What do you lust after? Colour or Style?

I think I like style (mostly Bayswaters) then what colour would go with my wardrobe...when I start working properly then it will become a fully-fledged collection of whatever I fancy! (At least that's the plan...:lol:)

definitely style first!! if there's too many colours to choose from the agony begins!! ooh blacks really practical, so's chocolate - but ooh they do it in blue (example). But you know i've got a thing for white bags!! i don't know whether its the colour or the style i lust after are only white!!
but like Jo said function is a big factor.. for me bag shopping experience goes like this...

1. style
2. colour
3. function
4. price
5. does it suit me

BC I think the yellow mabel is lovely too, so summery.

1.Colour
2. Style
3.Leather

I wish it read leather first as I would dearly love to own a Mulberry in goatskin but never find it in the right style or colour.

great question!! i think i go for style - my ultimate would be a dark navy regular mabel in refined grain leather with silver hardware..........ohhhhhhhhhhhhh if only!! plus i would request slightly longer straps so that it would stay on shoulder!

Just wondered if you chose a colour first and then a style or vice versa?

With my fuschia mabel I lusted after the colour and then the style however with my denim mabel it was definately a whole package.

I am now hoping to find a plum or purple mulberry but can't see any around that I fancy, it's a shame the Somerset wasn't good for me as the colour is just perfect.

So, what do you go for first? Colour? Style? Or does it just depend?

Well the majority of the time I just see something I really like, but at the moment I'm really taken with a particular colour. I've seen the E/W Bays and Maggie in stone with silver hardware and I'm really tempted.

^^Get it! It's about time you got a new bag, you've been so blooming good for ages (unless you've been buying them & sneaking them in without telling us of course!).
I can imagine the stone would look great on you....

:tup: Definitely style and the feel of the leather. I'm not very colourful and love classic chocolate, oak and black. My first mulberry was chocolate phoebe and I loved the colour so that when I saw the chocolate Roxanne that was my next buy. I've gone on from there to buy more Roxannes because I love the style and it works. I occasionally divert to other colours but they have to be neutral and I find I don't use them as much.

Style for me, and then I see if I like the colours and the leather it comes in. But colour is very important - I would probably not buy a bag in a style I love unless the colour is right. Or, at least, works with my warderobe.