What do you do with the tags?

I never used to keep tags but when I cleaned out my closet a few years back and let go of some bags, I realized that keeping them actually comes in handy.
So all tags go into an envelope which I then label and file/store. I used to keep them in dustbags but sometimes I would have 2-3 bags out and the dustbags would get switched around.

I keep the tags, cards, etc. in an envelope in my drawer. I don't keep the receipts after the time has passed for returns. When I sell a bag, I send the tags and cards.

I keep the receipt and any cards that may have come with the bag in my filing cabinet-I have a special file for handbag purchases and high end designer clothing/accessories. I've never thought to keep the price tags. For resale, isn't having the receipt adequate? Opinions please!

I am so glad you asked this question. I currently keep all tags in a bowl (well its actually a very very large martini glass). I keep all receipts according to year filed away in a drawer. But maybe this year I will actually keep the receipts and the tags together and filed away.

I keep the tags and any care cards inside the bag when I'm not using it, and set them in the dust bag whenever I take it out. I've lost a few here and there but it generally works out well. I don't keep the receipt unless I'm unsure I'm going to keep it.

I store all the paperwork (receipts, tags, any other info that comes with the bag) inside of an old mini-caboodle. Although, it's rather full now :shame: so I might have to look into something different soon! Woops!

I was keeping mine my tags and receipts in a big hatbox-style box, then I had a dorky but brilliant (to me) idea: I happened to have a cute little photo album with a cover that was accessories-related (I think it's a little Victorian picture of a dress or something). Now I keep all my receipts, tags and other papers together in the little slots of it. It's mostly for purses, but I've got some accessories in there, too.

If I ever stop being lazy and buy some printer ink, I'm going to print out photos of the bags to match with each one and slip them in there. I figure that way I can keep everything straight in case I want to sell one, compare it to another one for verification, or (heaven forbid) if I needed any of the info for insurance purposes.

Of course, I'm single right now...if I had a boyfriend or spouse, I don't know if I'd want them finding that and knowing how much I paid for some of my stuff. :wtf: