What funny excuses have you used to cover your new mulberry purchases from your bfs?

Well we have had joint bank accounts since i was 19 so hard to get a seperate one now !! However my Mulberry habit started this January with a John Lewis credit card/store card on 6 months 0% finance, so home came my oak Mitzy messenger. Also we run a business together so he knows exactly how much money I get. I have to finance my Mulberry habit by selling on Ebay and now buying pre loved on there too.
I too have used all of the above lines. He collects really expensive records so i always say why pay £500 for a record that gets played once then sits on the shelt , at least I use my bags !!

My fiance always comments on my bags and asks me how much they cost (!) but we still keep separate finances apart from bills so he can't really say much! He doesn't believe in spending hundreds of pounds on handbags but he spends big ££ on playstations and other consoles as he is a massive game fanatic, so I justify my purchases by saying this is my 'thing' that I love to buy! I also do peddle out the 'oh that? I've had it for ages, haven't you seen it before' excuse quite a lot....!

I have bought a preloved Mulberry (my darling Mabel) and a Chloe Paddington recently so he was quite impressed at how much money I saved whilst still managing to get a virtually new looking bag, so that kept him quiet for a bit! Now I stress that I am either buying a bag secondhand or selling an old one to fund a new one, both of which he can't really argue with! He has also realised from looking at some preloved ads on the net with me how Mulberry does hold it's value even secondhand, so I will always recoup pretty close to what I spent if I ever want to sell anything.

I haven't yet bought a preloved Mulberry before... I do browse on Ebay but just so terrified of getting conned! I guess you've been lucky with your preloved purchases... good for you!

If there was a preloved nude Neely... i'll be definitely interested... although I know have competition from Elvis!

Well we have had joint bank accounts since i was 19 so hard to get a seperate one now !! However my Mulberry habit started this January with a John Lewis credit card/store card on 6 months 0% finance, so home came my oak Mitzy messenger. Also we run a business together so he knows exactly how much money I get. I have to finance my Mulberry habit by selling on Ebay and now buying pre loved on there too.
I too have used all of the above lines. He collects really expensive records so i always say why pay £500 for a record that gets played once then sits on the shelt , at least I use my bags !!

£500 on a record? Surely a handbag is definitely more worth it!! :smile:

I sold one of my mulberry bags and I'm still heart broken over it... even though I haven't used it for the past 5 years!

I just try to make sure he is at work when parcels are delivered and then hide the evidence!!
Me too, then they get hidden away for a while ( TORTURE as i so want to use them straight away) when they finally reveal themselves my response is: ' oh, ive had it for ages' just haven't used it for a while, do you really not remember it? Terrible isn't it but whats a girl to do, the male of the species dosen't seem to understand these things :lol:

I haven't yet bought a preloved Mulberry before... I do browse on Ebay but just so terrified of getting conned! I guess you've been lucky with your preloved purchases... good for you!

If there was a preloved nude Neely... i'll be definitely interested... although I know have competition from Elvis!

I was exactly the same until fairly recently! I used to look on Ebay but was terrified of getting a fake so decided to investigate other preloved sites. Love Handbags and Bagnificent are both good for buying preloved (LH has better quality ones in better condition but they are quite pricey - although I did find my Mabel on there) and I recently discovered Yoogi's Closet (based in the US) which has some lovely bags and it is cheap to buy in the US at the moment with sterling being around £0.61 against the dollar. www.chicandseek.com and www.dresseronline.co.uk are also both very good and both were started by ex fashionistas (the founder of Chic and Seek used to work for Anya Hindmarch). I bought my Paddington from Dresser Online and there is an actual shop in London where you can go and browse if you want to try on the bags in person.

Me too, then they get hidden away for a while ( TORTURE as i so want to use them straight away) when they finally reveal themselves my response is: ' oh, ive had it for ages' just haven't used it for a while, do you really not remember it? Terrible isn't it but whats a girl to do, the male of the species dosen't seem to understand these things :lol:

Ha ha, this made me laugh as this will be me tomorrow - I have bought several bags recently and succumbed to a gorgeous Mitzy hobo from Shepton Mallet today which is arriving tomorrow, so already planning to hide the evidence!!! I'm hoping the postman will arrive after he has gone to work (I work from home) and then there won't be any packaging to explain away!! :biggrin:

I talk about mulberrys far too much for my bf not to notice a new one. I once left him and my mum alone in selfridges and came back to find him telling my mum what they were all called and what they were made out of.

