What do you say to a friend passing off a fake as a real birkin???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the one thing that's been overlooked in regard to not saying anything is the potential humiliation her friend could face at the hands of someone who's not so kind. That being said, if approached in a delicate way, it could be the kindest thing to let her know that you know she's carrying a fake. If she wants to keep carrying it, that's her business but if this is a dear friend that I don't want to see hurt, I'd strongly suggest to her that she quietly carry her fake bag.

Just my 2 cents worth.

oh....about the honda/birkin thing: I ABSOLUTELY agree what you are saying about piracy:tdown:, but a few of the wealthiest (beyond multi-millionaire. husbands are on a "list" or two) people here where I live drive Toyota Priuses and/or a bio diesel pickup trucks, for obvious reasons. So the logic of the honda thing really does not work.

ITA! You simply cannot judge a person's wealth by what they wear, what they drive, or how they adorn themselves. More importantly, why would you want to!

word Prada. :woohoo: My hubby makes plenty of dough to afford me an Hermes or 2 (has threatened to buy me one but thats another story) but is such a tight Scottish man he is still clinging to his 1989 Isuzu Trooper! I am hoping and praying for the day that car just dies! Just because we have the means doesn't mean we find it necessary or even desire to be surrounded continually by ultimate luxury. We pick and choose what we are going to splurge on and choose to live more modestly. Hubby likes his money in the bank...

LOL:lol:Tight DH's are a whole entire other thread. One I hope to never have to start!:nogood:

I'm sorry to say that even if YOU (cftf) are kind about the matter, as pradapsycho said, your friend is simply inviting ridicule with her behavior.

And sad as it is to admit, were I in your shoes, I would keep quiet but indulge in a bit of schaudenfreude were anyone else to point out her fake. Yes, I will fully acknowledge that I am capable of experiencing schaudenfreude in a thread where everyone apparently is in complete possession of decent behavior and generousity of spirit.

IMHO, if you carry an Hermes and drive a Honda, you're not fooling anyone.[/quote]

oh dear, I have been found out!!!

attachment.php

Kolib, you do make good points about fakes...you are clearly passionate about this.

As someone who is vintage, may I humbly suggest that passion tempered with graciousness is less likely to hurt or offend....

To the OP, I would say nothing, of course. :heart: Just be a friend.

Attachments

• poor honda.jpg
    poor honda.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 146
I think the one thing that's been overlooked in regard to not saying anything is the potential humiliation her friend could face at the hands of someone who's not so kind. That being said, if approached in a delicate way, it could be the kindest thing to let her know that you know she's carrying a fake. If she wants to keep carrying it, that's her business but if this is a dear friend that I don't want to see hurt, I'd strongly suggest to her that she quietly carry her fake bag.

Just my 2 cents worth.

This is good food for thought, PP

IMHO, if you carry an Hermes and drive a Honda, you're not fooling anyone.[/quote]

attachment.php

Kolib, you do make good points about fakes...you are clearly passionate about this.

As someone who is vintage, may I humbly suggest that passion tempered with graciousness is less likely to hurt or offend....

I just love the horse-and-rider stickers. :flowers:

attachment.php

I wonder how many of you honda-birkiners will be outed???:lol: Well said about the tempered passion!

attachment.php

Wow quite the day for Honda!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.