What funny excuses have you used to cover your new mulberry purchases from your bfs?

ruthie_1

May 12, 2011
I've used the following:

"I've bought this ages ago"
"I've used this loads of times – have you not seen it?"
"I've told you about this bag ages ago – did you not listen?"
"It was a bargain!"

When I bought my neely ... I just moved in with my bf and when I used it straightaway... He said 'when did you get that?'. I said, oh, I left it at my parents house... and he said "Why would you leave your mulberry bag at your parents?" (especially he knew full well I moved my ENTIRE bag collection when I moved in our flat!!
:lol:

Well I'm a expecting a parcel next week. I told my OH I've ordered rainbow magic fairy books from ebay for 7yr old dd, (which I have aswell) so he wont be too suspicious. But I'll need to use one of your classic lines when I pluck up the courage to bring it out of the closet. Or I could tell him I sold one of my bags, so 1 in 1 out, he cant object to that. Its only a little white lie. My OH does it all the time with bl**** trainers, so he cant say anything. lol

Ooh... what did you buy?

I tend to send all my items to either my work place or my parents house - hence the excuse 'i left it at my parent's house'!

Oh! I'll keep you in suppense a while longer. Its dark and older-dont know if its me yet, as I've not sen one IRL.

I would have parcels delivered to my parents but then my mother would give me a disapproving look. That makes me feel about 12 yrs old ago and sneeked a biscuit from the kitchen again.
I try to suss out if OH if is good mood and then reveal. Or if he buys himself something then I'll say funnily enough so have I. A bit of tit for tat! :biggrin:

Oh! I'll keep you in suppense a while longer. Its dark and older-dont know if its me yet, as I've not sen one IRL.

I would have parcels delivered to my parents but then my mother would give me a disapproving look. That makes me feel about 12 yrs old ago and sneeked a biscuit from the kitchen again.
I try to suss out if OH if is good mood and then reveal. Or if he buys himself something then I'll say funnily enough so have I. A bit of tit for tat! :biggrin:

Surely his trainers are a fraction of the price of your purchases?!!

Please do show pics once you get it.

I'm on handbag ban now.

I have too many Ruthie and am a technophobe so no albums- sometimes kind people upload pics for me from time to time!! one day- if OH is away I will get them all out of hiding and do some pics!

Now please don't trip over my halo ladies but I can say with all honesty that my DH knows about all my bags and how much they cost. I always tell him (note the word tell not ask) before I make a purchase and always have. He has never complained (yet) and I'm sure it's because I'm honest with him.

^^ Can we please have him cloned LadyBo?? My Dh is far too clued into the whole Mulberry thing for my liking....lol

I have a good excuse now for my next bag 'introduction' - I just tell him it's a bag swop. I'm sure he won't remember whether it ever got swopped back or - even better - what it was swopped for....;)

My OH only has himself to blame for introducing me to the mad bag world. He bought me my first roxanne. Bet he regrets it now, though.
I ignore him all the time while I stalk ebay, check M.com, scour the net, MYW and NAP new arrivals and *chatter* on here.....but I'm happy, stops me nagging him.

I have too many Ruthie and am a technophobe so no albums- sometimes kind people upload pics for me from time to time!! one day- if OH is away I will get them all out of hiding and do some pics!

Wow - you must really own many many gorgeous bags! Please do some pics if you ever have the time!! Really would love to see it all! :smile:

I don't have that many which is why I can just get them out in one go...

I haven't yet took a picture of my non-mulberry bags yet...