I tell him that I could spend £500 a week on crack so really, he's lucky that I'm buying something much less dangerous every now and again!

I have the opposite problem.....
Hubby is always very supportive of new Mulberry bag purchases as I work hard to afford them. The real issue is my close friends and sister. Only today I found myself having to do a quick bag swap before a lunch date so that my friend didn't catch sight of my latest purchase......
Does anyone else out there get really comments/remarks from friends? Sometimes I feel really guilty and it drives me nuts!!

Hubby is always very supportive of new Mulberry bag purchases as I work hard to afford them. The real issue is my close friends and sister. Only today I found myself having to do a quick bag swap before a lunch date so that my friend didn't catch sight of my latest purchase......
Does anyone else out there get really comments/remarks from friends? Sometimes I feel really guilty and it drives me nuts!!
Himself is really getting into bags now and learning to appreciate them but I've never dared take any of my high-end bags near my mum. She would immediately spot a new bag and ask where I got it from, and be beyond horrified. She thought my Tula was posh. I take my trusty old Longchamp Pliage whenever I go there for lunch.

I have a good friend who was waxing lyrical about the brilliant fake Mulberry that a mate of hers had just bought in China so I tend to be wary around her too now. I don't want to get into that whole discussion.

My BF is getting into the whole idea and is fine with it and even knows the names etc., he admires nice things and would happily have a jacket costing £400 or whatever, but he still doesn't understand why I need so many bags. My ex however had a very different take on things, I remember when I was about 20 being in love with a Vivienne Westwood bag which was about £300 (a bargain by my standards now) and he said he felt sick at the idea and I was stupid for even thinking about it, I suppose he's my ex for a reason...

One of my best friends is really into shoes and loves CLs but doesn't get the whole bag thing, the other is always complaining she has no money and how can I afford these things so I don't talk to her about it and would try not to take anything new when I see her. Funny thing is I buy these things myself and have never had gifts from my BF or parents even through uni whereas her dad bought her a car recently and paid for a lot of things to furnish her new house, go figure.

Himself is really getting into bags now and learning to appreciate them but I've never dared take any of my high-end bags near my mum. She would immediately spot a new bag and ask where I got it from, and be beyond horrified. She thought my Tula was posh. I take my trusty old Longchamp Pliage whenever I go there for lunch.

I have a good friend who was waxing lyrical about the brilliant fake Mulberry that a mate of hers had just bought in China so I tend to be wary around her too now. I don't want to get into that whole discussion.

Nope, me neither my mum would have a fit if she knew how much I spent on things, lucky for me she's not very observant and wouldn't notice a branded bag unless it was very obvious. I was once with her and my sister and took out my phone to check the time, my sister laughed and said it was hilarious I carried a £10 phone (I'm so not into technology) in a £XXX bag, I wanted the ground to open up but luckily my mum didn't hear.

Well thank goodness I'm not the only person who has to consider which bag to take with me when meeting friends and family members. It's just easier not to use new bags than to get in to the whole awkward conversation.........

I totally agree with this, I only have one friend who spends a lot of money on handbags - the others don't get it at all and I would feel embarassed if they clocked me with a Mulberry or Chloe as I wouldn't want them to think I was extravagant. This is so silly as one of the ones I know would be most disapproving spends silly money (hundreds) on expensive meals, hotels and weekends away with her boyfriend all the time whereas we only go away once a year and limit our meals out to around once a month! Also, most of my friends drive and maintain cars whereas I don't so I am saving a lot of money just from that... it's all about what you prioritise I guess!

My own family knows. But my parents and other relatives just don't have a clue, just as most of my friends and collegues. My sister knows, but she does not even use a handbag, she would never say anything stupid, she knows I don't want anyone to know. In my small town not many people know/carry M so I feel pretty incognito. There are a couple of collegues that have fake m's, but I would never discuss it with any of them. I have a very close friend that shares the love for M for a couple of years back.