What image does LV send VS Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, I think Coach bags are cute and they are worn in my area by wealthy women. I used to wear them until I bought my first LV.

Same here. I own several Coach bags, and keep them nicely stored away. I have now developed an attraction to LV. I do admire a nice Coach bag when I'm out...:yes:

:tup:

Ok...dictionary.com defines luxury in this way: "a material object, service, etc., conducive to sumptuous living, usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than a necessity."
When using this definitition, both LVs and Coach fall into the same category...they are not a NECESSITY, but a material object we take pleasure in owning. Just because they aren't of the same quality and price range doesn't make them polar opposites. To use another example, we can say that some consider a tv or dvd player to be a "luxury", does it really matter who it's made by? It's not a necessity of living, so yes, that too can be considered a luxury.
I guess I just don't get the whole "lets bash Coach" thing. We have to remember that people do still like it, whether we do or not (I do, as I said before); sure it's not LV but no one ever said it was. The OP wanted to know what IMAGE LV sends versus Coach.
Just remember, we don't like it when people talk badly about LV so it's probably best not to talk the same way about Coach. ;)

That is a good point. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I sometimes go to Chanel and Hermes section of the Purse Forum and they sometimes make fun of our Louis Vuitton section. I remember when the photo thread with the Louis Vuitton bags was posted and they called us words I do not want to repeat. They weren't good at all.
who? Where?:confused1:

Well, this is a LV thread, hence many LV supporters here. Perhaps can post in Coach thread, or even in Chanel thread, with new heading: What image does LV send VS Chanel VS Coach? I'm sure u'll get plenty of firings here and there.

In my area, I see plenty of LVs around. Both fake and authentics, easily seen. Coach is common over here too. But if we carry the bags, and think of the image that our bags are giving, i guess, we are all being snobbish then. To each his own, I believe more in "What image do you send across to people?"

Very well said. I totally agree. The bag does not make the lady. Someone could look very classy carrying a LV or someone could look very trashy carrying a LV (Britney comes to mind). It's not the bag in your hand that will make you look sophisticated and classy. It's the way you carry yourself, your demeanor, and your personal style.

As for me - I like Coach and LV equally. There's nothing about LV that makes me love my Coach bags any less. I think they're both very different brands and people can find good things about both of them. Coach isn't the "poor man's vuitton" or on the same level as Guess bags. And yes, they have outlets, but so do Burberry, Gucci, and Prada. Coach may not be on the same price level as LV, but that doesn't make it trash carried by teenagers. Do some research into the company and you could find yourself surprised at what you find. Coach appeals to a wide demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamazon Huntress
I would say Coach is affordable luxury. They still make expensive handbags that a lot of people cannot afford or who think is pricey to spend on a handbag. LV uses a lot of the same mass market appeal with their logo bags as does Coach. But LV I think has better quality and of course they are more expensive than Coach. To me, Coach says you like luxury but don't feel the need or can't afford to buy LV.

Yeah I agree.
And IMO, there's nothing wrong with Coach at all..their shoes, scarves and accessories are cute (over the summer I added about 6 pairs of shoes, a wristlet and a ponytail scarf to my collection), the bags are nice. I started out with Coach before I went to LV and Chanel so I have nothing bad to say about them (and really, don't understand when people feel the need to act like even MENTIONING Coach is a terrible thing). :nogood:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Glamazon Huntress and Rebecca! :yes:

I go for Coach because I have to pay for my bags myself...I'm in high school and the places here require you to be at least 16-18 to have a job; I'm only 15 right now. They still have good quality and a lot of really cute styles and accessories and they're still a premier designer of handbags...when I think bags, I think Chanel, LV, Coach [and now Balenciaga....:P] but they are at an affordable, and reasonable, price. Remember, not all of us have so much money to spend on bags, everyone has a different budget and situation. When I have more to spend, I'll add some LV to my collection but it's not like as soon as I own an LV, I'm going to feel like I'm too "high class" for Coach. If you like the bag, then buy it! Geez, what does price and class really have to do with anything anyways? :rolleyes:

When you go into Louis Vuitton, you see sophisticated men and women that appreciate style. As a represenative of Louis Vuitton at the Oslo boutique opening, Louis Vuitton is made only for beautiful people. Nothing else.

Just because someone walks into a LV boutique, doesn't mean they appreciate or have style. They may only have money. Style has nothing to do with money. Some people have style yet choose not to carry LV and some carry LV yet have no style or class. In my naive little world, I consider all people beautiful people. Regardless of race, creed, economic and social standing and regardless of what bag brand they carry, luxury or otherwise .... all people are beautiful people. Even ones who berate and belittle others. Just my honest and respectful opinion.

And I've owned (and still own) LV. I owned an Epi Petit Noe which I sold, didn't like it. I owned a Damier Speedy that I sold, not me. I considered an Ellipse PM, again not me. I own a mini pochette and cles in azur damier and I love them. But I love my Coach bags too. It's my personal preference and for me, they are luxury. They are not cheap, they are well made and to say otherwise makes me feel like I have no taste and am incapable of choosing items that are quality. But that's life. I'll continue to buy Coach and love them. And when I see something LV that I like, I'll buy it and love it. Thanks for allowing me to express my opinion.

I have to say I find all puffing and posturing very amusing. People who have style and class don't tell you they have it-you can see it for yourself. They are people of quality and integrity and that is something that can't be bought. There are plenty of trashy people who buy expensive possessions and there are people who live in poverty who have the dignity of royalty. Some of us need to grow up and realize that reality. Things like handbags are accessories-their value is in the pleasure they give us. They don't make us better people. They don't make us better than other people. Choose the brand and style that makes you happy and don't worry about the rest. I consider my Coach Miranda a luxurious bag. The Atlantic color makes me smile! :smile: That's all that matters to me.

I like both coach and lv, but I do consider LV to be more luxurious, as far as affordability and being fashion-forward (ie. off the runway).

However, I would still consider Coach a luxury item, just not a high-fashion luxury item. Coach sends an image of quality and luxury, but I think it's more structured and business-like and for casual use. I think the image LV sends is more high-fashion than Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.