What do you use to store jewelry when traveling?

Look at Smythson of Bond Street (Smythson.com), you’ll find everything you need there. I use this Smythson Jewelry roll and I’m more than happy with it.

View attachment 5601588View attachment 5601589
I don’t use anything to store my jewelry in while traveling because I do not travel with jewelry other than what I wear. I don’t need to be worrying about it nor do I need to be flaunting it.

My new travel case arrived from Leatherology. I already fastened a necklace inside, which was got so tangled last year, it took days to disentangle using a dental tool. Never again!

Aside from the necklace storage, there is a roll for rings or hooped earrings, a tab for earrings and then a few zippered pockets.

Very pleased!

Attachments

• 17043213828579144392156776986203.jpg
    17043213828579144392156776986203.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 1704321455419840126709075658581.jpg
    1704321455419840126709075658581.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Love
Reactions: Zizzy and etudes
I don’t use anything to store my jewelry in while traveling because I do not travel with jewelry other than what I wear. I don’t need to be worrying about it nor do I need to be flaunting it.
I respect your consistent attitude, but isn't flaunting the general idea behind jewelry?

I respect your consistent attitude, but isn't flaunting the general idea behind jewelry?
I don’t agree that flaunting, per se is the idea for me. I never buy jewelry for myself. All my pieces are sentimental gifts from my husband so in effect I guess I am flaunting his love for me. But I have to be practical, too and I don’t want to make myself a target when traveling to any tourist zones. Also, even in the best hotels the safes are not secure.

Reactions: blushnbellinlvoe
How do you all travel with multiple pieces of jewelry? Do you use the individual travel pouches from vca or use some other kind of travel jewelry case to store everything? Or do you wear all jewelry while traveling and never take it off? Curious to hear your suggestions.

I don't own VCA but I have other fine jewelry.
Yes I travel with multiple pieces.
Everything is on my person and only certain items (like a watch) gets taken off when in the shower or when I'm asleep (the only time the travel pouch is used). Other than that, it's always on me where I can see them and feel them.

I do not trust hotels in general and depending on the location, don't trust the safe either.

If it's a short stay, less than 4 nights, I put a do-no-disturb sign on my door. I don't need sheets changed everyday nor do I need new towels. The less people come in and the less often they come in, the better.

I personally tend to wear one set of jewelry on shorter trips (ie 4 days or less) that will work with each outfit. Less chance of losing something!

If it is a longer trip or includes a special occasion where I would want to wear different jewelry, I bring a small travel case that I keep on me in my carryon bag, then use the hotel safe when not in use.

Reactions: hhw
I only have one VCA piece (6 motif necklace) and I dislike travel pouches provided by jewelers, so I don’t use mine.
I prefer a nylon Prada cosmetic bag that can be stuffed with smaller, lighter pouches or not. I usually separate earrings into tiny resealable plastic bags (that are used for meds). I wear my bracelets during times I am awake, and store them in the hotel safe otherwise. I tend to travel with pieces that I like to wear daily, assuming the location is appropriate.

Last edited:
I swap between a Diane von Furstenberg travel jewellery case in soft nylon and loads of little compartments (but it's been discontinued), a Smythson navy Mara small jewellery roll, or a Monica Vinader leather oval jewellery box (again, between the standard oval and the mini oval ones).

Links below:

I normally wear a few rings and limit to 1 bracelet and 1 necklace when I travel, I only take them off when I shower and sleep so I leave them on the table/night stand and next morning I wear them again lol

Usually the item I bring matches with all my outfits during the trip...I do the same with long or short trips...I don't even know why I have travel pouches if I never use them 😂

Only one set of earrings, a necklace and a watch. They're always on me unless I'm in the shower or going into the pool/beach. I utilize the safe and never have my room cleaned if it's only a week long stay. If I have to take public transportation then I don't wear anything flashy and leave it in the hotel room safe. I don't like attracting unwanted attention when traveling...the less blingy, the better.

Reactions: hhw and eletons