What funny excuses have you used to cover your new mulberry purchases from your bfs?

I need tips on how to get the OH to get you handbags?

My OH does not believe in spending hundreds of ££ on handbags and always ask how many arms do I have when I pick up a handbag in the shops!

Although I did get his seal of approval of the Edie...!

^^ Can we please have him cloned LadyBo?? My Dh is far too clued into the whole Mulberry thing for my liking....lol

I have a good excuse now for my next bag 'introduction' - I just tell him it's a bag swop. I'm sure he won't remember whether it ever got swopped back or - even better - what it was swopped for....;)

Bag swap! That's a good one.
Also rental websites! Could say it's "rented"??!

haha!

I have a good excuse now for my next bag 'introduction' - I just tell him it's a bag swop. I'm sure he won't remember whether it ever got swopped back or - even better - what it was swopped for....;)

This is what I will be using from now on Mssw. DH won't be able to keep track of what's actually mine, what's a swop, what's in the house or what's on a bag holiday!

My bf actually knows what an Alexa now!! :smile:

Not going to bother teaching him anymore....

Luckily I don't have a wish list... yet.... so no more lying to him for a little while...

My husband just gave up! He resented me for having (and wanting) three Mulberry bags when I started my "bag-thing". Now he's fine with 8 :balloon:. He knows I can sell them and never make a loss - and I have sacrificed one or two just to please him in the past.

The other day I told him I made an agreement with my DD. She was going to loose weight and I was not going to buy any more bags (both addicted :P). He asked if that was worth it to me and said: "Oh well, you can always buy them again next month". YAY!!!

My husband doesn't care, but it is me, that feels guilty about buying so much for myself.... :graucho:

Anyway, I most certainly cannot fool him. He knows at once when I have a new bag. However I tend to keep my bags in the closet for a while because I always have to get used to a new bag (funny, I know). So by the time they are allowed to come out of the closet I can honestly say 'it's not a new bag, I've had it for a while, just haven't used it yet' :lolots:

My husband doesn't care, but it is me, that feels guilty about buying so much for myself.... :graucho:

Anyway, I most certainly cannot fool him. He knows at once when I have a new bag. However I tend to keep my bags in the closet for a while because I always have to get used to a new bag (funny, I know). So by the time they are allowed to come out of the closet I can honestly say 'it's not a new bag, I've had it for a while, just haven't used it yet' :lolots:

Me too! I have that same issue... i tend to get it out and look at it... stroke it.. and then put it back in the dust bag!

Thank god I didn't use my Alexa yesterday... it was pouring by the time i left work! but my poorly battered Bays took it all... :sad:

I have a generally unobservant SO and the expensive stuff comes from my own account so he doesn't see the bills.

He was blissfully unaware of just what bags can cost until my not so dear son spotted one of my Radley bags and "outed" me. He even told my partner how much Radley costs ( his girlfriend just got one). It took him an hour to cope with the idea of £150 for a bag.

He did spot the next new bag being sensitised to the topic but I just answered sweetly that he wasn't to worry as it wasn't a Radley (!)

Somehow I didn't feel the need to explain that it was Mulberry and 3X the price!

I have a generally unobservant SO and the expensive stuff comes from my own account so he doesn't see the bills.

He was blissfully unaware of just what bags can cost until my not so dear son spotted one of my Radley bags and "outed" me. He even told my partner how much Radley costs ( his girlfriend just got one). It took him an hour to cope with the idea of £150 for a bag.

He did spot the next new bag being sensitised to the topic but I just answered sweetly that he wasn't to worry as it wasn't a Radley (!)

Somehow I didn't feel the need to explain that it was Mulberry and 3X the price!

i buy my own bags too...
let's hope he never finds about any of your Mulberry bags! x

My OH only has himself to blame for introducing me to the mad bag world. He bought me my first roxanne. Bet he regrets it now, though.

I think my BF can identify with that - he bought me my first 'expensive' bag (a LV speedy) years ago. I was merely trying it on for fun and he insisted on getting it for me (you know, 6 months into a relationship and everything is still lovey-dovey). That was the start of my little bag habit.

Seven years and countless LVs, Guccis, MiuMius, Pradas and a couple of Mulberrys later, he has given up on me. When I 'introduce' a new purchase, I always use one of the many 'excuses' OT listed - only thing is that I'm not sure if I'm justifying it more to myself than anything. To his credit, he's attuned to words like bayswater, alexa, oak, braided handle, turnlock and many other brands too :lol:

My fiance always comments on my bags and asks me how much they cost (!) but we still keep separate finances apart from bills so he can't really say much! He doesn't believe in spending hundreds of pounds on handbags but he spends big ££ on playstations and other consoles as he is a massive game fanatic, so I justify my purchases by saying this is my 'thing' that I love to buy! I also do peddle out the 'oh that? I've had it for ages, haven't you seen it before' excuse quite a lot....!

I have bought a preloved Mulberry (my darling Mabel) and a Chloe Paddington recently so he was quite impressed at how much money I saved whilst still managing to get a virtually new looking bag, so that kept him quiet for a bit! Now I stress that I am either buying a bag secondhand or selling an old one to fund a new one, both of which he can't really argue with! He has also realised from looking at some preloved ads on the net with me how Mulberry does hold it's value even secondhand, so I will always recoup pretty close to what I spent if I ever want to sell anything.