What do you use to store jewelry when traveling?

I wear things I don't care about losing when traveling. It takes a LOT of the fun of jewelry out of outfits, but the peace of mind is good. I tend to wear replaceable (still in stock at Tiffany or wherever) silver, or lab stones, and a pretty, but replaceable watch. If I want to bring a change, I use jeweler sized tiny ziploc style bags that I store in a small navy mongrammed smythson case that I tuck in my purse.

I used to bring lots of changes and different jewelry, but these days, there is so much weird theft going down, I'm more inclined, when I do travel again, to be very low key.

I travel wearing my diamond studs, Tiffany necklace, Cartier Tank Francais, Love bracelet and rings and only have a few silver and pearl bits and bobs in the jewellery roll.

I’m going to Vietnam and Cambodia soon and travelling around, including on public transport, rather than staying in big resort hotels and for that trip I will leave fine jewellery at home and wear my Luminox Leatherback Turtle watch as I will be kayaking amongst other things. I will really miss my rings as I always wear them. I’d also leave fine jewellery behind travelling to South and Central America for security reasons. My husband had items stolen from a room safe in a luxury hotel in Mexico ☹️

Any jewellery I travel with that I’m not wearing goes in my carry-on handbag in the jewellery roll and doesn’t leave my sight.

I wore my Cartier watch and rings quite happily around Thailand and all over Europe.

Reactions: etudes
I’ve been using Wolf leather cases to store jewellery in for years whilst travelling (and at home), but recently added a Wolf Caroline zipped portfolio case in black which is a game changer! It is so thoughtfully designed and the necklace section is particularly handy as the separate hooks with popper buttons mean that no necklaces get tangled. The portfolio flat design also packs really well into my carry on handbag without taking up too much space.

As far as travelling with jewellery is concerned, I adapt what I take to where I’m going. However, generally I do travel with a small selection of pieces as a holiday without jewellery/with minimal jewellery is not a holiday to this unashamed magpie, LOL.

Reactions: CoastalCouture
I have this in the navy! It’s fabulous. I can’t match your contents though. Wow!
Yes, isn't it fantastic? I like it so much that I wanted to buy the jewelry box too and then I noticed that the color is no longer available. I'm so disappointed because this particular color was also a reason to buy the roll!

I pretty much wear everything I'm traveling with, but depending on the trip I'll bring along a few extra pieces. I have a small jewelry case from Away. I also use it to store my jewelry when I take it off at night when traveling.

I also don't bring more "blingy" things and wear a rubber style "wedding band". It actually floated away when I was swimming in Hawaii last year so once home I just ordered a new, $20 one :smile:. I just got a Cartier Love wedding band but will leave it home when we travel this year and wear the easy to replace rubber ring!

Reactions: Zizzy
I have a leather travel jewellery case and roll from Pickett London. If I need something lighter I use a Gucci silk bag that came with sunglasses. I was also thinking about buying an H Bastia for taking off earrings or rings when at the gym or yoga (haven't tested that idea yet).

Look at Smythson of Bond Street (Smythson.com), you’ll find everything you need there. I use this Smythson Jewelry roll and I’m more than happy with it.

View attachment 5601588View attachment 5601589

I really like these travel bags from The Moonstoned. I have both sizes. The smaller size "Pleasure" fits more than enough rings/bands, has three zip pockets, plenty of room for earrings, and the loops are perfect for bracelets or chains. Picture from website of the larger size "Business"
View attachment 5602145

I use a VCA watch roll and store in LV mini travel pouch. The mini goes from my duffle to my purse with no issues when doing early checkin

View attachment 5617322

View attachment 5617325

I wanted to share this with you all. I don’t have much jewelry, but I do like a place to put my rings, necklace, and watch/bracelet at the end of the day so I don’t misplace them (whether I’m traveling or at home). This is the Moonstoned small case, a Wolf for Pottery Barn travel case, and the small jewelry case from Cuyana. All are under $100 and really nice quality. It just depends on what you need. I like how I can put a bracelet and watch in The Moonstoned case and they won’t touch. That said, it wouldn’t be as good for stud earrings.

View attachment 5838916View attachment 5838919
wow! so many wonderful ideas here and stunning cases. It inspires me to get something good. At the moment I have a cheap travel case (from amazon hangs head in shame) Its like a miniature hatbox, with faux velvet interior - like I said it' was very inexpensive. Most of the time I pack just fashion costume jewellery to work with my traveling outfits, but although they are not expensive they are hard to replace if lost or broken, so definitely worth getting a decent little travel case.

I make a deliberate effort to travel with very little jewelry and if do, I make sure it is inexpensive jewelry. Nothing will ruin your vacation faster than having to deal with lost or stolen jewelry. I had to search every single gondola at a major ski resort after my earring fell off when I removed my jacket. You do not appreciate how many gondolas there are until you inspect each and every one with a powerful flashlight! 🥴 BTW I never found my much loved earring.

I travel with a water-stained leather jewelry holder from Coach. It must be 30 years old by now. I have tried other methods, but I keep coming back to my busted and trusted hot pink jewelry case. I stole my husband’s leather Penhaligon’s valet tray. The corners unsnap so it fits flat in the suitcase. It is pushing 25 years and millions of airline miles by now. We put our bits and pieces in the valet tray on the nightstand at the hotel while sleeping. Nothing gets scratched or misplaced.

Attachments

• IMG_4546.jpeg
    IMG_4546.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4547.jpeg
    IMG_4547.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 22
I travel with mine, I have 3 different Wolf travel cases that I use in my carry on to carry anything I'm not wearing.

Adding my 3, the square/cube is my fave for fun weekend getaways, but I've used all 3 for longer trips so I can have more accessory choices.

• Love
Reactions: Loriad
Right now I'm using a Travel Jewelry Case from Cuyana. I use it to store my jewelry and watch overnight and also to carry any other fine jewelry along on the trip. If it has jewelry in when I travel, it goes in my carry on. If it's empty, in my checked bag is ok. I try to travel in jewelry that I'll wear most days of trip. But, boredom can set in, that's why there are often a few extras along, usually each in its own little travel pouch, if it has one.

or

Reactions: ouiouilexiaussi
I use a vintage cigarette case. I carry it in my purse. I don't travel with much jewelry, just a few pairs of earrings, the sort I won't be devastated if they're lost or stolen. I wear my wedding ring all the time, and maybe a necklace and a cheap watch.

I bring a couple of small, soft pouches I’ve collected over the years from various jewelry shops. I tend to pack a couple of simple, dainty necklace chains (one in gold, one in silver) with a few charms that are versatile enough to be stacked or worn interchangeably. I also bring a silicone ring in place of my wedding set for beach/pool days.

Attachments

• 7D1FFF6A-78A6-4337-95A0-2A36E1EE96EF.jpeg
    7D1FFF6A-78A6-4337-95A0-2A36E1EE96EF.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 12
Adding my 3, the square/cube is my fave for fun weekend getaways, but I've used all 3 for longer trips so I can have more accessory choices.

I love all of these! Can you or anyone tell me if Wolf ever goes on sale or if I should look at buying with Nordy Notes, or when Rakuten has a high percent back? I'm really loving a few of their pieces but don't want to rush and want to buy at the best time. Thank you!

Reactions: Swanky
I love all of these! Can you or anyone tell me if Wolf ever goes on sale or if I should look at buying with Nordy Notes, or when Rakuten has a high percent back? I'm really loving a few of their pieces but don't want to rush and want to buy at the best time. Thank you!
I find Wolf pricing better through local retailers. Definitely do a search.