LV.
I didn't mind coach when they were still made here in the U.S. The "glove tanned leather" was thick and very durable. Now they are made in China and the quality imo (only my opinion, don't throw things at me:lecture:) are inferior. That's why a lot of them end up in their outlet stores.

so how much $$$ defines luxury.. i know coach has their $10,000 purses too...
what's the difference between me that carries a coach today and me that carries an LV tomorrow... hmm.. I have both and I'm the same person regardless of what i carry.
so what type of person carries a coach and what type carries a LV? just curious....

Ladies, to be honest, I started this thread for two reasons, I thought it might be fun and I wanted some advice.

On most days, I dress very casual for playdates , errands, etc.. and just wanted some opinions on which handbag I should grab , my Coach or LV. I was thinking that the LV might be a little too formal for the supermarket type of thing.....What's wrong with that question?

I love both handbags and feel they each have their function. Since this was my first LV, I just wanted some harmless feedback. I wasn't trying to offend anyone here nor stir such harsh opinions.

After reading some of these more recent posts, I'll surely think twice before I start another thread or ask a question.

I have LV, coach, chanel, gucci, etc, all sorts of brands. It doesn't matter what brand it is that reflects who you are. It's what makes you happy. I don't think having one brand makes someone better than another. People have different taste. And yes, Coach bags are more affordable than LV, but not everyone has 1k to spend on a bag. I also hear people say, well why not save, instead of buying 2 coach bags, why not buy 1 LV. Well again, people different taste. I don't like the whole bashing on other brands. I love them all. :heart:

Ladies, to be honest, I started this thread for two reasons, I thought it might be fun and I wanted some advice.

On most days, I dress very casual for playdates , errands, etc.. and just wanted some opinions on which handbag I should grab , my Coach or LV. I was thinking that the LV might be a little too formal for the supermarket type of thing.....What's wrong with that question?

I love both handbags and feel they each have their function. Since this was my first LV, I just wanted some harmless feedback. I wasn't trying to offend anyone here nor stir such harsh opinions.

After reading some of these more recent posts, I'll surely think twice before I start another thread or ask a question.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions!
It just seems like your question was taken out of context by a lot of people, especially by the title of the thread. I think people assumed you were meaning something more like, "what do you prefer in general?" :sweatdrop:
I think if you would have asked the "which bag should I carry for ____" question then it would have been better, it kind of turned into a debate on whether or not a certain brand is considered to be luxurious. :Push:

Sooo much drammmaaa going on here, not nice
I wish I knew more about Coach or to have a boutique close to where I live, I have a friend from USA here and has a Coach handbag I think is pretty, it looks rather trendy I would say maybe that is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.