What do you use to store jewelry when traveling?

QuelleFromage

Not my circus, not my monkeys
O.G.
Jan 15, 2011
I looked around for a related thread but only saw an old one about hard cases. I'm looking for a soft pouch to carry my daily jewelry in when I travel - primarily bracelets, but I would put rings and earrings in too when they're not being worn. I was thinking something padded with separate pockets would be ideal. I usually travel with a couple bangles (JuC, CDC) which set off airport security (even though they aren't supposed to!) and maybe 2 rings, plus my e-ring and my right hand ring (I don't take those off except at night).

Anyone have a travel case for jewelry of any kind that you love? :flowers:

Reactions: A bottle of Red
You may find something suitable here. Personally, I have their smaller hard case (with a handle) which has an insert that comes out and can be used separately. My Aunt who traveled a lot used a jewelry roll.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334436593955?hash=item4dddf97123:g:m-wAAOSwRwxcd~bh&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsI2jcjxBTfEfRGuVzLPnPm+J0sobDg0r/0MmDKUjq53DIejygVvP2qRoTmk0RLGnb+QOfsuPZpP5tm2PZ1HNq3B73hUDpsc86E3oTX1bd0gqZxsuvYs5vIZp6vzK+BM9/w5tEUsHDJWkVc2ea8sTbmvfra7TbmWZ9efgUxAVZwnRLGyvnZggjakMo445t9BrWewO6oZPJdseTsIbcQRa3ww0ZUAhc5Dz/V/JSHezf/Op|tkp:Bk9SR77qoMzeYA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115465890988?hash=item1ae24dacac:g:0t0AAOSwbYFg7~5u&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsCYV4cbBjEAfZftm9xu+xPGGA86MOYAuzLkymHJ9KXG5tRUNwBw0nfH+2ag6niDcCYUSSCRdMBCfvBagxz3AlRv/vuoj5ZxpbGvcTlCO80s6KHHE3xwU4dPIdf7sWi7YsmaY7VMgO5Mnj+ST6hXXQexvR7b1aATQHB9i7qwz83sscazYDDUmUf0tKfqmJeyZNtRqv32bHTCg2NsvD7hVR541tBAe030TocPZME9yKqqh|tkp:Bk9SR7LqoMzeYA

This has been the most useful travel organizer I’ve ever had. I have the pop-art pattern, the inside is a solid color. Many Vera Bradley patterns are really not my style and make my eyes cross-eyed. I do wish they made one in a solid color, and leather would be a bonus, but they don’t. Anyway, I added the second link because it has the best pictures, but it’s also one of the pricier listings I think I saw them as low as $12, so if you could live with the pattern you can’t really go wrong. The clear pockets (1 large, 4 med, 6 sm) are great to see everything. Anything that might get tangled (necklaces) go in their own little pocket. Bracelets could go in the med., even in a pouch. I use the large pocket for an assortment of Foot Petals, a couple of bandaids, etc. I even use a med. pkt. for vitamins, antacid, and things in individual snack size ziplocs. Closed, it’s about 8x10, but fairly flat, as compared to a bulky case. It fits nicely in a carry-on tote, though may be too big for a regular handbag.

https://stackers.com/jewellery-boxes/travel-jewellery-boxes

These are nice too. I have a small one, I don’t see it pictured here. The Container Store has some of these in the US. I still end up using my Vera Bradley.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: QuelleFromage
I have a leather travel jewellery case and roll from Pickett London. If I need something lighter I use a Gucci silk bag that came with sunglasses. I was also thinking about buying an H Bastia for taking off earrings or rings when at the gym or yoga (haven't tested that idea yet).

Several years ago Bulgari did a beautiful leather case that came with a specific piece of jewelry
which I am able to carry my watch & several other items in for travel. What appeals to me about this case,
it is not a typical jewelry holder or roll so when it is in my handbag it just looks like an accessory.
I prefer to use accessories in ways they were unattended for use.

Several years ago Bulgari did a beautiful leather case that came with a specific piece of jewelry
which I am able to carry my watch & several other items in for travel. What appeals to me about this case,
it is not a typical jewelry holder or roll so when it is in my handbag it just looks like an accessory.
I prefer to use accessories in ways they were unattended for use.

How interesting that Bvlgari would have something that could be used this way. Would you be able to post a photo if not too much trouble (Bvlgari nut asking here)?

Reactions: A bottle of Red
How interesting that Bvlgari would have something that could be used this way. Would you be able to post a photo if not too much trouble (Bvlgari nut asking here)?

Unfortunately I don't post images.. This is a vintage leather case that I have for at least 25 years. It was
available in a midnight blue, dark burgandy as well as gray & lined in Bvlgari suede given
as a compliment with significant purchases in addition to the boxes that the jewelry came in.
There are Bvlgari pouches on the secondary market that are serviceable for specific items (watches, earrings
& jewelry) so you may want to look there. They are discreet & lovely to have to travel with

I have a leather travel jewellery case and roll from Pickett London. If I need something lighter I use a Gucci silk bag that came with sunglasses. I was also thinking about buying an H Bastia for taking off earrings or rings when at the gym or yoga (haven't tested that idea yet).

How about a 24 or 48?

Reactions: papertiger
I really like these travel bags from The Moonstoned. I have both sizes. The smaller size "Pleasure" fits more than enough rings/bands, has three zip pockets, plenty of room for earrings, and the loops are perfect for bracelets or chains. Picture from website of the larger size "Business"
Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 9.36.12 PM.png

I second the suggestion of Smythson, my friend got me the travel jewellery roll for my birthday and it does the trick if you're not bringing too many items.

This is the one they got me - https://www.smythson.com/uk/navy-small-jewellery-roll-in-mara-1029669.html?cgid=521

For more pieces, I use my Diane Von Furstenberg travel jewellery case - which is incredibly useful - it's soft, so can fit well in your handbag when travelling, and it has a multitude of different compartments for different pieces.

I can't find one retail anymore, but ebay has one in brand new condition.