What do you do when you can't afford a bag?

star3777 said:
I have been going through this for the past couple of days...There is a 28cm gold Kelly togo in Hermes here right now...I tried on a bluejean one last week, it's gone. I really want this kelly. I called Hermes in Balharbour and asked if they were getting any bluejean Birkins or kelly's or Gold (tan) color anything. The SA said I would NEVER find that there, it is so popular I would have to wait for years. So, here it is in Hermes sitting there but that means forgoing an entire 6 months of bags, clothes whatever... What would you guys do? I have decided to pass it up and have a good Vacation in a couple of weeks and buy alot more than just one $8000. bag.

Somehow the kelly sometimes shows up at the store. I saw kelly a few times at Hermes Atlanta, but what I really want is the birkin... I stop going there cause one time I want to place an order they said that they're not opening the waitlist anymore. I'm like whatever.. I can get a Hermes somewhere else around the world... If they don't want me, it's their loss.. Too bad.. It's not as if they're doing me a favor...

I dont know,,I cant sleep normally when I think of the bag! haha..:love: anyway, what I really do is keep talking about the bag to my husband and keep reminding him how gorgeous is the bag, and keep showing him the pictures of the bag from internet,,haha:Push: ...it works tho, but it takes sometimes, quiet embarassing uh!

Well, I also try to save my money till its enough, cut down my clothing expense, and save it for PURSE; YES!

BagLovingMom said:
I get so annoyed, and in turn annoy others with my complaining a**. I question why don't I have the $$ that Melania ***** has?!! Then I'm usually over it

well, aren't we all glad that at least we don't have the husband that Melania ***** has!??? :sick:

Sell old bags and anything else in my house I do not want on Ebay. My house is too cluttered anyway.

Now there are some bags (LV) that I know would just be irresponsible of me to purchase whether I have the $$ or not. I have two small children and I choose to stay at home with them. We have very little debt but we are looking to relocate back to NYS (we have family there) and we want a larger house. So in my situation I can not justify spending $1000 on a bag. For me it is almost just as fun to come to this website and learn about bags, talk about them, and of course drool over all of your beautiful bags!!

Maybe when the kids are older and I resume my career I will take the splurge! Until then I will stick with Coach.

star3777 said:
I have been going through this for the past couple of days...There is a 28cm gold Kelly togo in Hermes here right now...I tried on a bluejean one last week, it's gone. I really want this kelly. I called Hermes in Balharbour and asked if they were getting any bluejean Birkins or kelly's or Gold (tan) color anything. The SA said I would NEVER find that there, it is so popular I would have to wait for years. So, here it is in Hermes sitting there but that means forgoing an entire 6 months of bags, clothes whatever... What would you guys do? I have decided to pass it up and have a good Vacation in a couple of weeks and buy alot more than just one $8000. bag.

How about this Kelly as your birthday and anniversary gift for this year? Just a thought, hehe.