What do you lust after? Colour or Style?

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Just wondered if you chose a colour first and then a style or vice versa?

With my fuschia mabel I lusted after the colour and then the style however with my denim mabel it was definately a whole package.

I am now hoping to find a plum or purple mulberry but can't see any around that I fancy, it's a shame the Somerset wasn't good for me as the colour is just perfect.

So, what do you go for first? Colour? Style? Or does it just depend?

I think some colours look better on different bags.
Colour does catch my attention first though i think...
I love the Mabel Hobo but really fancy it in a red or something brighter...
I lusted after the Fuschia Mabel for ages, I then got it and it's just not worked for some reason?

Definitely the style! I am not a very colourful person :shame:. I always first notice the style and if I think it will work for me, then I check in what colours it is available.

Last edited:
Hm, good question Tiree.

I think for me it's been style first and then colour. I got my oak Phoebe and was happy with that for a while but then I thought a choc one would be great, and now I've got a black one. I had a similar experience with my Rosemary's - got a black one and HAD to have oak and choc.

Pebble Mabel and plum Somerset were both purchases based on colour and style. I don't really fancy any of the other colours that Mabel comes in, simply because I have my Phoebes and Rosemary's! I do, however, like the new black Somerset with silver hardware.

Hmm, good question Tiree.

Colour is what catches my eye first, definitely, but the style has to work. I can instantly rule a lot of bags out due to the style & shape.

Colour, definitely. I identify a colour gap and then see what bags are available in that colour :yes:

Although this has led to me having (or being able to justify :Push:smile: way too many bags so I shall be rethinking this in the future :yes: