What do you lust after? Colour or Style?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just wondered if you chose a colour first and then a style or vice versa?

With my fuschia mabel I lusted after the colour and then the style however with my denim mabel it was definately a whole package.

I am now hoping to find a plum or purple mulberry but can't see any around that I fancy, it's a shame the Somerset wasn't good for me as the colour is just perfect.

So, what do you go for first? Colour? Style? Or does it just depend?

2. I think some colours look better on different bags.
    Colour does catch my attention first though i think...
    I love the Mabel Hobo but really fancy it in a red or something brighter...
    I lusted after the Fuschia Mabel for ages, I then got it and it's just not worked for some reason?

3. Both!!

colour - oak

style - at the moment, definately mabel!

4. Hulahoop......
    Perhaps you need to sell the red mabel for a scrummy oak one?

5. #5 Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
    Definitely the style! I am not a very colourful person :shame:. I always first notice the style and if I think it will work for me, then I check in what colours it is available.

6. Hm, good question Tiree.

I think for me it's been style first and then colour. I got my oak Phoebe and was happy with that for a while but then I thought a choc one would be great, and now I've got a black one. I had a similar experience with my Rosemary's - got a black one and HAD to have oak and choc.

Pebble Mabel and plum Somerset were both purchases based on colour and style. I don't really fancy any of the other colours that Mabel comes in, simply because I have my Phoebes and Rosemary's! I do, however, like the new black Somerset with silver hardware.

7. ^^^style first for me then is it available in a colour i want!

8. I would have to say style for me comes first, because colorwise, it seems like its only oak or chocolate that I crave!!!!

9. Hmm, good question Tiree.

Colour is what catches my eye first, definitely, but the style has to work. I can instantly rule a lot of bags out due to the style & shape.

10. Both, simultaneously! If i like a bag then its love at first sight and it has to be the colour AND style that has pulled me towards it!

11. Well, I think its pretty obvious that I go for Style over colour, considering that my bags are mainly Chocolate or Oak!

12. ^^^ lol!!

13. Colour, definitely. I identify a colour gap and then see what bags are available in that colour :yes:

Although this has led to me having (or being able to justify :Push:smile: way too many bags so I shall be rethinking this in the future :yes:

14. I suppose for me it started as function, then style then colour - you can tell i've been thinking about this can't you!!!

15. I think I will go for the yellow Mabel. If they have one in SM when I visit there, I think I will not be able to resist.