What do you do with the tags?

What do you do with the tags from your bags? I recently found out that a friend and I do the same thing - we carry the tags in the zip wall pocket of our bags. She just used one of hers to assist her in determining if a discounted bag she was looking at was a fake. I also keep the receipt in the dustbag.

Where do you keep your tags?

I have an lv box that I keep them all in.(safe place) incase I need them later.

I store all of mine in an LV box also. I just throw all the tags inside the small box and it lives in a larger LV box that houses receipts, extra dustbags, extra tassels (for my Bal bags), etc. The only ones I keep in a seprate baggie are my Bal tags since each bag or accessorie comes w/ like 7 tags, lol.

GhstDreamer, you aren't alone. :smile: I throw the tags out. I keep the receipts and they are filed in a folder I keep for purchases. But I keep most of my receipts in general.

I have a special (small) folder with clear plastic pockets where I store receipts, tags, care cards and any other extras (like extra tassels for Balenciagas). Also use it for receipts for other high-end clothes, shoes, accessories. In that way I have everything in one place and can quickly find anything that I need. Keeping both tags and receipts is a very good idea if there is any chance you might end up selling the bag at some point (and just for future reference in general). Actually, when I first started buying designer bags I used to store the tags and cards in the bag's inside pocket, but since that pocket is also used for other stuff the paper may get damaged - so eventually I got that little folder.

Yep, I tuck mine into the bag. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one to do this, then again I think it's a tPF girl thing. My mom noticed my tags tucked in and asked why I had them in there! LOL

I use one small ziploc bag for each bag and put all the tags, receipts, (mirrors in the case of Balenciaga), etc., associated with it in there and then they all go into a box for storage.

I must really be OCD about this:

Tags stapled to receipt, which is folded around the care card
Stored in an accordion file according to brand / type: handbag vs accessory
Entire accordion file is stored in closet.

I made the mistake of taking the tags out of my bags when I was just starting to buy designer goods and I now have a pile of them that I have no idea what they belong to-- they are all prada and since i own a bunch of the nylon from back in the day, the information on the tag means nothing to me. I should post it one day in the prada forum as a scavenger hunt deal...